ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
In Memoriam>Hello! [RIP RandallFlagg]
Randallflagg 08:10 AM 11-04-2021
Hello folks here..

My name is Christopher and I am (was) RandallFlaggs son. I tried days ago to post a quick message about my Father but for some reason it wouldn't take?

My Father passed sometime between July 28th and August 30th of this year. He died attempting to help people who could not help themselves. I can't/won't go into much detail but needless to say, his family (my Mother, Sister and I) are devastated, however we know that he wouldn't have his service be any other way.

It was a private venture into another country and he was to provide logistic support for other men. Unfortunately, as they were achieving their goal of helping folks out, they faced an ambush and may Father and 2 others were killed. I have it on good authority though that he took several with him, though.

Mom talked about how much he loved engaging on this forum. She gave me his logon information and I thought I would post this quick note to inform all of his passing. Sorry, it has taken a while to commemorate Dad, but we were asked to "keep it under wraps" for a time.

Thanks to all of you who wrote to him on his time here.

Goodbye Chief!! You will be remembered forever. RIP Dad.

Christopher A

Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Hello again!

I came in this afternoon from taking care of the stock to find my Mother crying her eyes out, reading these responses. In her words, These are truly great people to post these wonderful responses. They have truly made her feel better (if that is possible).

One of my Dad's best friends, a retired Colonel, who was with them on their trip has contacted my Dad's publisher and asked to do a "final chapter" in his book. They are currently working that out. As soon as it becomes available I will let you all know.

Still, I can not thank you all enough from the bottom of my heart for the kind messages that you have all posted. My Father, although "elderly" was never one to shy away from what he considered to be his duty. Mom tried to talk him out of going, but she knew it was a waste of time so, as many times in the past, she kissed him goodbye and told him "See you when you get back". Unfortunately, this was his last ride. Knowing my Father however, he would have wanted it this way.

Now, his ranch is on my shoulders to take care of and I will. Every day when I see the sun coming up, his horse stomping around in the barn, coffee on the stove, I think of him fondly.

God bless you all. Thanks again for your kind responses.

Christopher

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:50 AM 11-10-2021
Christopher,

So sorry for you and your families loss. I am sure you couldn't be more proud of him or how he lived. He saw things as they were and did his best to help those he thought he could. Those are rare qualities these days. I will miss not seeing his posts anymore. May the heavens open up and welcome their warrior home and may god bless you and your family.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:35 PM 11-10-2021
I'm sorry about the loss. He sounds like a good guy and a badass.
[Reply]
booger 06:56 AM 11-13-2021
Sorry to hear about this. I enjoyed his opinions and thoughts on a variety of topics. He was the type of person this country and world needs more of. As all military families your mom and you sacrificed so much with his time serving. Thanks to both of you for that.

I’ve worked in machine shops with Vietnam and other vets and have been fortunate to be trained as a couple I would consider mentors. Great men. Great stories! If a person pays attention and opens their eyes and simply listens when those opportunities arise, to work with or however you get to know them, online in this case...you can gain so much. Their sacrifice, leadership, and unselfishness gives them instant credibility in my experience. I look back and really appreciate plenty of things about life I learned. Much of it not military related just life experience.

Without knowing him in real life I got the same kind of view of him. Just a great guy all around. That attitude, leadership ability, great role model and fathers, grand fathers...this country and world more people like him.

I’m sure you are as proud of him as he was of you. Be yourself and do the best you can. He sounds like a great father and husband. You and your mom are going to go through tough times just be there to lean on each other like family should always do. You and your mom can know the impact he had with a bunch of football nuts by just being himself! You and her need to remember that on the bad days to lift your spirits!

God Bless you both

RIP Randall
[Reply]
theoldcoach 05:54 AM 11-27-2021
I miss you, brother!
[Reply]
Lennie Briscoe 10:00 AM 04-25-2022
Did anyone ever get any information on the forthcoming book? Long time reader that would be interested in reading this book!
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:34 AM 07-12-2022
If anyone from Randall Flagg'[U]s family is still checking this site, please posts any updates on the book. Many of us would love to purchase and read.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up