View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 343
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:18 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
They're just so stuck at the end of the first. I like some of the rushers that will be there, but they may see it as a similar situation to LT last year.
Staying there gets us an edge rusher for 5 years on the rookie contract. That matters a lot more than 2-3 years ago.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 11:18 AM 03-29-2022
He is cheaper now than any other future option...

Yes.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:52 AM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by splatbass:
This happened early in the year not because of Brown but because of Mahomes. Brown was pushing rushers back and behind, as a LT is supposed to do, but Mahomes would move back in the pocket right into where Brown was pushing the rusher. Instead of moving back, then having to move outside Mahomes needed to move sideways from the beginning, or forward, which is what he did later in the year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This place is so ignorant when it comes to offensive line play it's maddening. No one can ever come up with a rebuttal to this point and just wanna say he is average and that Fisher is better than him, because Fisher allowed him to improvise. It's not true.

Patrick was terrible with his pocket presence early in the season and dating back to last year. It's because the interior sucked and he was running for his life. That's no longer the case and he seemed to have gotten rid of the happy feet.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:54 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I voted yes because hard to find an elite LT but he is't quite elite hoping he can be though. If we were more of a run team I'd say hell yeah but his foot work in pass blocking is atrocious and that's where we miss Eric Fisher. Eric Fisher wasn't as big but had great foot work that made him a better pass blocker. around the corner

It be nice not to have to worry about finding a LTotf.
Hoping he will be elite or he is an ascending LT is no reason to pay him him top 5 money. His feet and base are terrible in pass pro and its not good enough if all he can do is push the rusher around the edge
[Reply]
splatbass 03:55 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Hoping he will be elite or he is an ascending LT is no reason to pay him him top 5 money. His feet and base are terrible in pass pro and its not good enough if all he can do is push the rusher around the edge

Pushing the rusher back and around is exactly what a LT is supposed to do.

[Reply]
poolboy 03:57 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by splatbass:
Pushing the rusher back and around is exactly what a LT is supposed to do.

Well then his replacement should be easy to find.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:59 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
He is cheaper now than any other future option...

Yes.
That's not true...
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:01 PM 03-29-2022
KC should squat on Brown for another year...that's a lot of long-term dough for potential.

They can always tag him again in a worst case scenario...I'd hedge on this one.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:02 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
He's very good and he should be paid as such.

He's not the best in the NFL.

Hill was the best in the NFL.

I'm very curious to hear the argument for why a top 10 LT is worth no 1 money but the most dangerous WR in the NFL isn't worth no 1 money...
[Reply]
Rausch 04:03 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
KC should squat on Brown for another year...that's a lot of long-term dough for potential.

They can always tag him again in a worst case scenario...I'd hedge on this one.
I can't think of a situation where a player was tagged twice and signed long term with the same team...
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:09 PM 03-29-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I can't think of a situation where a player was tagged twice and signed long term with the same team...
Well..the scenario is better than having a $140 mil tied up in an average LT.

I'd wait and see how the season plays out...it may cost KC some extra contract money but it's better than getting suck in a Clark type of scenario.

Obviously, the Chiefs are thinking along these lines as they could have already signed him and saved some dough.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:11 PM 03-29-2022
Well..the scenario is better than having a $140 mil tied up in an average LT.

I wait to see how the season plays out...it may cost KC some extra contract money but it's better than getting suck in a Clark type of scenario.
I like Brown, I do. I think he's good and I want him here long term.

But if the choice is mine we have Hill and Brown walks. It's that simple. We draft a LT...
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:17 PM 03-29-2022
I like Brown, I do. I think he's good and I want him here long term.

But if the choice is mine we have Hill and Brown walks. It's that simple. We draft a LT...
But then there is the optics of having just traded a first for Brown...

I dont think the Chiefs were as dependent on Hill as many think...for every drive that he made a splash play on...they could have just as easily driven down the field and scored.

He was awesome to watch...but KC scored 0 points in the second half of the ACFCG. By the way people are carrying on...you would think that would have been impossible... having someone with his talent on your team.

I think the draft capital is going to play out big in the future...just right now, it hasn't happened...so all people have to gauge is the loss of Hill.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:29 PM 03-29-2022
He's very good and he should be paid as such.

He's not the best in the NFL.

Hill was the best in the NFL.

I'm very curious to hear the argument for why a top 10 LT is worth no 1 money but the most dangerous WR in the NFL isn't worth no 1 money...
This hits the nail on the head.

I have no problem with Brown, he is a pretty good LT. However, if they traded Hill with the intention of giving Brown this kind of contract, that's the issue for me. I just can't see how losing a generational WR is worth keeping a top 10 left tackle.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:34 PM 03-29-2022
But then there is the optics of having just traded a first for Brown...
The total compensation was not a first.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 343
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up