ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
In Memoriam>RIP Gonzo
Bugeater 09:36 AM 06-05-2021
Passed away on Thursday. Apparently complications with colitis. Please keep his son, Hunter, in your thoughts.
[Reply]
teedubya 12:51 PM 06-11-2021
Are you serious?! Damn. RIP Bro.

The amount of people older than you never increases... live long, love hard, and prosper everyone.
[Reply]
Sofa King 06:32 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Lumpy:
Just wanted to hop on here and thank everyone who kept Jason’s (Gonzo’s) family and our son, Hunter, in your thoughts and prayers. We all said our goodbyes to him yesterday at his memorial. With our son having autism though, he doesn’t quite understand death and he doesn’t acknowledge his father is gone. I did, however, walk with him up to Jason’s ashes after the memorial and asked him to say “goodbye, I love you, dad” and I broke down in tears when he said it.

From what his mom told me, he was sick for some time and his doctor had diagnosed him with a thyroid problem and put him on meds. Sadly, that wasn’t the case and apparently he was slowly bleeding internally for some time. I was originally told by his dad that it was complications due to colitis and I assume that the bleeding was related. Regardless, Jason’s death was a devastating shock to all of us. The saddest part is that he was a few hours away at his parent’s lake house when this happened and I wasn’t notified so that Hunter could tell his dad goodbye.

With Jason’s death, it made me come to the realization that so many of us take our health for granted, as well as those that we love. If there’s something that I can suggest to all of you, it’s this... take care of yourselves and please get a second opinion if you still don’t feel well. Furthermore, please set aside your differences when it comes to people in your past. Especially if you have a child or children with them.

Again, I am very thankful to all of you who remembered Gonzo the way that he should be remembered on this board. Peace and hugs to all of you.
I don’t know quite what to say. I’m sorry for the loss. Thanks for stopping by.
[Reply]
Otter 05:17 AM 06-12-2021
Just wanted to hop on here and thank everyone who kept Jason’s (Gonzo’s) family and our son, Hunter, in your thoughts and prayers. We all said our goodbyes to him yesterday at his memorial. With our son having autism though, he doesn’t quite understand death and he doesn’t acknowledge his father is gone. I did, however, walk with him up to Jason’s ashes after the memorial and asked him to say “goodbye, I love you, dad” and I broke down in tears when he said it.

From what his mom told me, he was sick for some time and his doctor had diagnosed him with a thyroid problem and put him on meds. Sadly, that wasn’t the case and apparently he was slowly bleeding internally for some time. I was originally told by his dad that it was complications due to colitis and I assume that the bleeding was related. Regardless, Jason’s death was a devastating shock to all of us. The saddest part is that he was a few hours away at his parent’s lake house when this happened and I wasn’t notified so that Hunter could tell his dad goodbye.

With Jason’s death, it made me come to the realization that so many of us take our health for granted, as well as those that we love. If there’s something that I can suggest to all of you, it’s this... take care of yourselves and please get a second opinion if you still don’t feel well. Furthermore, please set aside your differences when it comes to people in your past. Especially if you have a child or children with them.

Again, I am very thankful to all of you who remembered Gonzo the way that he should be remembered on this board. Peace and hugs to all of you.
Thanks Lumpy. :-)
[Reply]
carlos3652 07:19 PM 06-12-2021
Damn. Way too young. RIP and condolences Lumpy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:08 PM 06-12-2021

Well said. You sure know how to hammer those heart strings.

Best to you and Hunter. I guess if I knew you split I forgot it.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:54 AM 06-14-2021

Best to you and yours. Gonzo was the goods.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:29 PM 06-15-2021
Wearing out on this stuff. Had some good conversations with Gonzo over the years. RIP.

If everyone else could just not die in the next 12-18 months I would appreciate it.
[Reply]
TimBone 06:29 PM 06-15-2021
RIP.

Jesus Christ, man. Every time I pop in here, someone has passed.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 07:36 PM 06-15-2021
sad, Rest easy ol buddy
[Reply]
Fritz88 02:06 AM 06-16-2021
Gonzo was one of the guys that made this place much more fun back in the day. Easygoing and funny as hell.

My condolences to his loved ones.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 11:57 PM 06-20-2021
This is so sad. I’m one of the OGs on this board going back to the KC Star days and Gonzo and I used to chat it up when he joined and have a lot of fun. He was so kind and genuine. God bless and prayers to all. Devastating.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up