ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1040 of 2690
« First < 40540940990103010361037103810391040 104110421043104410501090114015402040 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:27 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He said today he already has an interview lined up with Mahomes on Saturday.
Schrager might faint.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:28 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He probably will, but you never know just how desperate another team will be to replicate what we've done at the end of the year. Teams regularly hire Belicheck disciples in a vain attempt to replicate the success even though it has never worked. At least with the Reid tree you can see there's been some success.
80% of the NFL wants some Reid ju-ju. Last two scored. Why not the next guy?
[Reply]
Dayze 12:29 PM 09-20-2018
I hope they show Schrager's face while he's doing the interivew. I would imagine it would be like

[Reply]
Simply Red 12:53 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I doubt it.

This is the first 4-man front we've faced and those are different animals. I wouldn't expect that Andy will want to put that much strain on either the OL or on Mahomes having spent the last 2 weeks gameplanning for a 3-4.

If we'd have played a bunch of 4-3 squads, I'd say all bets are off. But this early in the season while the OL is still gelling and the QB still learning, going empty against a completely different front is a recipe for confusion. With as poor as we (still) are against stunts/twists, the blown up formations seem a little too aggressive.

I'd bet the gameplan is similar to the SD gameplan in that it just allow for a little more help in the event of a protection mixup.
Oh okay - fair enough.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:21 PM 09-20-2018
If you listen to Mahomes in his media interview from yesterday he says they have an answer for every defensive formation.

4 more TDs Sunday for him.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 01:27 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
If you listen to Mahomes in his media interview from yesterday he says they have an answer for every defensive formation.

7 more TDs Sunday for him.
fyp
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 01:29 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Schrager might faint.
I think he's going to have a hard time getting the questions out. I honestly can't remember any analyst being so giddy about a player in my life. It's crazy how high on Mahomes he is (and has been).
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:30 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

This has to be the best so far. The content of Reid’s feature is just hilarious.
[Reply]
prhom 01:34 PM 09-20-2018

I believe him too. By all accounts, his success is due to recognizing what the defense is doing, making adjustments to get the right protections, and then using his natural talent to make the defense pay for their choices.

We’ve seen him make a wide variety of throws to punish teams too. It’s not just slants, or seam routes or deep jump balls. He’s got a lot of options to use.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:49 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by prhom:
I believe him too. By all accounts, his success is due to recognizing what the defense is doing, making adjustments to get the right protections, and then using his natural talent to make the defense pay for their choices.

We’ve seen him make a wide variety of throws to punish teams too. It’s not just slants, or seam routes or deep jump balls. He’s got a lot of options to use.
It also has a lot to do with his trust of Morse as well. Morse makes the line calls that appear to be in sync with what Mahomes wants to do.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 02:16 PM 09-20-2018

Cover 1 - Hill rapes

Cover 2 - Kelce eats

Cover 3 - Sammy or anyone else can beat you underneath

Cover 4 - run Hunt

Blitz - LOL
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 02:56 PM 09-20-2018
NFLN is about to do a segment about Mahomes on TNF First Look. FYI
[Reply]
jaa1025 03:14 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Still remember Chief Fan worrying about our new OC. They couldn't articulate why they were worried, but they were for sure worried about Bienemy.

It was insane.
It was a legitimate concern. How many RB coaches succeed as OC's in the NFL when their only other coaching experience was as an OC at a bad offensive school? So far, i'm very happy obviously. How much is him and how much is Andy?
[Reply]
eDave 03:18 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Oh okay - fair enough.
The man throws down great posts. Every time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:40 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Still remember Chief Fan worrying about our new OC. They couldn't articulate why they were worried, but they were for sure worried about Bienemy.

It was insane.
I'll articulate exactly why.

Bienemy is a RB. Was a RB coach. Comes from a running background.

We have a brand new stud QB and an aerial HC playing in a pass-happy league. My concern was simply that I wasn't sure that Bienemy had ever shown the development in the passing game that would allow him to mesh well with Reid.

It wasn't that he couldn't eventually learn it - just that he hadn't shown it. I was never convinced he would fail; in fact I thought he might be a bit of a Ying to Andy's Yang whenever Reid got too pass-happy. But I had apprehension that we'd see an immediate vanilla turn while he got more familiar with the sort of spread/WCO concepts that came so naturally to Pederson and Nagy because they were former QBs who'd spent a fair amount of time working on the air attack with Reid.

It's far from insane. Blind faith that he'd hit the ground running would've been more foolhardy to me.

But to this point it's looked like an excellent marriage to be sure.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09-20-2018, 04:43 PM
This message has been deleted by Tribal Warfare.
Page 1040 of 2690
« First < 40540940990103010361037103810391040 104110421043104410501090114015402040 > Last »
Up