ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So what's the move?
Chris Meck 12:07 PM 10-26-2021
Demone Harris released. Kaindoh on the IR. Okafor as usual nursing injuries.

Something has to be brewing right? Why would they just release a guy when they're already shorthanded?
[Reply]
booger 03:19 PM 10-28-2021
Harris had a chance to help out and stick out at a position of need and didn’t show any growth. He was elevated for 2 games and they know what they have in him and now added Shilique Calhoun to the PS last week. He has experience in this defense or similar the majority of his career. So it’s him and Austin Edwards at DE now on the PS competing for the call up if the need arises.

I know the interest in Ingram is out there. Ominehu from the Texans is a very similar size player to Ogbah. Freakishly long arms to knock down passes and battle long armed OTs. I think contract wise he was a 4-5th rd pick. 5th I think and not sure on years left under contract but he’s who I hope they aim for.

Vernon costs nothing trade wise just a matter if he’s healthy and if he’s not asking for more than they can afford cap wise. Makes plenty of sense but haven’t heard anything about his rehab and availability etc.

He Ogbah I would take back for sure but it has to not be nothing but a 6-7 or conditional in 2023 since he is only under contract for the rest of this season.

Then I have Ingram next. He’s short armed and has a Danna build but he can get the job done. Okafor and his effort has been pathetic IMO. Hope they dump his ass soon

I will say this about Tim Ward...If the Jets are willing I would take the 7th they got from the pats for Durant and try to get Ward back. He is basically a less athletic version of Tonoh Kpass. 6’6 long limbs and can kick inside like Ogbah and Tanoh did when they were here. They got caught in a numbers game having to cut Ward and I don’t think he’s a savior or the answer to all the problems on the DL but I would definitely take him back if they want a late round pick

Other than that they need to keep giving guys like Calhoun a look for whatever 2-3 weeks on the ps then move on to another prospect or unemployed vet with something to prove. The need to do the same with LBs on the ps. It’s a strong part of player development and how guys like Fortson and Ward develop
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:26 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by Mulliganman:
Of course Veech did :-):-)

Veech shouldn't be offering ANYTHING for anybody unless its something that could be a piece also beyond this year. I'm not sure Ingram fits that bill..
that makes no sense.

I'm pretty pessimistic about the prospects this season, but if you're in charge you need to do anything you can to help right the ship. It's not Madden where you can just skip forward to the offseason.

If you can get Ingram for a late pick you do it. You've got real problems at DE, you're 3-4 and your defense is terrible. If you can get a good player you do it.
[Reply]
booger 03:30 PM 10-28-2021
They’re sitting at 52 since putting Fortson on IR. 15 on the PS since cutting Harris

Plus they are one heavy on the OL with 11 and Long can start practicing soon and have that 3 week window when they either activate him or keep him on NFI
[Reply]
booger 03:36 PM 10-28-2021
I think with his playoff starting experience Allegretti is someone i would possibly trade as a player for player potentially. Would’ve give him away but LDT and his no trade clause...Wiley isn’t someone who would get a pick. Blythe is another possibility. Something has to give. 11 is too much to carry on the 53
[Reply]
Mulliganman 04:41 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
that makes no sense.

I'm pretty pessimistic about the prospects this season, but if you're in charge you need to do anything you can to help right the ship. It's not Madden where you can just skip forward to the offseason.

If you can get Ingram for a late pick you do it. You've got real problems at DE, you're 3-4 and your defense is terrible. If you can get a good player you do it.
I hope like hell they can turn things around but we're nearly halfway in and haven't seen much to gleam hope from. So, with Ingram we're talking about giving up another pick for a player you could have signed in the offseason and throwing away another pick when the team has pissed away too many in trades and not hit on enough of the picks they had left. Is Ingram even under contract for anything more than this season? Because if he isn't you're looking at potentially throwing away another pick at a stopgap and the team is gonna need as many picks as it can get to try to rebuild the team especially on the defensive side of ball starting this offseason....
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:07 PM 10-28-2021
I hope like hell they can turn things around but we're nearly halfway in and haven't seen much to gleam hope from. So, with Ingram we're talking about giving up another pick for a player you could have signed in the offseason and throwing away another pick when the team has pissed away too many in trades and not hit on enough of the picks they had left. Is Ingram even under contract for anything more than this season? Because if he isn't you're looking at potentially throwing away another pick at a stopgap and the team is gonna need as many picks as it can get to try to rebuild the team especially on the defensive side of ball starting this offseason....
It would be a late round pick, man. It's not a premium pick situation.

We're talking like a 5th or later.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 05:40 PM 10-28-2021
It would be a late round pick, man. It's not a premium pick situation.

We're talking like a 5th or later.
You sure? We’re talking about Veach here. Plus Pitt is not gonna wanna trade him here especially for peanuts. And Trey Smith was a 6 rounder. Just sayin…
[Reply]
booger 05:43 PM 10-28-2021
I can’t remember where like sbnation or one of them fansites mentioning something about Charles Harris from the lions maybe being shopped but that seemed like one of them speculating articles for this time of year
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:57 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Veach really ****ed that one up. Good grief.
Didnt Melvin take less to go to Pitt?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:08 PM 10-28-2021
You sure? We’re talking about Veach here. Plus Pitt is not gonna wanna trade him here especially for peanuts. And Trey Smith was a 6 rounder. Just sayin…
So Veach is suddenly a drooling moron?

Hindsight is hindsight, and some of the moves haven't worked out (hell, quite a few) but that doesn't mean he's an idiot. Those moves looked like good ones until they didn't.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:22 PM 10-28-2021
So Veach is suddenly a drooling moron?

Hindsight is hindsight, and some of the moves haven't worked out (hell, quite a few) but that doesn't mean he's an idiot. Those moves looked like good ones until they didn't.
There was very little complaining outside of #2 WR about this roster this offseason and you can argue #2 WR really hasn't been an issue.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:28 PM 10-28-2021
1 year 4 million. Veach is a fucking idiot for letting him leave the building without a deal in hand, especially given the circumstances that we had to move Jones to DE and Clark getting arrested for felony gun possession in March.
He signed for that with the Steelers we offered more than that, just like we did with JuJu, per Matt Derrick. Both choose to go to the Steelers.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:03 PM 10-28-2021
Veach really fucked that one up. Good grief.
*player makes dumb ass decision*

Fucking Fart Bleach fucked up another one!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Mulliganman 08:21 PM 10-28-2021
[QUOTE=Chris Meck;15919206]So Veach is suddenly a drooling moron?

Hindsight is hindsight, and some of the moves haven't worked out (hell, quite a few) but that doesn't mean he's an idiot. Those moves looked like good ones until they didn't.[/QUOTE

Right now, I’d say the jury is still out on how to describe him. But, trying to trade for a guy you could have had in the off-season doesn’t make you look brilliant that’s for damn sure:-). Guys could debate the Clark, Reed, etc moves but one thing that’s a whole lot harder to defend and pretty damn idiotic was pinning your hopes for DE on Chris Jones after not signing anyone in Free Agency especially for a team with Super Bowl aspirations and his drafts with picks he hasn’t traded away have left a lot to be desired and part of the issue right now…
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:40 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Didnt Melvin take less to go to Pitt?
Uh, no? Are you conflating him with JuJu?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up