ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 139
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:36 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That 3rd rounder is a pick we wouldn't even have if Ryan Poles hadn't gone to Chicago. It was essentially "free" and it's not even in the 3rd round, it's after the 3rd but before the 4th.

There's no risk really.
I don’t get this rationale. Are you arguing that the picks have no value?

You can argue that the picks don’t have that much value but there clearly is value in a third and sixth round pick. Especially in today’s NFL where teams covet draft picks so much. We’ve seen Veach hit on good late round picks such as Trey smith, sneed and Watson. We won’t have as many opportunities to find those types of players because we will have less picks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:37 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He clearly does NOT use commas when he texts! Very concerning!
Kommas.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:38 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I don’t get this rationale. Are you arguing that the picks have no value?

You can argue that the picks don’t have that much value but there clearly is value in a third and sixth round pick. Especially in today’s NFL where teams covet draft picks so much. We’ve seen Veach hit on good late round picks such as Trey smith, sneed and Watson. We won’t have as many opportunities to find those types of players because we will have less picks.
I'm saying that Toney's potential so far outweighs the cost of the picks that they're really not worth talking about.
[Reply]
wazu 07:42 AM 10-28-2022
I'm saying that Toney's potential so far outweighs the cost of the picks that they're really not worth talking about.
Probably the better argument is that after giving up the picks, we still have 5 2023 draft picks in the first 4 rounds, and 11 picks overall.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:43 AM 10-28-2022
I'm not sure this trade is mainly about future seasons, but maybe more about Buffalo in the playoffs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:45 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
Probably the better argument is that after giving up the picks, we still have 5 2023 draft picks in the first 4 rounds, and 11 picks overall.
Exactly.

Look, Toney could flame out. There's definitely a risk of that.

But if he comes in focused and integrates himself into the locker room and offense, the upside is off the charts.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 07:46 AM 10-28-2022
We need to remember that our draft class this year is an anomaly. Getting this many contributors in year 1 is unheard of. Unless you are a terrible rebuilding team. Our last 1 that is even comparable is 2008.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:48 AM 10-28-2022
Exactly.

Look, Toney could flame out. There's definitely a risk of that.

But if he comes in focused and integrates himself into the locker room and offense, the upside is off the charts.
If we used a 6th to move up a few spots in the third round of next year’s draft to take exactly Toney, we’d all love it.

We still have 3 years of him on a rookie contract (if we exercise that 5th year). This year can be his redshirt year to learn the offense, then 3 full years.

A third round pick would need a year to assimilate to the team, then 3 full years.

So we basically took Toney in the third round of next year’s draft. Worth the draft slot? I’d say so.
[Reply]
O.city 07:57 AM 10-28-2022
It's basically a fourth rounder pick. Draft picks are severely overrated here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:58 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If we used a 6th to move up a few spots in the third round of next year’s draft to take exactly Toney, we’d all love it.

We still have 3 years of him on a rookie contract (if we exercise that 5th year). This year can be his redshirt year to learn the offense, then 3 full years.

A third round pick would need a year to assimilate to the team, then 3 full years.

So we basically took Toney in the third round of next year’s draft. Worth the draft slot? I’d say so.
:-)
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 AM 10-28-2022
Get a first round talent for 3 years for a fourth round pick.

It's a 2-0 fastball right down the middle. Take a swing.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:07 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

It would be one thing if we were giving up a pick for a short-term fix, who will need an extension right away. Then I’d be out.

Having cheap control of talent is the beauty of draft picks for this team. With Toney, we still have that cheap control.

I’m in.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:07 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:08 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It would be one thing if we were giving up a pick for a short-term fix, who will need an extension right away. Then I’d be out.

Having cheap control of talent is the beauty of draft picks for this team. With Toney, we still have that cheap control.

I’m in.
3 years left at under $6M with a 5th year option. CHEAP.
[Reply]
O.city 08:10 AM 10-28-2022
You wanna be able to sign Willie Gay and or Sneed or whoever? These are the types of moves you have to try to get some value.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 139
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Up