ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1036 of 2690
« First < 36536936986102610321033103410351036 103710381039104010461086113615362036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:26 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
AS11 could have been an ass when Mahomes was drafted (ala Rapetheburger) and he didn't go there. That's according to Reid, Nagy, Kafka, Mahomes himself, Mahomes' dog, every player who's commented on the subject, and every reporter that's close to the team ... they've all said the same thing. (Except the dog, he said it a little different.) They have repeatedly confirmed that AS11 was generous with his time and knowledge and held nothing back. Whatever shortcomings Alex has, he's a pro's pro and he demonstrated that quality when it came to Mahomes.

Mahomes has specifically said that he learned how to prepare, how to analyze film, how to read NFL defenses ... all of that and more from watching and talking with Alex. You want to take that away, too?

It's simply unfortunate that people want to deny AS11 the courtesy of recognizing a good deed that pays off for them. Sad, in fact.

FAX
Yeah...I've never understood the Smith haters...which became borderline psychotic.

If you understand the hermetic principle of cause and effect...Smith being KCs best option @ QB for 4 years allowed them to wait and get the exact QB they were looking for. That patience looks to be paying off in landing a generational QB...Chiefs could very well rule the AFC in a few years.

Smith is a class act...in a conference with Luck/Ben/Brady/Manning (HGH)....he just wasn't good enough. Nothing but respect for him...
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:28 PM 09-19-2018
AS11 could have been an ass when Mahomes was drafted (ala Rapetheburger) and he didn't go there. That's according to Reid, Nagy, Kafka, Mahomes himself, Mahomes' dog, every player who's commented on the subject, and every reporter that's close to the team ... they've all said the same thing. (Except the dog, he said it a little different.) They have repeatedly confirmed that AS11 was generous with his time and knowledge and held nothing back. Whatever shortcomings Alex has, he's a pro's pro and he demonstrated that quality when it came to Mahomes.

Mahomes has specifically said that he learned how to prepare, how to analyze film, how to read NFL defenses ... all of that and more from watching and talking with Alex. You want to take that away, too?

It's simply unfortunate that people want to deny AS11 the courtesy of recognizing a good deed that pays off for them. Sad, in fact.

FAX
The fact that i have heard everything in your post before, repeatedly, was more my gripe. It's great that he did that. Seriously. But how many times do we gotta hear it?
[Reply]
Pants 11:33 PM 09-19-2018

FAX
I have seen Andy Reid's "A castle would not be enough to repay Alex" press conference. I have read the reports. With all due respect, I simply contend that Pat Mahomes' success should not be attributed to Alex Smith. It is somewhat annoying to me to hear this narrative from the national media. Is Alex a pro's pro? Sure. Is he a nice guy? Very much so. Nobody is denying him any of that.

I just find it a little hard to believe that Mahomes couldn't learn how to read NFL defenses from his QB coach. If not, then maybe he could learn from the QB whisperer himself, Andy Reid. It seems to me like that would be a probable outcome whether Alex was there or not.

In my humble opinion, Pat Mahomes is destroying opposing defenses because he is an elite passer, an elite thrower, and an elite decision maker. He thrives under pressure and will do anything to win. All of those things are innate and are completely independent of Alex's tutelage.

I like Alex as a person. I am happy he has accumulated generational wealth for his family. I am happy he's charitable and is making a real difference.

I wish him all the best.

In Washington, D.C.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:38 PM 09-19-2018
The hype surrounding Wishkins was unlike anything I've ever seen.

What I did see were the absolute garbage-time prayers he repeatedly threw up against our despicable secondary which padded his early stats.

Dik benefited from an incredibly talented o-line and a run game that was scary good. The talking noggins decided he was the second coming based on box scores.

I honestly don't believe these talking nogs watch the games. I don't believe they do.

FAX

Watson was a “winner” and “leader” because he won in college. Mahomes couldn’t win anything in college therefore doesn’t possess those qualities. When Mahomes’ teams failed its because of him not leading his teams to bowl games. His successes now though are not his, but a product of Reid and the talent around him. That narrative is annoying as well but people like Bayless completely seem to believe it and ignore their eyes. No one wants to admit that they may have missed who the best QB was.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:44 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
This board is like a giddy schoolgirl. I think i just peed a little.
we're all mahomos
[Reply]
FAX 12:15 AM 09-20-2018
Yeah, I am sure Alex was a great mentor and everything, but can we hear about it a little more? And can we give the kid a little credit? He busted his ass getting here. And it is obvious to anyone that he is doing plenty of stuff Alex didn't teach him.
How, my friend, does that "take anything away" from Mahomes? No offense, Mr. Beef Supreme, but that's just silly.

You don't have to denigrate one person in order to elevate another. You really don't.

Sure, The Human Trebuchet had to absorb everything to which he was exposed in order to progress so quickly. Nobody's saying he didn't. He obviously did.

But you don't grow a strong oak with no acorn. For, as every child learns at a young age, when you plant the acorn and the nasty, bitch squirrel steals and consumes your acorn, the tree grows out his ass. Then, the nasty squirrel runs around with a tree sticking out his ass while the other squirrels scoff at his tree ass until the nasty, thieving squirrel dies of total shame. I mean, get real.

FAX
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:16 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wentz is the real deal. He was basically last years Mahomes. The guy is also playing under virtually the same system with Pederson.

