ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 146
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:39 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Toney is going to break a bubble for a TD this game, isn't he?
Toney is the under the radar guy primed for a big game, I could easily see him finishing the game and people go wow dude had 7 catches for 115 yards and a td with 4 rushes for 38 yards.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:41 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
There's more stuff on his page..

One of the ones that stands out is when the Eagles go 5-1 Dallas was hitting them with empty looks. The Eagles don't align their fronts to match personnel like most coaches...

Dallas was getting really easy completions off the look repeatedly.
They'd better.

Because even if they get the best of Andy/PM for a quarter, if they stay in a bear front the whole damn game, those two WILL unlock it and by the 4th quarter they'll be marching up and down the field.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:42 AM 02-10-2023
Toney is the under the radar guy primed for a big game, I could easily see him finishing the game and people go wow dude had 7 catches for 115 yards and a td with 4 rushes for 38 yards.
Yup, he's the X factor in this one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:44 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They'd better.

Because even if they get the best of Andy/PM for a quarter, if they stay in a bear front the whole damn game, those two WILL unlock it and by the 4th quarter they'll be marching up and down the field.
Yep.

Everything I've read is that the Eagles run their defense the way they run it and they don't make a lot of situational adjustments.

That's going to be a huge problem for them because the only real way to slow Mahomes down is to mix up coverages and rush packages so that he can't settle in. If they don't switch it up, it's going to be a long day for their defense.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:44 AM 02-10-2023
God I hope he can stay healthy and just kill them the entire game.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:46 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by kepp:
I wonder how they start out. Do they go balls-to-the-wall pass rush at first, or sit back in a zone? I tend to think the former, but who knows.
Honestly I would think they try to blitz early and often. Even if Mahomes performs well against the blitz those hit take a toll and with his ankle situation the odds increase that he reaggravates it.

On the other side of it, if they feel confident emough to get home with 4 then they will have no reason to blitz.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:46 AM 02-10-2023

KC won't do the split back stuff as much (unless it's the Toney package maybe?) but I love testing PHI's 5-down (Penny here) fronts with RPOs. If that DE has to drop because of formation, test him with bubbles/swing, see how they handle it from base pic.twitter.com/b2gLxWcc4b

— Nate Christensen (@natech32) February 10, 2023

This split back play is pretty awesome, I'd steal that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:50 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Honestly I would think they try to blitz early and often. Even if Mahomes performs well against the blitz those hit take a toll and with his ankle situation the odds increase that he reaggravates it.

On the other side of it, if they feel confident emough to get home with 4 then they will have no reason to blitz.
I'd stay back early.

The only thing that can really slow down the Chiefs offense is poor execution, IMO. And if you start sending heat, you speed them up and may actually HELP them get locked in.

It's like a manager putting on a hit and run call when he has a hitter struggling. Now the hitter HAS to swing the bat and maybe he gets out of his own head and finds the barrel.

You blitz Mahomes early and you're going to immediately get him focused. And if that happens, you're boned.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:53 AM 02-10-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yup, he's the X factor in this one.
McKinnon. He’s so good in the open field field.

He needs to get the ball
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 AM 02-10-2023
I'd stay back early.

The only thing that can really slow down the Chiefs offense is poor execution, IMO. And if you start sending heat, you speed them up and may actually HELP them get locked in.

It's like a manager putting on a hit and run call when he has a hitter struggling. Now the hitter HAS to swing the bat and maybe he gets out of his own head and finds the barrel.

You blitz Mahomes early and you're going to immediately get him focused. And if that happens, you're boned.
Exactly. The only way to really stop the Chiefs offense is to hope they get a holding call or similar that stifles a drive.

We've seen it - the Chiefs are the best team in the league at those 10-12 play drives, despite not being a real running team. It's all about efficiency and the Eagles really have to play to that. If they blitz him, they risk giving up a big play and they just can't afford that the way they play offense.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:55 AM 02-10-2023

I'm sure PHI has built in more counters since but man their offense just devolves after getting looks of pressure. It's either Go-balls or screens

You can bait them by dropping everyone out, and DBs can play much more downhill because playcalls get simpler

Unleash the clip pic.twitter.com/x6FsE377iv

— Nate Christensen (@natech32) February 7, 2023

[Reply]
tredadda 11:55 AM 02-10-2023
"Oh sure, the 49ers had a good DL in 2019, but they didn't have 4 of them..."

Just ridiculous revisionist history. Ford - Armstead - Buckner - Bosa was evidently shite now.
Quick question and was hoping to get your opinion. That 49er Dline was better than this Eagle's one for sure. Now looking at our OLine, we have a better interior than we did in that game while our T's are not as good now as Fisher/Schwartz.

So who do you feel had the bigger advantage? The 49er DLine vs that KC OLine? Or Philly's Dline vs. this Oline for KC? I think that might be a better gauge then a straight head to head comparison of the two Dlines.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:56 AM 02-10-2023

The #1 thing Vance Joseph did; he blitzed the crap out of Hurts

Blitzing took offense completely out of rhythm. Passing game isn't well-built to counter lot of blitzing, since Hurts in MOF is just not a great option

Had to resort to a ton of screens, and ARI got a beat on those pic.twitter.com/Xlosp2edr2

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:56 AM 02-10-2023
Oh Noes!!! Not Zone Blitzes!!!!
[Reply]
Mecca 11:57 AM 02-10-2023

Terrific bait by Vance Joseph here. Motion ID's the man, but they still get rotation into C1, drop that WS safety down. Hurts sees but doesn't look off S in any way, he's able to drop post-snap into hole

If S wasn't there, good read, but no manipulation of S leads to near INT pic.twitter.com/cTWz0rBxi2

[Reply]
Page 117 of 146
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127 > Last »
Up