ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 139
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 AM 10-27-2022
Anybody think he sees a few snaps against the Titans?

I do.

I think they'll look to insert him right away, any way they can.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:48 AM 10-27-2022
rare!

[Reply]
staylor26 11:49 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
It's 100% a move for this season and future seasons. They're not doing this and just expecting him to just return punts this season
The Chiefs have been playing the long game going back to the offseason.

This move is another that fills the bill.

I wouldn't say that it has absolutely nothing to do with this season, but it's definitely a long term move for the most part.

Toney isn't even healthy right now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:49 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Because it's not a move for this season.

This is a move you make for the next 2-3 years. OBJ would've been a more for this season.

I guess you can say it means something for PR though.
I just think you're pulling the chute WAY too fast on this.

I don't see how you view OBJ as a move for this year when he's coming off a serious injury and likely won't practice until mid-November but Toney is a move for next year.

Yeah, Toney has been dinged, but he hasn't gone 9 months without participating in football activities. And it's not like he's a rookie - he played last year and demonstrated serious shit when he was in the field.

Moreover, as was kindly pointed out, I'm betting Kafka being his OC in NY, even for a brief period, would have him more versed on the Chiefs offense than OBJ would be.

He's also far more explosive than OBJ is at this point in his career.

I just see no reasonable basis for saying that OBJ is a win-now move while Toney is a move exclusively for the future. Toney is MORE ready to contribute to this offense than OBJ is, and by a fair amount, IMO.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:50 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Anybody think he sees a few snaps against the Titans?

I do.

I think they'll look to insert him right away, any way they can.
I wouldn't mind seeing him replace Moore at punt returner and he basically can already do as many plays as Hardman has been able to do his whole career here
[Reply]
carcosa 11:51 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
He’ll make us forget about Tyreek
Tyreek literally fucking sucks turds now
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:51 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Chiefs have been playing the long game going back to the offseason.

This move is another that fills the bill.

I wouldn't say that it has absolutely nothing to do with this season, but it's definitely a long term move for the most part.

Toney isn't even healthy right now.
I thought he was a healthy scratch the last couple of weeks?
[Reply]
New World Order 11:51 AM 10-27-2022
So this probably kills off any speculation of us trading a late pick for a pass rusher.

The offseason and this move clearly indicate we're preparing for the next 2-3 years.
[Reply]
wazu 11:51 AM 10-27-2022

Kadarius Toney walking into the Chiefs facility: pic.twitter.com/cJ0BO9bMCL

— Justin (@Justin_14P) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:52 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
So this probably kills off any speculation of us trading a late pick for a pass rusher.
What would make you think that?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:53 AM 10-27-2022
It's an open question...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:53 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
He's got a filthy jab step, but he's doing a bit too much. On most plays you'll get one of those before you're corralled. Just plant your foot and go. I don't want this dude in here Demarcus Robinsoning it up.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:54 AM 10-27-2022
Any word on who we cut to make room?
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:54 AM 10-27-2022
Nope.

Originally Posted by :
Toney has missed the Giants' past five games because of hamstring injuries. He told reporters last week that his return has been delayed because he believes he tried to come back from an injury to his right hamstring too soon and injured his left hamstring.

Toney originally injured his right hamstring during training camp. He tweaked that same hamstring in a Week 2 win over the Carolina Panthers. This latest hamstring injury to his left leg occurred during a practice on Oct. 5.

The Chiefs have a bye this week, giving Toney another week to recover.

[Reply]
staylor26 11:54 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I just think you're pulling the chute WAY too fast on this.

I don't see how you view OBJ as a move for this year when he's coming off a serious injury and likely won't practice until mid-November but Toney is a move for next year.

Yeah, Toney has been dinged, but he hasn't gone 9 months without participating in football activities. And it's not like he's a rookie - he played last year and demonstrated serious shit when he was in the field.

Moreover, as was kindly pointed out, I'm betting Kafka being his OC in NY, even for a brief period, would have him more versed on the Chiefs offense than OBJ would be.

He's also far more explosive than OBJ is at this point in his career.

I just see no reasonable basis for saying that OBJ is a win-now move while Toney is a move exclusively for the future. Toney is MORE ready to contribute to this offense than OBJ is, and by a fair amount, IMO.
OBJ is the kind of move that says we want to have another proven reliable weapon for the playoffs to go all-in for a championship.

This feels like the kind of move that says we want to get this guy in the building and give him a small role then hopefully he explodes in 2023/2024.

I like Toney, I'm just not expecting much from him this year. Hopefully I'm wrong.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 139
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Up