ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1038 of 2690
« First < 38538938988102810341035103610371038 103910401041104210481088113815382038 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Sannyasi 09:00 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I bet they do a lot of that empty backfield again - who knows though?
I suspect we might see something completely different. Andy drew up a lot of play action against the Chargers, with a lot of sweeps and misdirects involving Hill. We didn't see any of those kinds of plays against the Steelers, it looked like a completely different offense with a ton of 5 receiver sets. So my bold prediction for this Sunday is that I don't know what the **** we are going to see against the 49ers. I think Reid is just a kid in a sandbox right now, and he's still having fun playing with his new toys, trying different things, seeing what works and what doesn't.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:10 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I bet they do a lot of that empty backfield again - who knows though?
I doubt it.

This is the first 4-man front we've faced and those are different animals. I wouldn't expect that Andy will want to put that much strain on either the OL or on Mahomes having spent the last 2 weeks gameplanning for a 3-4.

If we'd have played a bunch of 4-3 squads, I'd say all bets are off. But this early in the season while the OL is still gelling and the QB still learning, going empty against a completely different front is a recipe for confusion. With as poor as we (still) are against stunts/twists, the blown up formations seem a little too aggressive.

I'd bet the gameplan is similar to the SD gameplan in that it just allow for a little more help in the event of a protection mixup.
[Reply]
O.city 09:26 AM 09-20-2018

The Chiefs technically don't have a new offense, but they have a new offensive coordinator -- and the receivers love it https://t.co/C0irKkLl7Y

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) September 20, 2018

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:38 AM 09-20-2018

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:40 AM 09-20-2018
Anytime someone says "that's right, I said it" I just want them to literally die. Right there. Immediately. That's right, I said it.

Yes, we heard you say it. You're patting yourself on the back for a pre-emptive hot take. Fuck off and die.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:43 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Anytime someone says "that's right, I said it" I just want them to literally die. Right there. Immediately. That's right, I said it.

Yes, we heard you say it. You're patting yourself on the back for a pre-emptive hot take. Fuck off and die.
IRL, people want that response just to fuck with you because they know it pisses you off.

Like a big brother picking on his little brother.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 09:53 AM 09-20-2018
Mahomes is tie-4th in deep attempts and 1st in completion %. Alex Smith is 31st and doesn't have enough completions to register in the % ranks. :-)
[Reply]
Shag 09:58 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Such a blowhard. And what does Favre's retirement indecision have to do with his ability to play or evaluate QBs?

Can't stand this guy. I YELL MY CONTROVERSIAL OPINIONS! YEAH, I SAID IT.
[Reply]
O.city 10:00 AM 09-20-2018

These teams prefer to throw it short and get Yards After the Catch!#OnePride #Colts #HTTR #RavensFlock #FightForEachOther #RaiderNation #ChiefsKingdom #Jets #GoBucs pic.twitter.com/BFeJ9TzyTx

— NFL Matchup on ESPN (@NFLMatchup) September 20, 2018

[Reply]
BandwagonChiefsFan 10:09 AM 09-20-2018
Bill Simmons, Kevin Clark, and Robert Mays discuss who the best QB will be in 2021 (Kevin Clark picks Carson Weintz, other two pick Mahomes)

overcast.fm/+OV_y3D-1Q/20:53 <== url link, paste it into browser
[Reply]
FAX 10:10 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I doubt it.

This is the first 4-man front we've faced and those are different animals. I wouldn't expect that Andy will want to put that much strain on either the OL or on Mahomes having spent the last 2 weeks gameplanning for a 3-4.

If we'd have played a bunch of 4-3 squads, I'd say all bets are off. But this early in the season while the OL is still gelling and the QB still learning, going empty against a completely different front is a recipe for confusion. With as poor as we (still) are against stunts/twists, the blown up formations seem a little too aggressive.

I'd bet the gameplan is similar to the SD gameplan in that it just allow for a little more help in the event of a protection mixup.
Wally has plays where he breaks the huddle into a basic 11 pro set but then he motions three (3) guys into a spread look. At that point, the defense has about 2 seconds or less to figure out who to cover and how. It's an impossible task for a 4-3. Linebackers are going to be eating grass, Mr. DJ's left nut.

If you bring 5, you're toast. If you bring 6, you're burned. If you bring 4, we run the all-go with an outlet, you check it down or hit the slant and count your money.

To me, the key is that Mahomes is getting the ball out quick. It seems like everything is deep because it only takes a fraction of a second for the ball to travel 20 yards. Plus, there's YAC for days. That's what I like to call The Velocity Effect.

I'm with you on the motion, though. I don't think you have to max-protect or anything. It is interesting that Wally hasn't used many 2 TE sets yet, however. But since everybody is hot on almost every play, the 2 TE grouping is basically the same concept with more intermediate options.

FAX
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:19 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:

Still remember Chief Fan worrying about our new OC. They couldn't articulate why they were worried, but they were for sure worried about Bienemy.

It was insane.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:31 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Still remember Chief Fan worrying about our new OC. They couldn't articulate why they were worried, but they were for sure worried about Bienemy.

It was insane.
Bieniemy might be gone for a HC job after this year. That's hilarious.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:32 AM 09-20-2018
"There is a great disturbance in the Force. We have a new enemy."

[Reply]
Halfcan 10:37 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Shag:
Such a blowhard. And what does Favre's retirement indecision have to do with his ability to play or evaluate QBs?

Can't stand this guy. I YELL MY CONTROVERSIAL OPINIONS! YEAH, I SAID IT.
He compared Mahomes to Jamarcus Russel. :-):-)

What an idiot, they are not even close. Like comparing a Lamborghini to a horse and buggy. Yeah, they both carry passengers- so they are the same!!!
[Reply]
Page 1038 of 2690
« First < 38538938988102810341035103610371038 103910401041104210481088113815382038 > Last »
Up