ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 26
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Media Center>Building a new PC
TambaBerry 06:12 PM 02-28-2023
Have a 3090 currently but am severely bottlenecked. Looking to get the best possible PC that I can build through microcenter in Kansas City. Looking for high end so like 13900k and ddr5 ram.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:15 AM 03-31-2023
Just my opinion... Computers are a lot like cars, you pay a premium for something new when something not quite new can be much less expensive and just a few percentage points slower.

I'm looking to build a new computer and I will typically just ignore the latest generation of the hardware. So, if I were to build an AMD system, Ryzen 5600X would be my starting point. For Intel, which I haven't used lately, I would start with their previous generation as well. Video cards, again the same things. Yeah, you lose the ability to upgrade your CPU to the latest and greatest however how often does anyone really do that?

I understand wanting to have the fastest CPU or the best ray-tracing GPU; first person shooters demand a lot of power. Back in the day when I was playing a lot of Quake, I found that I would dial the graphics back a bit so that things were a bit more responsive. The eye candy is great however the mind soon starts to ignore it all. Sitting back looking at the cool graphics just meant I wasn't paying attention to the game and would just die.

In a year, that fancy new hardware is just going to be 'old' anyways... use the money saved to buy something nice for the significant other.

P.S. I skipped most of the shouting back and forth, this is for video editing. SSD drives are much faster than HDD technology and CPU+GPU power along with usable RAM would seem to be an important factor. If I were building a system to run specific software, I would work with the software company to put together a system which their software would utilize effectively.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:04 PM 04-02-2023
:-) this case

[Reply]
kccrow 01:40 PM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
looking at cases - need 2 side mounts for SSDs and mesh front

thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...47ZXRB66&psc=1
Nearly identical to my DeepCool case from a flow and internal design perspective. Just a mesh front instead of a plastic front. My CPU Package runs at 35 degrees at idle. You'd probably run cooler if you're going with a 12th gen processor as the 13th gens like I have run a little hot.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:47 PM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Nearly identical to my DeepCool case from a flow and internal design perspective. Just a mesh front instead of a plastic front. My CPU Package runs at 35 degrees at idle. You'd probably run cooler if you're going with a 12th gen processor as the 13th gens like I have run a little hot.
decided i'm going with one of these...the youtube review was stellar

[Reply]
kccrow 01:57 PM 04-02-2023

That's the other case I considered but I just happened to get a much better deal on the DeepCool at the time and I didn't have to purchase separate fans right away.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:54 AM 04-03-2023

You can never have too much airflow through the case. I actually like designs that have fans in the front.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:58 AM 04-03-2023
Ive always been partial to the Thermal Take cases. They usually have several options that look good in a modern home/office w/o looking garish and juvenile.

But to each his own.

https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/s300-tg-mid-tower.html
[Reply]
jd1020 01:04 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Ive always been partial to the Thermal Take cases. They usually have several options that look good in a modern home/office w/o looking garish and juvenile.

But to each his own.

https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/s300-tg-mid-tower.html
I've tried to look at Thermaltake stuff before but I feel like everything they offer is just a downgraded version of something someone else offers.

That case to me just looks like a carbon copy of CoolerMaster's once very popular CM690/694 case just with worse airflow because they blocked off the entire front of the case for appearance sake. The side vents will let in some air but it's nothing compared to actual front ventilation.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:55 PM 04-04-2023
ya'll think we will see price drops after April 18? tax season deals?
[Reply]
jd1020 02:10 PM 04-04-2023
ya'll think we will see price drops after April 18? tax season deals?
For the previous generation stuff you've been posting as builds?

Probably see some sales around Prime Day in mid July, and then the typical sale season at the end of the year, but the previous gen shit is probably pretty close to bottomed out until its out of stock completely.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 10:25 AM 04-13-2023
Pulled the trigger on the RTX 4070 since they are released at MSRP. Now I need a monitor.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:13 AM 04-14-2023
off to microcenter :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:15 AM 04-14-2023
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Pulled the trigger on the RTX 4070 since they are released at MSRP. Now I need a monitor.
Saulbadguy sighting!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:55 PM 04-14-2023
oh god just had so much fun at microcenter :-)

i wanted to pee everywhere

she will be mine soon!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:24 PM 04-14-2023
If you get a Samsung 990 Pro M.2, be aware it needs a critical firmware update

https://www.pugetsystems.com/blog/20...rmware-update/
[Reply]
Page 11 of 26
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up