ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 137 of 295
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187237 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:14 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
In my scenario you don't have a RB1.

I just don't see adding a depth player with a top 15-20 pick. Depth players can be found in almost any lower round. A generational/near-generational RB not so much.
If you have a top 15-20 pick you're adding a potential weapon to your rotation. As you can see with our defensive line and our offensive weapons, you can never have too many.

Even without having a RB1, I'd try to find one (or two) later in the draft.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:21 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If you have a top 15-20 pick you're adding a potential weapon to your rotation. As you can see with our defensive line and our offensive weapons, you can never have too many.

Even without having a RB1, I'd try to find one (or two) later in the draft.
Even the WR/TE pick is suspect in my scenario. Rookie WRs/TEs rarely make instantaneous impacts over the course of their first season. They see 15-20 snaps/game and maybe 5-10 targets.

But Marshall Faulk's clone? LT-c? They're running backs and high quality receivers; basically you get both with one pick. And as RB1s they're on the field 25-30 snaps/game.

Like I said, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, because given the right situation I'd take the generational RB as high as 10th, maybe a little higher, assuming I had those other holes filled adequately.
[Reply]
kevrunner 05:47 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
But it’s stupid to take a RB in the 1st!!

/draft idiots
James Robinson, an undrafted rookie RB on Jacksonville is having a great season too.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:57 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
James Robinson, an undrafted rookie RB on Jacksonville is having a great season too.
And?

What does this have to do with taking CEH at 32 and it obviously being a good decision?
[Reply]
kevrunner 09:35 PM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And?

What does this have to do with taking CEH at 32 and it obviously being a good decision?
I was just responding to the post, he seemed to refer that everyone who wanted the Chiefs to use the 32nd pick on a different position or even to trade down, is an idiot.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:07 PM 10-28-2020
2nd in rushing yards
1st in yards per rushing attempt for back with more than 100 carries
4th in yards per rushing attempt for back with more than 75 carries

SIXTH in rushing attempts.

10th in receiving yards among all RB's
4th in receiving targets among RB's
6th in receiving yards
7th in yards per receptions for back with more than 15 receptions

If you take all of the stats and put them together, he's right on the line between the 2nd and 3rd best overall RB in the league.
And is squeaky clean.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:31 PM 11-09-2020
Any thoughts on CEH barely being used in the passing game? I don't care all that much that he hasn't had much success on the ground, because hopefully that means teams are back to playing the run more and opening up the passing game for Mahomes. But I really thought he would be more of a threat as a receiver, and he just hasn't been for the most part. Bell hasn't really been a huge threat there either, so I'm wondering if it's just not really part of the game plan?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:33 PM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Any thoughts on CEH barely being used in the passing game? I don't care all that much that he hasn't had much success on the ground, because hopefully that means teams are back to playing the run more and opening up the passing game for Mahomes. But I really thought he would be more of a threat as a receiver, and he just hasn't been for the most part. Bell hasn't really been a huge threat there either, so I'm wondering if it's just not really part of the game plan?

Reiter and Wylie got buttfucked in run blocking
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:35 PM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Reiter and Wylie get butt****ed in run blocking
Not really my concern though. I know this OL sucks overall. I just thought CEH would be somewhat similar to a Kamara or CMC type as a receiver, but he's hardly even been used there as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:37 PM 11-09-2020
Not really my concern though. I know this OL sucks overall. I just thought CEH would be somewhat similar to a Kamara or CMC type as a receiver, but he's hardly even been used there as well.
Too many weapons, not enough snaps. When you have Tyreek and Kelce, it is what it is.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:39 PM 11-09-2020
Patrick isn't Alex which CEH would've been his 1st or 2nd read.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:45 PM 11-09-2020
Too many weapons, not enough snaps. When you have Tyreek and Kelce, it is what it is.
Which I completely understand and support. I've been on board with the pick from day 1 and I've shot down any talk from the PFF nerd types who say you don't need a first round runningback. I know he absolutely dominated against Buffalo, but that seemed more about them selling out to stop the pass than CEH just creating on his own. So was it really such a smart idea to take a RB in the first when he doesn't appear to be fully utilized in this system?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:47 PM 11-09-2020
Which I completely understand and support. I've been on board with the pick from day 1 and I've shot down any talk from the PFF nerd types who say you don't need a first round runningback. I know he absolutely dominated against Buffalo, but that seemed more about them selling out to stop the pass than CEH just creating on his own. So was it really such a smart idea to take a RB in the first when he doesn't appear to be fully utilized in this system?
:-)

Yea taking CEH at 32 was a HUGE mistake.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:50 PM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

Yea taking CEH at 32 was a HUGE mistake.
I'm not saying it was a huge mistake. Again, I've been on board with the pick from the beginning. I just question, based on his usage, if that was in fact the best pick in hindsight? Maybe it was, I'm looking for discussion on the matter.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:53 PM 11-09-2020
I'm not saying it was a huge mistake. Again, I've been on board with the pick from the beginning. I just question, based on his usage, if that was in fact the best pick in hindsight? Maybe it was, I'm looking for discussion on the matter.
The Chiefs would’ve went into the season with no CEH or Williams, so it’s pretty obvious he was the best pick in hindsight.
[Reply]
Page 137 of 295
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187237 > Last »
Up