ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who was the anti-hero of the anti-win?
Chris "Shut your g*****n mouth" Jones 41 35.04%
Matt "We pay you to make those" Ammendola 22 18.80%
Skyy "We pay you to catch those" Moore 22 18.80%
Another player that I excoriate in a post below. 0 0%
It's a team loss so I won't call out individuals. 30 25.64%
Our boys did their best but the Colts were just the better team on this given Sunday. 2 1.71%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who was the anti-hero of the Week 3 anti-win against the Colts?
Rain Man 04:53 PM 09-25-2022
We have some obvious candidates. Poll coming as soon as I remove my fist from the drywall.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:48 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Remember that fake punt against the Raiders a couple of years ago? Townsend threw an excellent spiral on a rope. If he had just set his feet this time …
Yeah, I remember that. His career passer rating was one of the best in Chiefs history going into this season. I wonder why this one was so far off. I remember that one of the reasons that he won the punting battle back when Colquitt left was that they thought he had the talent to pull off fake punts.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 05:50 PM 09-25-2022
Chris Jones is a veteran. He’s been on this team a long time. He should know better. Shut your mouth and jog off the field. Why talk shit to Matt Ryan??
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:04 PM 09-25-2022
Easily the anti-hero is (1)Moore.

A very close second (let’s call him 1a) is Toub.

If Moore doesn’t touch a punt, the game is won. The second punt didn’t matter. The Colts tunrned it over on downs. Sack/fumble I recall.

So if the Chiefs simply don’t touch a punt in the first half they win.

That makes my head hurt.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:14 PM 09-25-2022
Jones and the kicker lead the pack, but everyone contributed.

Let's not forget future Hall of Famer Travis Kelce dropping a touchdown pass, and future Hall of Famer Patrick Mahomes overthrowing a wide the hell open MVS that would have been a sure touchdown.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:21 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I don't mind the fake FG call at all. I thought it was a great call considering that we were lining up a fake kicker. But how does Townsend launch that pass in a way that took down three Starlink satellites? That was a winning play if Townsend didn't launch the ball into orbit.
this AND even had he thrown it perfectly there was a penalty on the play (inelligible man down field)

the call was fine. execution was awful
[Reply]
The Refs 08:33 PM 09-25-2022
It was not smart breaking the rules so fragrantly with the game on the line, but blaming one guy doesn't seem fair. It's a team game. You guys will bounce back.
[Reply]
TEX 08:36 PM 09-25-2022
I voted for Jones, because of the timing. Yeah there were a lot of culprits, but despite all the stupid BS, the Chiefs were winning and had the game in hand, and it was game over if Jones did not get the BS personal foul for saying mean things on the field. Really NFL???
[Reply]
tyecopeland 08:49 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'll go with Amendola. When you miss an XP and a FG that is the same distance as an XP, and those 4 points would have won the game, you're the goat.

Jones fucked up, and he's a close second, but a kicker gets paid to make THOSE kicks.

Moore's fucked up but there was a whole game yet to be played... It could be overcome, and should have.
We don't go for two of he makes the first one. And since we got the 2, the xp miss didn't count as a lost point in the end. However, it almost assuredly factored into the decision to fake a fg. Which probably added to Amendola being in his own head on the missed fg.

Moral of my story is, he obviously didn't help us win but I'm not making him the anti-hero.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:12 PM 09-25-2022
Jones, and it ain't fucking close.

The NFL is about situational football.

3rd down, the defense holds a meeting over Matt Ryan's corpse. They're dead to rights in a sloppy game. We're about to get the football back and close the book on this shitshow. D has balled the fuck out all game long.

Then one of the highest paid players on this team decides that destroying the drive isn't enough. He needs to taunt, 3 inches from the face of the official to give the Colts a first down.

Moore is a dumb rookie making dumb rookie mistakes.

Amendola wasn't on a team for a reason.

Andy gonna Andy, but the guy can draw up some great plays. You gotta think that rent a kicker hits one if those fgs if we don't run the dumbass fake we couldn't even execute properly.

Chris Jones' dumbassery was simply unforgivable and 1000% avoidable and happened late in the game.

Just fucking get off the qb you just crushed, keep your fucking mouth shut and get off the fucking field. 0 IQ play by the highest paid player on defense.

Fuck Chris Jones.
[Reply]
MagicalFruit 09:16 PM 09-25-2022
Total team loss. Hard to explain that one. Hopefully all phases got that shit out of the way this week. Offense looked uninspired. ST was atrocious (thanks Moore and Amendola). Defense got F’d by Chris and the Refs (oh and by Gay being out).
[Reply]
EPodolak 09:23 PM 09-25-2022
One guy? I'll refer to the OL as Oscar and blame it on Oscar. What top QB has to work as hard as Pat to avoid a sack on a consistent basis...give him time to do his job and all these other blunders combined don't cause us to lose.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:29 PM 09-25-2022
The camera started to swing away a few seconds after the sack but you could see Jones get up into Ryan's face and start talking shit. I said "he's going to fuck around and get a taunting penalty" and about 2 seconds later Nance said there was a flag on the field. I freaking knew what it was before they even announced it. You just can't do that. Just an incredibly stupid thing to do. They were going to overcome all their mistakes and win - but immature man-child Jones blew it.

There's a difference between dropping a punt and missing a FG and doing something completely selfish and avoidable that costs your teammates a win.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 06:41 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
The camera started to swing away a few seconds after the sack but you could see Jones get up into Ryan's face and start talking shit. I said "he's going to **** around and get a taunting penalty" and about 2 seconds later Nance said there was a flag on the field. I freaking knew what it was before they even announced it. You just can't do that. Just an incredibly stupid thing to do. They were going to overcome all their mistakes and win - but immature man-child Jones blew it.

There's a difference between dropping a punt and missing a FG and doing something completely selfish and avoidable that costs your teammates a win.
This.

The only reason he's not a bigger dumbass and more reviled than Dee Ford at this point is that this happened in a week 3 game and not a playoff game.

We all know this won't happen in the playoffs though, so rest easy. Jones doesn't sack the qb in playoff games, so we should be virtually bulletproof when it comes to his unfathomable stupidity needing to lay on top of the qb for way too long, while running his God damn mouth.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:21 AM 09-26-2022
I find it interesting so many are voting Jones here. Not saying he's innocent but the "Special" teams unit gave up/left 11-14 points on the field. Toub or that soon to be serving you coffee at Denny's schmuck Ammendola and Skyy Moore deserve dick of the week over Jones.
[Reply]
2bikemike 07:26 AM 09-26-2022
I picked Team Loss because it was a comedy of errors that, wasn't the least bit funny as the culprit.

I'm still pissed!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up