I really do think that Rodgers, Mahomes and Wentz will be the premier QB’s of this league when Brady and Brees retire in a year or two.
You dont see Mayfield panning out...? I think Cleveland is about to rule the AFC North in about 2 years. I think Dorsey fires Hue...I also think they would be currently 2-0 if they didn't have Tyrod.

I think Ben is gone after this year...Flacco/Dalton are what they are.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:25 AM 09-20-2018
How, my friend, does that "take anything away" from Mahomes? No offense, Mr. Beef Supreme, but that's just silly.

You don't have to denigrate one person in order to elevate another. You really don't.

Sure, The Human Trebuchet had to absorb everything to which he was exposed in order to progress so quickly. Nobody's saying he didn't. He obviously did.

But you don't grow a strong oak with no acorn. For, as every child learns at a young age, when you plant the acorn and the nasty, bitch squirrel steals and consumes your acorn, the tree grows out his ass. Then, the nasty squirrel runs around with a tree sticking out his ass while the other squirrels scoff at his tree ass until the nasty, thieving squirrel dies of total shame. I mean, get real.

FAX
i think i have already said I am just tired of hearing it. How many times does it need to be said? I get it. Mahomes needs to buy Alex a castle and then maybe everyone will shut up about it.

Did you really just make an acorn analogy?
[Reply]
FAX 12:27 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Watson was a “winner” and “leader” because he won in college. Mahomes couldn’t win anything in college therefore doesn’t possess those qualities. When Mahomes’ teams failed its because of him not leading his teams to bowl games. His successes now though are not his, but a product of Reid and the talent around him. That narrative is annoying as well but people like Bayless completely seem to believe it and ignore their eyes. No one wants to admit that they may have missed who the best QB was.
Watching his Tech games is amazing, really.

If you think our defense is bad, theirs appeared to be far worse.

Actually, I think that's one of the reasons I have absolutely no doubt that Mahomes will be successful. He really doesn't seem to give a damn about how much he has to score in order to win. In fact, he's accustomed to overcoming poor defensive play ... always having to respond to a score ... always having to overcome poor field position ... always having to fight uphill ... the whole megillah. He didn't care about it at Tech and he doesn't seem to care about it now ... and it showed last Sunday.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 12:36 AM 09-20-2018
i think i have already said I am just tired of hearing it. How many times does it need to be said? I get it. Mahomes needs to buy Alex a castle and then maybe everyone will shut up about it.
Cleave ye not unto fecklessness, Mr. Beef Supreme. For we who love civil discourse are always to maintain a low tolerance for feck, frankly.

So you know, this post of yours fairly reeks of a somewhat bitchy little personage. And the post which you dislike so extremely was actually posted before I read your comment from before. (We're not necessarily operating in real time here, you see.) Hopefully, you can brain wrap that part.

Now, before I go ...

Did I mention that AS11 mentored Mahomes and that was a good thing?

FAX
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:44 AM 09-20-2018
Cleave ye not unto fecklessness, Mr. Beef Supreme. For we who love civil discourse are always to maintain a low tolerance for feck, frankly.

So you know, this post of yours fairly reeks of a somewhat bitchy little personage. And the post which you dislike so extremely was actually posted before I read your comment from before. (We're not necessarily operating in real time here, you see.) Hopefully, you can brain wrap that part.

Now, before I go ...

Did I mention that AS11 mentored Mahomes and that was a good thing?

FAX
Verily, i beseech amnesty for my transgression. I'm not even going to google fecklessness. :-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:48 AM 09-20-2018

Looks like he's flipped on Mahomes, have fun on that broken Jimmy G bandwagon.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:20 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:

Looks like he's flipped on Mahomes, have fun on that broken Jimmy G bandwagon.
OMG..who is dude? He must of said "Jimmy G" at least 100 times...reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where 'Jimmy" talked in the third person.

I have some advice for him...and it's VERY important. DO NOT stare directly into Garoppolo's eyes...his dreamy, luscious, hot sex, movie star, George Clooney eyes....They will Medusa your ass...and you will be left endlessly repeating his name like a zombie and making stupid-ass predictions.

His whole rationale for picking 'Jimmy G" was he needed it more to satisfy the off-season hype....while simultaneously saying he's looked like shit so far. :-) Guess what Timmy, the self-proclaimed "internet prophet"...this happens when teams have had all off-season to pick your dreamboat's game apart.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:03 AM 09-20-2018

[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:09 AM 09-20-2018

Actually, I think that's one of the reasons I have absolutely no doubt that Mahomes will be successful. He really doesn't seem to give a damn about how much he has to score in order to win. In fact, he's accustomed to overcoming poor defensive play ... always having to respond to a score ... always having to overcome poor field position ... always having to fight uphill ... the whole megillah. He didn't care about it at Tech and he doesn't seem to care about it now ... and it showed last Sunday.

FAX
This is what makes me so excited. The guy has played with a lead for 97% of his time on the field thus far and the other 3% they were tied. And yet he's always looking downfield, always looking to attack. Can you imagine if we go down 2 scores? Even our porous defense can't easily put games out of reach.

He is going to lead some epic comebacks in his career. Alex Smith against SD in the home opener from 2016? Mahomes will probably have 1-2 games per year like that.
[Reply]
Page 1036 of 2690
« First < 36536936986102610321033103410351036 103710381039104010461086113615362036 > Last »
Up