ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1035 of 2690
« First < 35535935985102510311032103310341035 103610371038103910451085113515352035 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RunKC 10:24 PM 09-19-2018
I can see why everybody isn’t quick to anoint Pat. Tons of good QB’s started hot and came back to Earth over time.

RGIII, Watson, Dak and Carr were all proclaimed franchise QB’s after a small sample size and then crashed hard.

Mahomes isn’t going to crash with his talent, Andy Reid’s playcalling and the surrounding talent, but I get why they are bullish.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:26 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
The bottom line on Mahomes is this; you don't get this good, this fast unless you have an extraordinarily competitive spirit ... and are willing to forego immediate pleasure for future success. In other words, he's willing to work.

FAX
"We've seen QB's have hot starts before"

"He has a lot of talent around him"

They say this as if it's routine for QB's to start out this way and turn into Trent Dilfer.

Veteran surefire HALL OF FAMERS on loaded rosters never started this hot. That's something to, you know, consider.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:30 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I can see why everybody isn’t quick to anoint Pat. Tons of good QB’s started hot and came back to Earth over time.

RGIII, Watson, Dak and Carr were all proclaimed franchise QB’s after a small sample size and then crashed hard.

Mahomes isn’t going to crash with his talent, Andy Reid’s playcalling and the surrounding talent, but I get why they are bullish.
Me too.

In Watson's case they looked at stats. With Dak they looked at stats. With RGIII, they looked at stats.

Watch the ****ing games. You could see the holes in all of their game. Dak wasn't aggressive. Watson is careless and tends to run a pretty basic pick and stick style offense. RGIII was running read option AND pick and stick offense with hardly any burden to read the defense.

Again, if anyone can tell me the glaring holes in his game in spite of his statistical success, I'm all ears. Dude has played like a veteran. It's like everything is happening in slow motion around him.

Carr was a bit more of legit fool's gold, but you could see his weaknesses against certain pressure packages when they played KC. We haven't seen Mahomes weaknesses yet. What we get instead are a lot of allegations about weaknesses that we haven't actually SEEN.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:32 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I have also heard a lot of, “well the Chiefs have started out hot a lot lately but we know how that has ended so let’s wait and see.” As if last year has anything to do with this year. It’s amazing the ridiculous narratives that are being crafted.

That would be like if the Lakers start out hot this season but people minimize it because they didn’t finish as a good team or with a good record last season.
This is a good post- but you had a few dogs in the past, so I am going to wait and see if you have a great posting year. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 10:33 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
All these "Let's just wait and see" butt****ing morons are the same losers who do shit like say, "The series is over!" after a Game 1 loss in a 7-game series. That bullshit happens all the ****ing time with these choads.

Jesus ****. SKIP BAYLESS is telling me we need more data than 2 games to determine if Patrick Mahomes is for real? SKIP BAYLESS???!!! The dude who proclaimed the greatness of Johnny Manziel as the guy who would resurrect the Cleveland Browns? The man who said Tim Tebow was the most fearless and toughest athlete in the history of sport, and whose determination alone would win him Super Bowls? The guy who said Tebow was more marketable than Lebron James back when his completion percentage was around 25-30% per game with more INTs than TDs?

I'm getting so ****ing sick of this garbage narrative of, "Hey now, Deshaun Watson was really impressive last year too..."

Do these mother****ers watch the ****ing games or do they just have some zit-faced intern print out an NFL.com game recap for them to read? Did Deshaun Watson have a SINGLE ****ING GAME last year where he didn't throw an INT? I'm asking because I don't know. I honestly don't think he did. You're telling me that his noodle downfield wobblers to possibly the game's best WR are remotely comparable to Mahomes and his pinpoint ****ing LASERS he's blasted to Kelce, Robinson, and Anthony ****ing Sherman?

Yeah, if you compare numbers and go only off of these guys being young QBs, then sure, I guess they're comparable players, and we should absolutely know that Patrick Mahomes will just turn into Deshaun Watson eventually.

