ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1543 of 4880
« First < 543104314431493153315391540154115421543 154415451546154715531593164320432543 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:25 AM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Playoffs? Denver is still a 5-6 win team. Not one single elite young emerging player on the team. The very few stars they have are getting old, fat, and happy.
And at some point you know that a cold case file is going to hit a match with Von Miller.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:28 AM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Then what's the point of spending 18 million? If all you need is a veteran punching bag while the rookie learns you have Siemien for that.
Fans are done with the guys they have... so, the cost of getting past that and the Lynch pick is paying for the mistake and bringing in a new face. I'm saying, that few expect Keenum (or Cousins had they brought him in) to be the guy that puts them on his back and carries them.

No matter what they do/did at QB... they have to improve talent around them, specifically OL. They need some upgrading at RB and if Butt fails to show he's legit, they'll need a TE. Hopefully, Butt is the guy - I haven't followed the progress on the injury.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:31 AM 03-14-2018
Trevor should be able to float around the league for the next decade collecting money like Chase Daniels. He's not an inspirational rah-rah guy. Keenum may or may not be all that much better --- I think he's a bit better, but not sure how much. If he can be the 'leader' that they've lacked at QB for the last two seasons, that will be nice to see.

I didn't watch a lot of MIN games, so I don't know how he was on the field during the games with the leadership stuff.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:34 AM 03-14-2018
Wait...is...Keenum...the highest paid Bronco? :-) 50 players and over ten percent of the cap is going to a backup level QB. When you think of it like that, you realize just how bad that team is.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:35 AM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Here's how I view it... when Elway took over, he had an interesting opportunity to go all in on the SB or Bust mentality when they signed Manning. Once that happened, they put all their focus on the FAs and building a team that got to the SB twice and finally won it.

They didn't plan too terribly well for post-Manning and that's on them. The drafts have busted more often than not, no doubt about it. It would be interseting to see where they would be had Manning not signed with them, as they would have had a completely different process for rebuilding that team and moving beyond Tebow.

This offseason is the one that makes or breaks John Elway as the architect of the franchise. They tried to get by cheap the last two years and it blew up on them. So, everything they do now is under a microscope.

They're not in a terrible cap situation, they have a handful of solid players to build around and they play it smart... they can win 10 games in 2018. Lots of work to do though, but nothing that says it's not achievable.

The schedule outside the division is as follows and those teams in blue (7) represent the favorable matchups at this point. Anything can happen on any given Sunday, but one benefit of winning 5 games in 2017... softer schedule in 2018.

No, I'm not proclaiming they will win 10 games - I believe that's definitely within reach.

Home opponents: Browns, Rams, Seahawks, Steelers, Texans
Away opponents: 49ers, Bengals, Cardinals, Ravens, Jets
Donkos would be OK if all those drafted OL had panned out...they had like 3 straight busts. The FAs were equally as bad. I think Semen would have been serviceable if he wasn't getting killed every game. It didn't help that he was following in Manning's footsteps either...I dont think Keenum is going to fair much better than he did....Trevor did win 9 games in 2016. That win total matches Keenum's career total prior to 2017.

If I were a Donko fan...I wouldn't be happy about the new QB situation. The Vikings let him walk for a reason...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:36 AM 03-14-2018
KC baiting you into taking Lynch put you into this situation. Don't forget that.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:39 AM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Donkos would be OK if all those drafted OL had panned out...they had like 3 straight busts. The FAs were equally as bad. I think Semen would have been serviceable if he wasn't getting killed every game. I dont think Keenum is going to fair much better than he did....Trevor did win 9 games in 2016. That win total matches Keenum's career total prior to 2017.

If I were a Donko fan...I wouldn't be happy about the new QB situation.
Pretty much what I said.. it's been all about the OL, they bought the wrong FAs in years past. Gotta fix that or Keenum doesn't matter.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:40 AM 03-14-2018
KC baiting you into taking Lynch put you into this situation. Don't forget that.
Yawn. It's fun that you guys buy into that... either way, they spent the 94th overall pick to move from 31 to 26. Huge loss of picks.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:42 AM 03-14-2018
Yawn. It's fun that you guys buy into that... either way, they spent the 94th overall pick to move from 31 to 26. Huge loss of picks.
You do realize it happened right?
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:45 AM 03-14-2018
Its not just the picks...it's time wasted too. You wouldn't be in this mess had Lynch panned out...losing two high picks will set you back. That's two potential starters.

It a cumulative effect...you can see how Mahomes (on a cheap deal) is already reshaping the roster in KC.

Donko are going to have to spend ANOTHER high pick to get a QB...so that's 3 picks and counting. Its also $36 million spent on a stop-gap.

Lynch busting is huge...on a lot of levels.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:45 AM 03-14-2018
You do realize it happened right?
The guy was on their radar... if they thought any team was going to jump in between 26-30 and take him, forcing them to spend the 94th pick to move up... I really don't care.

If they had packaged several picks to move 1/2 way up in R1 to do it... I'd be annoyed. Some of you act like they mortgaged the draft to move up 5 spots.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:46 AM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Its not just the picks...it's time wasted too. You wouldn't be in this mess had Lynch panned out...losing two high picks will set you back. That's two potential starters.
Shit happens... I'll never bag on them for being aggressive, moving up to get the player they like. Drafting a QB is not an exact science and most fail to reach their potential.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:49 AM 03-14-2018
KC getting a legit franchise guy the next year HAS to sting.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:50 AM 03-14-2018
Funny how KnowShit was laughing at us for paying Smith $17 million per year. But now, his team has signed Smith lite for $18 million and that's a bargain. How do you even rationalize that?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:51 AM 03-14-2018
KC getting a legit franchise guy the next year HAS to sting.
Honestly doesn't sting for me... I've said it dozens of times, I hope he turns out to be a hell of a QB for you guys.
[Reply]
Page 1543 of 4880
« First < 543104314431493153315391540154115421543 154415451546154715531593164320432543 > Last »
Up