ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The good news after the Week 3 loss.
Rain Man 06:22 PM 09-25-2022
If you need to stop the run, just put Khalen Saunders in there. The Colts' league leader ran for 3.4 yards per carry today.

L'Jarius Sneed is a man playing in a league of less-good men. He's becoming my favorite defensive player. He blitzes, he sets the edge, and he can cover.

We got pressure on the passer this week and also turnovers, which has been a problem in the recent past.

Carlos Dunlap is emerging as our great free-agent pickup of the year. He's making me forget about Melvin Ingram.

The Chargers got absolutely destroyed today by a team that most people have never heard of. The Jaguars, I think?

The Raiders are the Raiders so they're irrelevant.

The Bills lost so we're still the best team in the NFL.

The broncos got destroyed in a completely embarrassing fashion.*

All in all, it was a tough week, but it's pretty much a wash since all of the other relevant teams lost. We'll survive and will move on to next week.

* - The game hasn't started, but seriously, are you going to doubt me on this?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:01 PM 09-25-2022
Don’t forget people we have a run defense now. Something thats been an issue for years.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:16 PM 09-25-2022
our run defense is going to be really, really good

if mahomes can just be a little more accurate, and our receivers can catch a little better, we're golden
[Reply]
TEX 09:37 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
our run defense is going to be really, really good

if mahomes can just be a little more accurate, and our receivers can catch a little better, we're golden
Both will happen if the OL, specifically the Tackles play better. Especially LT.
[Reply]
-King- 09:39 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Don’t forget people we have a run defense now. Something thats been an issue for years.
Or whole defense has been really good. A bunch of the completed passes we've allowed have been due to amazing throws/catches which you live with. Generally they aren't letting players just run open anymore.
[Reply]
TEX 09:39 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Looks like I picked a good day to work on my deck. I had to listen to the Hulu feed on my phone through a Blu Tooth speaker. From the little of the game I caught, it seems the Chiefs were not a good team today. Like the last time I was at the Colts game on SNF in Arrowhead. Maybe the Colts have our number. Although...that penalty on Jones seems like total horseshit.

Didn't JuJu have a big play but it was negated by a penalty?
Yes, JuJu had a big play, but it counted. The drive stalled and then the Chiefs missed an easy FG. From like extra point distance.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:41 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Our backup LB had 13 tackles filling in for Gay.
Dude was literally everywhere after the first gifted TD.
[Reply]
You See Us 09:43 PM 09-25-2022
Matt
Ryan
…….
[Reply]
TEX 09:46 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
That’s fair.

I think the disconnect is a matter of dissecting today’s performance vs thoughts on the long game. It should be okay to call out things that aren’t working within the game that just got played.

Hopefully everyone believes this squad will evolve week to week and be there at the end once again. I certainly do.
This year is different. The Chiefs don't have a playmaker on offense.
[Reply]
scho63 09:51 PM 09-25-2022
Rain Man must change his user name to Sunshine Man
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 09:59 PM 09-25-2022
You were wrong about one thing. The Broncos didn’t lose in a completely embarrassing fashion. They won in a completely embarrassing fashion.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:01 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
You were wrong about one thing. The Broncos didn’t lose in a completely embarrassing fashion. They won in a completely embarrassing fashion.
Yeah, I was slightly off.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:03 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
I wouldn't even call it a win. More like they tripped and fell on W, at the end of the game it was stuck up their ass.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:27 PM 09-25-2022
In the spirit of this post I won't mention offence, but agree on our defence. Didn't have an improved Danna, Gay or a R1 WR and aside from STs it's looked very good and a definite improvement on last year
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:13 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
This year is different. The Chiefs don't have a playmaker on offense.
There were games last year when we used our establish offense with Tyreek Hill and looked like this.

But this year at least you can argue very fairly the offense is still evolving with the new pieces.

We’re dealing with a sample size of 3 at the moment and one of the observations had our offense looking as good as it has in years.

Reid and Mahomes got things into the right place last season and I don’t know why they haven’t been given the benefit of the doubt to do the same this time. Tyreek Hill or not.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:23 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
There were games last year when we used our establish offense with Tyreek Hill and looked like this.

But this year at least you can argue very fairly the offense is still evolving with the new pieces.

We’re dealing with a sample size of 3 at the moment and one of the observations had our offense looking as good as it has in years.

Reid and Mahomes got things into the right place last season and I don’t know why they haven’t been given the benefit of the doubt to do the same this time. Tyreek Hill or not.
You're right that it's a continuation of the struggles we had in stretches last year. I'm not sure if there was an actual game where we played against a cover 7 team rushing 4 where we actually clicked and worked it out. Feels like the teams we whupped decided to stick with blitzing like idiots. But I could be misremembering.

The concern this year is the OT and the OL in general taking a step back on pass-pro and giving Pat even less time, and there being one less option for him to target. This WR room is just...not that good.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up