These assholes are still sucking Jared Goff's dick. I don't see any of them telling us to pump the brakes on Goff. "He was awful in 2016, so really he's only played well for a year. That's not much time." Nope. They're sucking his dick long and hard.

I feel like Bowser's wife reading Chiefs Planet when I watch some of these show clips. "Morons. ****ing MOR. ONS. Jesus."
Most of our lives we’ve waited for a good QB like this. And he’s not just good. He’s a generational talent. We finally have a QB like the ones we’ve envied most of our lives.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 10:34 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by In58men:
****ing boss!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/cjr16255/status/...965986304?s=21

Somebody embed this shit for me
Holy shit. I fucking love Mahomes
[Reply]
DRM08 10:36 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
All these "Let's just wait and see" butt****ing morons are the same losers who do shit like say, "The series is over!" after a Game 1 loss in a 7-game series. That bullshit happens all the ****ing time with these choads.

Jesus ****. SKIP BAYLESS is telling me we need more data than 2 games to determine if Patrick Mahomes is for real? SKIP BAYLESS???!!! The dude who proclaimed the greatness of Johnny Manziel as the guy who would resurrect the Cleveland Browns? The man who said Tim Tebow was the most fearless and toughest athlete in the history of sport, and whose determination alone would win him Super Bowls? The guy who said Tebow was more marketable than Lebron James back when his completion percentage was around 25-30% per game with more INTs than TDs?

I'm getting so ****ing sick of this garbage narrative of, "Hey now, Deshaun Watson was really impressive last year too..."

Do these mother****ers watch the ****ing games or do they just have some zit-faced intern print out an NFL.com game recap for them to read? Did Deshaun Watson have a SINGLE ****ING GAME last year where he didn't throw an INT? I'm asking because I don't know. I honestly don't think he did. You're telling me that his noodle downfield wobblers to possibly the game's best WR are remotely comparable to Mahomes and his pinpoint ****ing LASERS he's blasted to Kelce, Robinson, and Anthony ****ing Sherman?

Yeah, if you compare numbers and go only off of these guys being young QBs, then sure, I guess they're comparable players, and we should absolutely know that Patrick Mahomes will just turn into Deshaun Watson eventually.

These assholes are still sucking Jared Goff's dick. I don't see any of them telling us to pump the brakes on Goff. "He was awful in 2016, so really he's only played well for a year. That's not much time." Nope. They're sucking his dick long and hard.

I feel like Bowser's wife reading Chiefs Planet when I watch some of these show clips. "Morons. ****ing MOR. ONS. Jesus."
Goff seems like the 2nd version of Matt Ryan. Completely vanilla game manager. Fortunately for Goff, that Rams team is absolutely loaded on both sides of the ball. Ryan has benefited in a similar way with a very talented Falcons roster through the years.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:50 PM 09-19-2018
This board is like a giddy schoolgirl. I think i just peed a little.
[Reply]
Pants 10:58 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

fuck i need this clip
All this "Aww, shucks! Ya know, I just gotta get the ball to my playmakers..." persona he puts on for the cameras is hilarious.

That dude's competitive fire burns with the power of a thousand suns. He was put on this Earth to do one fucking thing - WIN.

No wonder he does nothing but eat, sleep and study film. He gives zero fucks about anything else. :-)

And I hate the "he's so lucky he had a year to learn from Alex" narrative. You know Alex realized there's levels to this shit as soon as he saw Mahomes throw for the first time. After that, Alex immediately pulled his phone out and started dialing his real estate agent.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:02 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I've never thought any of those QB's looked like potential superstars...they looked like serviceable to above average starters. Luck is the only one, to me, that seemed to possess potential star qualities..and the Colts ****ed up his career trajectory ROYALLY.

I said early last year that Watson was living off the "throw it up for grabs" bombs... and it wasn't sustainable. Jury is still out on him...but I doubt he is ever an "elite" QB.

I dont think Goff will be anything more than above average...his long ball touch is terrible. Carr has been around long enough that we all have a pretty good idea of his ceiling...he's "very good" but doesn't have that intrinsic killer quality like Brady/Favre/Ben.

