ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown is NOT an NFL left tackle
Mr. Wizard 08:45 PM 01-16-2022
He can’t handle the speed rush. Move him to the right side and draft a left tackle. Oh yea, cut Sorensen.

That is all.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:38 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Maybe dropping 30 pounds would help him against the speed rushers.
It might help BUT either you have "quick twitch" muscles or you don't regardless of your weight. Excellent LTs have "quick twitch" muscles and Brown does not have "quick twitch" from what I can see:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:39 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Seems like we already had a mega thread on this, do we suck now?
our LT sucks enough to let our QB have the greatest playoff game ever, correct
[Reply]
tredadda 01:48 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Hes a good player but he's not worth the money. Especially for a QB who likes to move out of the pocket. Money would be better spent elsewhere. Id rather try to develop a more athletic LT.
Elite LTs are very much like elite QBs. They are typically drafted very high. Occasionally you will find diamonds in the rough later in the draft, but that not very common. Elite blue chip LTs are almost always gone when KC drafts. Unless you can get someone in the draft who is better you don't get rid of a solid young LT while hoping the draft and develop strategy works out.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:59 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Elite LTs are very much like elite QBs. They are typically drafted very high. Occasionally you will find diamonds in the rough later in the draft, but that not very common. Elite blue chip LTs are almost always gone when KC drafts. Unless you can get someone in the draft who is better you don't get rid of a solid young LT while hoping the draft and develop strategy works out.
Getting us a perfectly respectable long term LT for pick 31 was a good deal. The market for LT's is to overpay because of the scarcity of top caliber LT's. So he's not Williams. He didn't want to come here, they tried. Some on here need to let that shit go.
[Reply]
Oxford 02:10 PM 01-17-2022
Yep the speed rush seems to be an issue, BUT I would wager that the Chiefs have a plan in the off season. Brown wants to play the position, and now has an entire year in this offense to understand what HE needs to do. Does he get the long term contract HE wants? Longer term deal with opt-outs for KC and Orlando Brown? I'd say the later if the Chiefs have ANY doubt about his ability to adjust.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:35 PM 01-17-2022
This thread and the one about HB are proof that the KC Chiefs have some ignorant fans.
[Reply]
stevieray 02:38 PM 01-17-2022
He just plays one on TV!

:-)

Be better than this, Chief fans.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:12 PM 01-17-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Exactly.

I mean, sure I'd love Trent Williams. He's dominant.

But having a good solid capable LT is fine. It's black and white here. Elite or trash.

Shockingly, there's somewhere in between.
And will Orlando Brown be willing to get paid as a solid capable LT is probably the real question.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:01 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Thuney is much more athletic. When you have a QB who likes to free lance outside of the pocket you need athletic OL.

Watch the first drive of the 2nd half against the Bengals... Then tell me Thuney is more athletic when they lined up Hendrickson across from him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:05 PM 01-18-2022
Is this a joke?
[Reply]
kccrow 08:20 PM 01-18-2022
Random thoughts:

Offensive Line as a Whole is Good != (also <>) LT is Good
Team Scores Lots of Points is Good != LT is Good
Pro Bowl Nomination (aka NFL Popularity Contest) != Indicator of Elite Talent

Orlando = functional at LT.
Orlando = difficult to replace this offseason
Orlando != good or elite LT
Orlando != good systematic fit for Patrick

KC will franchise Orlando or sign him long-term.
My personal belief is that KC should not commit long-term this offseason.
I also think they should draft a developmental tackle in the 3rd or 4th round.

That should be all.
[Reply]
R Clark 08:23 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Is this a joke?
If it ain’t it should be just think back to last SB and tell me we don’t want brown
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:26 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
This thread and the one about HB are proof that the KC Chiefs have some ignorant fans.
Welcome to CP.
[Reply]
neech 09:01 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Did you use to have an Oh Brother Where Art Thou Avi?
That’s the same guy alright.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 09:04 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Problem is he’s going to ask for $20 million a year or more. Is he really worth that?
He's a 25 year old left tackle that really improved as the season went on and he got more comfortable in the system. He's priority #1 to lock up long term.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up