ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 295
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:27 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm curious why you don't like him....
I think they want elite or near elite athleticism from their receivers moving forward and that’s not Shenault’s game. I don’t see him being a great separator from coverage at the NFL level.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:28 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Which will likely happen on the first day of training camp as he's walking from the lockerrom to the field.

There are some seriously dumb motherfuckers in this thread.

JFC.
Damien Williams is a really nice role player, change of pace, 3rd down back etc, he's nowhere near a feature guy.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:28 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And who says we can’t give a second contract to him? It’s not like RBs can’t get second year deals....you just have to be careful who you give them to.
Yea is anybody saying the Ekeler deal is bad?

If you’re going to pay a RB, a guy that catches passes like a slot WR is different than a workhorse 25+ carries guy like Henry.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:29 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think they want elite or near elite athleticism from their receivers moving forward and that’s not Shenault’s game. I don’t see him being a great separator from coverage at the NFL level.
He actually is a great athlete for his size, if he lost 10lbs he'd be ridiculously fast.

What I like about him is he brings a playmaker in a different body type.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:29 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You want those guys there for at least 7-8 years ideally.
No offense but that rarely happens with any draft pick, especially a running back.

Furthermore, the Chiefs second Super Bowl Window is open right now. They're bringing back 20 of 22 starters and the only thing the offense is missing is a true Feature Back, which they have in CEH.

Now, their window is wide open for the next 4 seasons, which I'll take every single day of the week.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:30 PM 04-24-2020
Holy shit, this is just an absolutely ****ing awful take.

Good ****ing God.
Maybe, but it's probable, based on Andy's precedents. CEH is a rookie. Damien is a known quantity and Washington is also a known quantity and a vet. Unless CEH has a photographic memory and just blows up from day 1, he's going to slot behind the vets.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:31 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah, he's got that elusiveness and change of direction to make something out of nothing. It's a rare talent, and that's what you have to have if you've got a middle of the pack at best OL.

We're also not going to suddenly hand off 30 times a game. I mean, that's just not what Andy Reid does. I don't care if we had Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

And Clyde's got a little of both of those guys going on.
Woah hold on a sec. Let’s give some damn respect to Damien Williams. That guy is about as elusive as it gets. He also has 11 playoff TD’s in 2 years.

That’s not me arguing against CEH by saying that. Let’s just keep in mind how goddamn good Damien was for us. Give him his due.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:31 PM 04-24-2020
He actually is a great athlete for his size, if he lost 10lbs he'd be ridiculously fast.

What I like about him is he brings a playmaker in a different body type.
There’s some injury issues there too.

More than anything, I just think we could get a lot more immediate impact from several other positions. Shenault, especially in this weird offseason, probably wouldn’t start a game for this offense in 2020. I know Watkins and Robinson could leave next year, but we can worry about that then.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:31 PM 04-24-2020
If he was a 4th round pick, it's an accurate take, at 32 no, he's going to play a lot right away.

Pretty obvious they viewed RB as a problem as much as a ton of fans did.
Considering that Damien Williams is good for about 6 regular season games, as he's always injured during Training Camp, I don't think CEH would be behind anyone currently on this roster.

It's pretty clear the Chiefs targeted CEH as the Week 1 starter and are going to load him up this season.

Williams will be an afterthought, although he could be valuable as a spot back, if he's healthy, which certainly isn't a guarantee.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:32 PM 04-24-2020
So the dude that said CEH to KC was his worst nightmare...

This is the exact moment I found out that Clyde Edwards-Helaire was going to the #ChiefsKingdom on last night's live stream.

KC's wildest dream scenario is the rest of the AFC's worst nightmare. pic.twitter.com/myoZM5iN9D

— Brett Kollmann (@BrettKollmann) April 24, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:33 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Maybe, but it's probable, based on Andy's precedents.
No, it's not.

The fucking guy has 1,200 rushing yards and 12 TD's in SIX FUCKING SEASONS!

He's the furthest thing on this roster from a 16 game starter, especially at age 28.

He was easily replaceable so the Chiefs replaced him with a far superior running back.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:33 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
There’s some injury issues there too.

More than anything, I just think we could get a lot more immediate impact from several other positions. Shenault, especially in this weird offseason, probably wouldn’t start a game for this offense in 2020. I know Watkins and Robinson could leave next year, but we can worry about that then.
Thats the thing, you don't need him to start, you make him a 10-20 play package guy where he can give you snaps all over the field even wildcat QB...that ads an element to the offense that is sick.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:34 PM 04-24-2020
Yes but none of you people have bothered to read the new CBA.

If any first rounder reaches two Pro Bowls in his first three seasons, his 5th year option then equals the Franchise Tag number.

So if CEH lives up to his potential, he'll likely be with the Chiefs for only 4 years but the Chiefs should get a high Comp Pick in return.
RB's are comically underpaid so I don't think putting the tag on a back is a big deal. That's why I was like fuck it, do the 5th year option and even franchise tag him once.

That's 6 years of pretty good value with zero long term big money committment.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:35 PM 04-24-2020
Damien Williams is a really nice role player, change of pace, 3rd down back etc, he's nowhere near a feature guy.
Exactly. If the Chiefs hit on a UDFA, he could even bring back a player in a trade before the season starts.

For whatever dumb reason, there's a large population of Damien Williams fans that think he's the guy that excelled in the 2019 playoffs and Super Bowl.

He's not. Not even close.

That's the player he could be, if healthy, but he's never been healthy, even going back to college, which is why he was a UDFA.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:36 PM 04-24-2020
No offense but that rarely happens with any draft pick, especially a running back.

Furthermore, the Chiefs second Super Bowl Window is open right now. They're bringing back 20 of 22 starters and the only thing the offense is missing is a true Feature Back, which they have in CEH.

Now, their window is wide open for the next 4 seasons, which I'll take every single day of the week.
Shit man with the efficiency this team has operated with? I think it could be much longer than that. As long as Andy Reid doesn’t have a stroke we’re good for maybe the next decade.

Spags isn’t getting another HC job and we all know Toub isn’t either.

We’re going to have Mahomes, Veach, Andy, Spags and Toub running this football team.

Jesus. The Chiefs really could run the 2020’s.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 295
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up