ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1139 of 2690
« First < 13963910391089112911351136113711381139 114011411142114311491189123916392139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
O.city 11:15 AM 10-04-2018
That goes to show how Carter forms his opinions.

He was all big dic talk about how he's a hall of famer, "I've seen this before, I've seen that before, we're in the business man we know how this goes"

Then along comes Polian saying different things and he's right on that bandwagon. Get the fuck out of here with that CC. You don't know how shit goes. You know how to form an opinion when someone else tells you what it is. Good appeal to authority there.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:17 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
That goes to show how Carter forms his opinions.

He was all big dic talk about how he's a hall of famer, "I've seen this before, I've seen that before, we're in the business man we know how this goes"

Then along comes Polian saying different things and he's right on that bandwagon. Get the **** out of here with that CC. You don't know how shit goes. You know how to form an opinion when someone else tells you what it is. Good appeal to authority there.
Chris Carter is one of the worst, he is the biggest ME, ME, ME you can listen to.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:27 AM 10-04-2018
His eyebrows are up for HOF induction in 2020.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:32 AM 10-04-2018
Bill Polian is a revisionist idiot. He didn't recognize any of that talent before the draft. He said Chad Kelly was the most talented qb in that draft and wasn't sold on any of the qbs in that draft.

Somehow he is known for being some great talent evaluator because Peyton fucking Manning fell in his lap. Now he makes claims about how he had Tom Brady and Russel Wilson graded as first round picks. After the fact.

Now after seeing the best performance from a qb in league history through the first four weeks, he states the fucking obvious.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:34 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Bill Polian is a revisionist idiot. He didn't recognize any of that talent before the draft. He said Chad Kelly was the most talented qb in that draft and wasn't sold on any of the qbs in that draft.

Somehow he is known for being some great talent evaluator because Peyton fucking Manning fell in his lap. Now he makes claims about how he had Tom Brady and Russel Wilson graded as first round picks. After the fact.

Now after seeing the best performance from a qb in league history through the first four weeks, he states the fucking obvious.
Polian was an outstanding talent evaluator at 1 time he built 2 Superbowl teams that were good for a decade.

He's just really old and senile now the issue there is just that. I don't think that should take away from how good he was at his job back in the day.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:37 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:

Somehow he is known for being some great talent evaluator because Peyton ****ing Manning fell in his lap. Now he makes claims about how he had Tom Brady and Russel Wilson graded as first round picks. After the fact.

Now after seeing the best performance from a qb in league history through the first four weeks, he states the ****ing obvious.
Chad Kelly does have a ton of talent. Look for the ESPN Sports Science video on him. He’s pretty much Mahomes plus a ton of baggage off the field.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:40 AM 10-04-2018
Bill Poilan Would Take AJ McCarron over 2017 Draft Prospects

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/2/...rospects-49ers
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:40 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
Nicknames are more of a basketball thing. Matty Ice is the closest thing to a QB nickname that has stuck in recent years.

That's just a shortened version of his regular name. It hardly counts.
Ironic nickname considering his inability to close out football games including the SuperBowl.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:41 AM 10-04-2018
question, does anyone remember seeing a pic on the planet of Mahomes with a red filter on it?

love that pic
[Reply]
Dayze 11:47 AM 10-04-2018
i think "Matty Ice" is one of the most awful nicknames ever created.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:48 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Matty Iced is typically more appropriate when looking at his performance in clutch situations (fairly or unfairly).
[Reply]
staylor26 11:49 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Chad Kelly does have a ton of talent. Look for the ESPN Sports Science video on him. He’s pretty much Mahomes plus a ton of baggage off the field.
Kelly’s issues aren’t just off the field.

He struggled in big games and/or when defenses adjusted after halftime. He also had way more success throwing down the field to his right than his left (I can’t remember the stats, but it was bad). I don’t think he’s anywhere near as smart as Pat.

So no, I don’t think he’s as talented as Mahomes.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:49 AM 10-04-2018
It has to be up there among the most cringe inducing nicknames ever.
[Reply]
rico 11:49 AM 10-04-2018
Matty Melt for our Matt was perfect, though. :-)
[Reply]
DRM08 11:52 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Kelly’s issues aren’t just off the field.

He struggled in big games and/or when defenses adjusted after halftime. He also had way more success throwing to his right than his left. I don’t think he’s anywhere near as smart as Pat.

So no, I don’t think he’s as talented as Mahomes.
He beat Saban twice. That was pretty impressive. I don’t pay much attention to Ole Miss, so I guess I missed the other big games where he struggled. I’m biased of course but I would put Mahomes’ talent against anyone who has ever played QB. He made some losing seasons fun to watch at Tech. That’s hard to do.
[Reply]
Page 1139 of 2690
« First < 13963910391089112911351136113711381139 114011411142114311491189123916392139 > Last »
Up