I haven't seen enough of Wentz to make an educated opinion...

I do think Mayfield has potential to be a star...and predicted Dorsey would take him #1. If Cleveland ever pulls it's head out of it own ass...Mahomes vs. Mayfield will make for some interesting games.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:09 PM 09-19-2018
Yeah, I am sure Alex was a great mentor and everything, but can we hear about it a little more? And can we give the kid a little credit? He busted his ass getting here. And it is obvious to anyone that he is doing plenty of stuff Alex didn't teach him.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:11 PM 09-19-2018
Watson had a lot of prayers answered, which inflated his numbers.

I think a lot of that was a fluke. Watson other than his athletic ability, didn't really pass the eye test for me. Has accuracy issues. Always thought he was going to come back down to Earth.

Carr just turns the ball over way too much, maybe I'm a little biased because he always plays like shit vs KC. With the WR's he has, he should be doing a lot better IMO.

Dak doesn't have anyone to throw to. He's not good enough to put the team on his back. Arm sucks too. He even has one of the best OL the league's seen in yrs.
[Reply]
FAX 11:14 PM 09-19-2018
AS11 could have been an ass when Mahomes was drafted (ala Rapetheburger) and he didn't go there. That's according to Reid, Nagy, Kafka, Mahomes himself, Mahomes' dog, every player who's commented on the subject, and every reporter that's close to the team ... they've all said the same thing. (Except the dog, he said it a little different.) They have repeatedly confirmed that AS11 was generous with his time and knowledge and held nothing back. Whatever shortcomings Alex has, he's a pro's pro and he demonstrated that quality when it came to Mahomes.

Mahomes has specifically said that he learned how to prepare, how to analyze film, how to read NFL defenses ... all of that and more from watching and talking with Alex. You want to take that away, too?

It's simply unfortunate that people want to deny AS11 the courtesy of recognizing a good deed that pays off for them. Sad, in fact.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 11:18 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Watson had a lot of prayers answered, which inflated his numbers.

I think a lot of that was a fluke. Watson other than his athletic ability, didn't really pass the eye test for me. Has accuracy issues. Always thought he was going to come back down to Earth.

Carr just turns the ball over way too much, maybe I'm a little biased because he always plays like shit vs KC. With the WR's he has, he should be doing a lot better IMO.

Dak doesn't have anyone to throw to. He's not good enough to put the team on his back. Arm sucks too. He even has one of the best OL the league's seen in yrs.
The hype surrounding Wishkins was unlike anything I've ever seen.

What I did see were the absolute garbage-time prayers he repeatedly threw up against our despicable secondary which padded his early stats.

Dik benefited from an incredibly talented o-line and a run game that was scary good. The talking noggins decided he was the second coming based on box scores.

I honestly don't believe these talking nogs watch the games. I don't believe they do.

FAX
[Reply]
RunKC 11:22 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I've never thought any of those QB's looked like potential superstars...they looked like serviceable to above average starters. Luck is only the only one, to me, that seemed to possess potential star qualities..and the Colts ****ed up his career trajectory ROYALLY.

I said early last year that Watson was living off the "throw it up for grabs" bombs... and it wasn't sustainable. Jury is still out on him...but I doubt he is ever an "elite" QB.

I dont think Goff will be anything more than above average...his long ball touch is terrible. Carr has been around long enough that we all have a pretty good idea of his ceiling...he's "very good" but doesn't have that intrinsic killer quality like Brady/Favre/Ben.

I haven't seen enough of Wentz to make an educated opinion...

I do think Mayfield has potential to be a star...and predicted Dorsey would take him #1. If Cleveland ever pulls it's head out of it own ass...Mahomes vs. Mayfield will make for some interesting games.
Wentz is the real deal. He was basically last years Mahomes. The guy is also playing under virtually the same system with Pederson.

I really do think that Rodgers, Mahomes and Wentz will be the premier QB’s of this league when Brady and Brees retire in a year or two.
[Reply]
Page 1035 of 2690
« First < 35535935985102510311032103310341035 103610371038103910451085113515352035 > Last »
Up