ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 140
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 03:05 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Why did this need another thread? It’s not a done deal. It’s a very misleading thread title.
Why can you not just talk chiefs instead of trying to be a thread manager
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:06 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Ah, yeah. It's called 4 down linemen and getting guys that fit and can excel at more than one thing. I think they've accomplished that.
I'm glad all we have to do is build a D line because I was getting worried for a minute there. Problems solved, folks!

HALLELUJAH!
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:07 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I'm gonna be honest though. Looking back at the history of #29 picks...it isn't great.

2018 Taven Bryan DT Florida
2017 TreDavious White CB LSU
2016 Robert Nkemdiche Ole Miss
2015 Phillip Dorsett WR Miami
2014 Dominique Easley DE Florida
2013 Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee Minnesota
2012 Harrison Smith S Notre Dame Minnesota
2011 Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin Chicago
2010 Kyle Wilson CB Boise State NY Jets
2009 Hakeem Nicks WR N. Carolina NY Giants
2008 Kentwan Balmer DT UNC San Francisco
2007 Ben Grubbs OG Auburn Baltimore
2006 Nick Mangold C Ohio State New York Jets
2005 Marlin Jackson CB Michigan Indianapolis
2004 Michael Jenkins WR Ohio State Atlanta
2003 Nick Barnett MLB Oregon State Green Bay
2002 Marc Colombo T Boston College Chicago
2001 Ryan Pickett NT Ohio State St. Louis
I see quite a few excellent players on that list.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:07 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I'm glad all we have to do is build a D line because I was getting worried for a minute there. Problems solved, folks!

HALLELUJAH!
Two 2nd's and a 3rd.

And this doesn't change anything about the magical FA corners that will be available after the draft for cheap.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:08 PM 04-23-2019

HALLELUJAH!
Man, if only there were an organized event where 32 teams get together and select incoming football players to help improve their respective teams....
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:08 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
That's stupid. The cap rising means the big contract everyone lost their fucking mind over today is a bargain tomorrow. As long as the cap is rising at levels they're currently rising, the cap means fuck all until the growth finally flatlines.

These deals are very manageable to work with tomorrow is the thing.
I get that but tomorrow some other player will get paid relative to the cap space. Just because player A contract looks good because of the cap doesn't mean you're not paying another player what the market rate is
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:08 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I see quite a few excellent players on that list.
"Excellent" ?

:-)

Man your bar for excellence is low.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:10 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I get that but tomorrow some other player will get paid relative to the cap space. Just because player A contract looks good because of the cap doesn't mean you're not paying another player what the market rate is
and they will be paid pennies early on and the cap will be even higher when the actual realization of those deals set in.

Let me repeat it for you again. Until the cap stops rising, big deals mean little.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:10 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Like i said man, you want to build a Ferarri using hand me downs and cheap overseas knock offs.

That's not how you build ANYTHING worth a shit.

You want quality? You spend the money/assets to build quality.

That rule applies whether it's an NFL roster, a car, a house, or the clothes on your back.
Look, you LOVE the big splash and have been pining for one for fucking weeks now, being practically unbearable in the process. So congratulations, go spank one out, and enjoy this day of big dollar spending! You've earned it!

Me, I want to see how we manage to fill the REST of this roster out while paying our guys who need to be paid.

SALUTE!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:10 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
KC gives up: 640 for their first, and the 2020 swap is the equivalent of gaining about 60 points due to the devaluation of it being next year. Them swapping thirds this year is another 38 points.

So, the Chiefs net draft value is -540, which means the Chiefs traded:

Dee Ford

#36 pick in the draft

For

Frank Clark + his extension.

And this is at a team when NFL teams are valuing DBs more than edge rushers precisely because the edge rushers are only on the field 60-65% of the time. Had they made this trade for Jalen Ramsey, it makes a hell of a lot more sense. In the modern league, smart teams are running out a shitload of decent-but-not-great pass rushers and letting other teams pay out the ass for them. Look at what the Patriots do with their rushers and look who they pay.

If you’re going to talk about Clark’s extension, you’d have to include Ford’s too, right?

There’s going to be a 2-4 million difference in AAV, I think, but Clark is a better and younger player.

I don’t think Dee Ford plus a 35-40 pick is an unacceptable price from a football perspective for Clark. He’s younger and better and healthier.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:10 PM 04-23-2019

"If Frank Clark were in this draft and you're going strictly on talent, Frank Clark would be right up there with Nick Bosa and Josh Allen in terms of the best in this class." - Charles Davis (@CFD22) on #TheDrive. #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/4L12ZS45qi

— 610 Sports Radio (@610SportsKC) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:11 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Man, the overreaction in this thread is incredible. I understand being wary of the price but at the very least you should acknowledge that Clark is a game wrecker, more so than Ford or Houston.

Seeing shit like “we basically traded Hill+ for Clark” makes me want to die

No one’s gonna give two shits about these picks when we bring home the Lamar Hunt trophy and hopefully the SB.
I completely agree with this. But your avatar as a hockey player makes me want to die. Can we go back to Honey Badger please? I'll go back to Alex Smith as The Joker if it helps.
[Reply]
tooge 03:11 PM 04-23-2019
Rest well, **** stick. It's easy to do when you don't even HAVE an opinion, right?
I have plenty of opinions you piece of shit. I think it's a fine trade. A known commodity and one of the premier players at his position for a 29th pick in the draft, and a second rounder next season. You are a negative spewing piece of shit. Hell, look at your user name. Sweet Daddy Hate. WTF? Get help man.
[Reply]
redshirt32 03:11 PM 04-23-2019
There's more UDF playing each year than first round picks.
The piano player is gone his replacment is here done deal.

If we draft OL in the 2nd this place will implode.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:11 PM 04-23-2019
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

How many SuperBowl MVPs have been given to the DE of the winning team?

Welcome to the new Kansas City Chiefs, same as the old Kansas City Chiefs.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 140
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Up