ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown is NOT an NFL left tackle
Mr. Wizard 08:45 PM 01-16-2022
He can’t handle the speed rush. Move him to the right side and draft a left tackle. Oh yea, cut Sorensen.

That is all.:-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:06 PM 01-18-2022
he sucked so bad Patrick Mahomes only got 5 touchdowns and 400 yards if he didn't suck so bad Patrick would have had 10 touchdowns 900 yards.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 09:06 PM 01-18-2022
I'm not having him play next year on the tag. Playing that game never works out well for the team. His price is only going to go up with the huge increase in the cap in 2023.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:13 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
he sucked so bad Patrick Mahomes only got 5 touchdowns and 400 yards if he didn't suck so bad Patrick would have had 10 touchdowns 900 yards.
He gave up a few sacks so stop pounding your chest for this facet of Orlando's play

Trey,Creed,Thuney were the studs make no mistake
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 09:27 PM 01-18-2022
I think his ceiling is higher than Fisher's. He's going to have to keep developing his technique and footwork. Maybe Mitch comes out of retirement next season and we sign him to a 2-3 year deal. He'd be a good mentor for Brown.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:33 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Random thoughts:

Offensive Line as a Whole is Good != (also <>) LT is Good
Team Scores Lots of Points is Good != LT is Good
Pro Bowl Nomination (aka NFL Popularity Contest) != Indicator of Elite Talent

Orlando = functional at LT.
Orlando = difficult to replace this offseason
Orlando != good or elite LT
Orlando != good systematic fit for Patrick

KC will franchise Orlando or sign him long-term.
My personal belief is that KC should not commit long-term this offseason.
I also think they should draft a developmental tackle in the 3rd or 4th round.

That should be all.
We are not talking about a guard here. Elite or at least above average LTs do not grow on trees. Say we don't sign him to a long term deal and he is franchised and balls out. Then what? He becomes even more expensive, especially if your 3rd or 4th round "developmental" LT doesn't develop like you hope.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:38 PM 01-18-2022
He isn't worth the highest paid and no team will give him that but he is young and there are very few that are dominant. All of them have an tough time with the best rushers in the league.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:49 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
He gave up a few sacks so stop pounding your chest for this facet of Orlando's play

Trey,Creed,Thuney were the studs make no mistake
I will pound my chest as he is 25 and can get better with growing and work on fundaments during the off-season but I'll really pound my chest we win the Super Bowl and I'll bring your remarks up and you will look stupid.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:07 PM 01-18-2022
I'm on the fence with Brown. Wasn't a fan of his performance on Sunday, but apparently he was injured so not going to write him off either.

However, this is a poor argument. By that same rationale Andrew Wylie was a pretty damn good right tackle since he also allowed Mahomes to throw 5 TD and 400 yards, correct?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:10 PM 01-18-2022
I will pound my chest as he is 25 and can get better with growing and work on fundaments during the off-season but I'll really pound my chest we win the Super Bowl and I'll bring your remarks up and you will look stupid.
I won't look stupid, because I want to be wrong. The ones who ignore there bad takes like they never happened are the true dumb motherfuckers
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:21 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I'm on the fence with Brown. Wasn't a fan of his performance on Sunday, but apparently he was injured so not going to write him off either.

However, this is a poor argument. By that same rationale Andrew Wylie was a pretty damn good right tackle since he also allowed Mahomes to throw 5 TD and 400 yards, correct?
Well I don't think Wylie is as bad as made out to be maybe a a average but has gotten better and if he is part of bringing home the Lombardi trophy art you going complain about him? Can't have every position elite just can't pay out for elite talent at every position it if they play hard and do a good enough job them the elite players take over and that's who you pay the big bucks too.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:23 PM 01-18-2022
kcchiefsus is still one dumb motherfucker
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:25 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I won't look stupid, because I want to be wrong. The ones who ignore there bad takes like they never happened are the true dumb motherfuckers
So you don't think that during the off-season that Orlando Brown can work on his pass protection fundamentals with good coaching ? You just think that he can't get better as a pass protector you done made up your mind. That's your take.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 10:26 PM 01-18-2022
He's played 2 seasons at LT. How good was Fisher after 2 seasons? I'm all for upgrading the position but who are you going to replace Brown with that's going to give the same production at the same or cheaper cost? Rolling the dice on a mid round pick or some old veteran to protect the face of the league doesn't sound smart unless you have a plan B.

I'd rather be in the position to overpay top LT money to an average/above average guy who still has room to grow and is young then overpay top QB money like the rest of the league does that doesn't have Mahomes or Rodgers.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:28 PM 01-18-2022
So you don't think that during the off-season that Orlando Brown can work on his pass protection fundamentals with good coaching ? You just think that he can't get better as a pass protector you done made up your mind. That's your take.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...=Orlando+Brown

He said himself that he lacks the athleticism and is a pure technician, thus he's not going to be much better than he is now.

It's paramount for the Chiefs to have an elite IOL like they do know because when Brown has a "block win" and washes out a speed rusher Patrick has to step up because said rusher will barely miss him
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 10:34 PM 01-18-2022
He not a nfl left tackle he's the starting left tackle for your Kansas City Chiefs.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up