ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship
Hydrae 05:43 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Does there have to be a new bridge? How about going with a fun and retro ferry system?

It will take a lot of ferries to get 35,000 cars across each day.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:38 PM 03-26-2024
the only DC related thing I will say "Biden says the US will fully pay for the reconstruction"

No shit sherlock.

Watching more video on the news. Incredible. This could have been so much worse.
But those poor road workers. Had no idea what was coming.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:46 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
the only DC related thing I will say "Biden says the US will fully pay for the reconstruction"

No shit sherlock.

Watching more video on the news. Incredible. This could have been so much worse.
But those poor road workers. Had no idea what was coming.
Eh, infrastructure projects are often paid for by a combination of state and federal spending, so his statement isn't a foregone conclusion. He can't technically even allocate funding for something like this - that's Congress's responsibility - so I take his statement to mean, "I'm going to push Congress to allocate 100% funding for this out of the federal budget rather than expecting Maryland to pay for some of it."
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 05:00 PM 03-26-2024
Man, if there's anything positive to take from this, at least it didn't happen during rush hour, and at least they had enough time to stop traffic and prevent more loss of life.
[Reply]
Pinchshot 05:08 PM 03-26-2024
Definitely lost power
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:15 PM 03-26-2024

Lara Logan says she has inside sources who told her the bridge disaster was a terrorist attack. pic.twitter.com/xB04Txi90I

— Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) March 26, 2024

The loons are out in full force as expected
[Reply]
Lzen 07:48 AM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:

I won't rule out cyber attack just yet. However, this seems a little hyperbolic to me. Why could trucks not route around that?
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:50 AM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I won't rule out cyber attack just yet. However, this seems a little hyperbolic to me. Why could trucks not route around that?
They can, or, if needed sips can dock in several other port cities.
[Reply]
loochy 08:56 AM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
They can, or, if needed sips can dock in several other port cities.

They can, but does the port have the necessary open capacity? It works a lot like airports, with scheduled ins and outs. It's really hard to work things in when they already operate near capacity anyway.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:41 AM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:

And plenty of morons believe her.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:21 PM 03-26-2024
God damn, those are some mighty considerate terrorists. Wait until the bridge would be at its least busy then call a warning in about a half hour before impact just to try and mitigate some more.
[Reply]
neech 07:47 AM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
God damn, those are some mighty considerate terrorists.
You see the new, modern-day terrorists are trying to get away from the ugly thug type of image and have a charming persona of themselves by being polite and mannerly.
With a sophistication and charm about them that makes you want to invite them in for a cup of tea.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:11 AM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by neech:
You see the new, modern-day terrorists are trying to get away from the ugly thug type of image and have a charming persona of themselves by being polite and mannerly.
With a sophistication and charm about them that makes you want to invite them in for a cup of tea.
Democrats?
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:28 PM 03-26-2024
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...om-cargo-ships

https://archive.ph/PAhF5 (non-paywall)

These experts generally think the major bridges in CA would come out ok. Also that fenders would help a lot.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:47 AM 03-27-2024
I realize that everyone wants to just throw aside the cyber attack angle but, I think it's at least worth some consideration. Here's some good discussion on this, from all angles, if anyone cares to look at it with an open mind.

IMO, you can't say one way or the other this soon. There has to be some investigation first.

[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up