ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 223
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?
BigRedChief 03:48 PM 07-03-2015
What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right. :-)

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached: 11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg (58.7 KB) 11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg (107.7 KB) 11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg (92.7 KB) 11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg (86.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Predarat 02:41 PM 05-15-2016
Grilled Rbeye last night, a bit disappointing in the cut but I got the best that was left, and currently making my crappy Gumbo trying to improve it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:20 PM 05-23-2016
Cheap ass chicken thighs from Costco. Experimenting with a new injection. Pineapple juice, soy sauce, rub and butter. Turned out well. Real juicy and tender meat.

Will try it this weekend on a whole pork loin.
Attached: image.jpg (81.3 KB) 
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:27 PM 05-23-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Is hillbilly bacon bologna?
no. to be honest, i never knew what it was. boneless. and smoked, then sliced thinly. it was a slab of meat that kind of resembled a large shank, maybe?
i still run into the old owner from time to time i'll do some homework.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:03 PM 05-23-2016
Smoking weed

Grilling steaks
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:35 PM 05-23-2016
Billay I thought the only thing you could grill was cheese!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:54 PM 06-14-2016
No pics. I picked up a brisket flat over the weekend (brisket is bloody expensive down here; I got it on sale for $5.89/pound). I keep experimenting with the new Pit Barrel Cooker, trying to find the right mix of charcoal and wood.

Under their instructions, you use charcoal and if you must, a small handful of chips. It keeps a constant temp on that, and they say if you monkey with it it'll burn hot.

Despite what the company says, it's doing great as I add more wood. This was probably the best thing I've cooked in it, and it's the first thing I've done that had a distinct "smoked" flavor vs. "grilled" flavor.

I did probably 30 percent apple wood chucks in this last go, and it's the best yet. The PBC cooks hotter by design, and it stayed right around 315 for 4-5 hours before I took the brisket out.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:09 PM 06-14-2016
I feel ya. Brisket is going for $9-12/lb here which goes completely against the soul of bbq. I broke down and found a place that would sell me just a point the other weekend so I could have some decent ends. Around here, we seem to have a combo of Eastern block butchers that have 100 different kinds of sausage but look at you funny if you ask for a brisket point and these hotshot boutique butcher/craft cocktail/small plate/DJ's on the rooftop at night y'all! places that make me want to start disgorging fools with my Victorinox.

Anyway, I lean spicy with my bbq but the wife says she wants sticky sweet ribs this weekend so that's I'm going drink a bunch of pineapple juice the night before I make these spicy ribs.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:08 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I feel ya. Brisket is going for $9-12/lb here which goes completely against the soul of bbq. I broke down and found a place that would sell me just a point the other weekend so I could have some decent ends. Around here, we seem to have a combo of Eastern block butchers that have 100 different kinds of sausage but look at you funny if you ask for a brisket point and these hotshot boutique butcher/craft cocktail/small plate/DJ's on the rooftop at night y'all! places that make me want to start disgorging fools with my Victorinox.

Anyway, I lean spicy with my bbq but the wife says she wants sticky sweet ribs this weekend so that's I'm going drink a bunch of pineapple juice the night before I make these spicy ribs.

It's impossible to find a point down here at all. The place I usually special order things from won't even order me a whole brisket because they won't be able to get rid of the others in the case.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:25 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
It's impossible to find a point down here at all. The place I usually special order things from won't even order me a whole brisket because they won't be able to get rid of the others in the case.
I had to call around, be put on hold (not complaining), to verify they had a point they'd sell. Next time I'm going to ask what they do with it because I see a ton of trimmed flats for sale up here (corned beef, pastrami, I get it), but rarely a whole brisket. Maybe it's my narrow minded Midwest mentality, but what else do you do with the point other than ends besides some low grade stews or something? This place practically asked me what I'd give for the point as opposed to the brisket price because he obviously never gets asked for it. Lol, he said he'd cut it to weight and I was like, no I'll take the whole thing.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:07 PM 06-14-2016
I had to call around, be put on hold (not complaining), to verify they had a point they'd sell. Next time I'm going to ask what they do with it because I see a ton of trimmed flats for sale up here (corned beef, pastrami, I get it), but rarely a whole brisket. Maybe it's my narrow minded Midwest mentality, but what else do you do with the point other than ends besides some low grade stews or something? This place practically asked me what I'd give for the point as opposed to the brisket price because he obviously never gets asked for it. Lol, he said he'd cut it to weight and I was like, no I'll take the whole thing.

I wish. Down here, they guy actually told me they won't order it because people down here don't know how to cook it.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:41 PM 06-14-2016

I c wut u did there :-).
[Reply]
lewdog 06:21 PM 06-14-2016

:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 07:24 PM 06-14-2016
I am guessing the ad I see for brisket sold in a bag for $2.99/lb is not the quality you are looking for?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:27 PM 06-14-2016
Grilling chicken breast now. Bourbon chicken seasoning, parsley , sage wrapped in foil.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:30 PM 06-14-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I am guessing the ad I see for brisket sold in a bag for $2.99/lb is not the quality you are looking for?

That's a butcher pack? Pretty much what you'd buy anywhere. And that price matches what I saw when I was in Missouri over Christmas.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 223
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up