ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 469
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:32 AM 05-24-2022
this just in:

They're shitty.

Clean house, starting with Moore. He's had long enough to get this together, and he keeps hiring the worst coaches possible.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:55 AM 05-24-2022
I wish we had glass back. Sherman is fucking terrible. He won’t fire Moore
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:57 AM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I wish we had glass back. Sherman is ****ing terrible. He won’t fire Moore
And Glass would fire Moore?

Dumbass
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:57 AM 05-24-2022
I wish we had glass back. Sherman is fucking terrible. He won’t fire Moore
:-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:49 AM 05-24-2022
I wish we had glass back. Sherman is ****ing terrible. He won’t fire Moore
Sherman has no reason to be overly loyal to Moore. Glass absolutely would. We would be stuck with these guys forever if Glass was still here. Be thankful he's not.

At this point, it's just a matter of how much Sherman is willing to put up with before he pulls the trigger? My guess is sooner rather than later. He's supposedly wanting to build a stadium downtown and now there's talk of that starting as soon as 2026. As an owner who's looking to make some money, you think he's gonna want to move a shit team that is not successful into a brand new ballpark? What a way to excite the new fanbase, huh?

He'll be more motivated than anyone to get this team on a successful track and soon. Like i said, at this point it's just how long do you let it go . . . . . .
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:54 AM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Mike Matheny has never been a good manager. He doesn't manage the clubhouse well, he has a shitty feel for the game, and he tightens his teams up. In St. Louis, he had the benefit of inheriting a defending World Series champ that also had a top 5 farm system,
That’s quite the retcon there. The 2011 title team was an 88-74 pythag team that got quite lucky in the post season. The five prior years they avg 84.8 wins and their fans were moaning about LaRussa. In the five Matheny years after 2011, they avg 92 wins. I’ll grant the good farm system point with the caveat their best prospect died after playing only 80 (poorly played) games

Originally Posted by :
so he won a lot of games (though every Cardinals fan you talk to about him will tell you they underachieved with him at the helm). They also will tell you he was awful with younger players and overly loyal to really crappy veterans.
Who cares what they say? Have they provided any evidence ? No they have not. Relying on what fans think is a poor analysis. Our fans hated Yost for years and complained loudest about his pen management. Then for two years he had the most ferocious pen ever and suddenly he was a genius on that front.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:04 AM 05-24-2022
I would say the organization has a lot of budding potential.

But you have to have the right guys pushing buttons on a daily basis, and the front office has to do a good job adding around the prospects.

I would argue that the manager, pitching coach, and previous hitting coach were all guys who are not optimal for the Royals situation or environment.

Cal Eldred has been awful in KC. His guys are slow to adjust, nibble too much, and don't develop/improve. He had never been a pitching coach before this job and it shows. He also is stubbornly old school and resistant to seeking advantages through technology or data.

Mike Matheny has never been a good manager. He doesn't manage the clubhouse well, he has a shitty feel for the game, and he tightens his teams up. In St. Louis, he had the benefit of inheriting a defending World Series champ that also had a top 5 farm system, so he won a lot of games (though every Cardinals fan you talk to about him will tell you they underachieved with him at the helm). They also will tell you he was awful with younger players and overly loyal to really crappy veterans.
All of this
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:34 AM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
this just in:

They're shitty.

Clean house, starting with Moore. He's had long enough to get this together, and he keeps hiring the worst coaches possible.
But...Matheny does bed check and keeps the players from masturbating on the road...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:00 AM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
That’s quite the retcon there. The 2011 title team was an 88-74 pythag team that got quite lucky in the post season. The five prior years they avg 84.8 wins and their fans were moaning about LaRussa. In the five Matheny years after 2011, they avg 92 wins. I’ll grant the good farm system point with the caveat their best prospect died after playing only 80 (poorly played) games

Who cares what they say? Have they provided any evidence ? No they have not. Relying on what fans think is a poor analysis. Our fans hated Yost for years and complained loudest about his pen management. Then for two years he had the most ferocious pen ever and suddenly he was a genius on that front.
I don't need them to provide proof. I remember it and can provide it.

Oscar Taveras struggled because Matheny handled him poorly, continually giving playing time to crappy veterans instead of Taveras. Same with Kolten Wong.

Statistical analysis of Matheny's bullpen management by third parties revealed it was so bad, he'd be better off selecting names at random.

Multiple bullpen arms got overused, then had their velocity dip, then blew out their elbows (what Scott Barlow is headed towards).

His teams led the league in outs on the basepaths through over-aggressive running consistently in St. Louis.

Mike Matheny did, does, and always will suck.
[Reply]
jettio 12:48 PM 05-24-2022
I would say the organization has a lot of budding potential.

But you have to have the right guys pushing buttons on a daily basis, and the front office has to do a good job adding around the prospects.

I would argue that the manager, pitching coach, and previous hitting coach were all guys who are not optimal for the Royals situation or environment.

Cal Eldred has been awful in KC. His guys are slow to adjust, nibble too much, and don't develop/improve. He had never been a pitching coach before this job and it shows. He also is stubbornly old school and resistant to seeking advantages through technology or data.

Mike Matheny has never been a good manager. He doesn't manage the clubhouse well, he has a shitty feel for the game, and he tightens his teams up. In St. Louis, he had the benefit of inheriting a defending World Series champ that also had a top 5 farm system, so he won a lot of games (though every Cardinals fan you talk to about him will tell you they underachieved with him at the helm). They also will tell you he was awful with younger players and overly loyal to really crappy veterans.
I do think there is an "atmosphere" problem. Seems like the 2012-2016 Royals had a lot of guys that knew that they belonged and even if they were slumping, they still acted like they knew they were going to make it.

Maybe need a couple coaches and players that know how to focus and still have fun playing baseball in the major leagues.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:22 PM 05-24-2022
It's really hard to take this Organization seriously with Mike Matheny and Cal Eldred leading the development and play on the field. And honestly, Moore is the bozo that thought Matheny would be the guy to lead a young team to the next level - which should tell you all you need to know about Dayton's vision.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:27 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That probably gets out at Kaufmann as well, but man that place can sap power. It's about the only park out there where I wonder if it would (and Fenway, where it would've bounced off the monster).

It's just awfully difficult to know how much stock to put into slow starts from young KC players, especially those who don't have 70+ raw power, because sometimes that park just gets in their head.

Don't get me wrong - I live Kaufmann and think more stadiums should be built exactly like that. But it's gotta be tough for kids to play in band boxes on the road and then deal with that massive KC outfield for 81 games/yr.
Royals had a bunch of warning track fence shots this past weekend from the young guns at Kauffman. They put up that FOX trax box that says that would be a home run in 29 out of 30 or 27 out of 30 or 28 out of 30.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:24 PM 05-24-2022
I don't need them to provide proof. I remember it and can provide it.

Oscar Taveras struggled because Matheny handled him poorly, continually giving playing time to crappy veterans instead of Taveras. Same with Kolten Wong.

Statistical analysis of Matheny's bullpen management by third parties revealed it was so bad, he'd be better off selecting names at random.

Multiple bullpen arms got overused, then had their velocity dip, then blew out their elbows (what Scott Barlow is headed towards).

His teams led the league in outs on the basepaths through over-aggressive running consistently in St. Louis.

Mike Matheny did, does, and always will suck.
Well, at least we are sac bunting less than with Nedgar so there's that.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 03:30 PM 05-24-2022
Personally, I can't wait for the automated zone.
https://twitter.com/UmpScorecards/st...qhlPtlg8Y47DZw

The funny thing is that these analyses likely don't consider second order effects, such as hitters swinging at a wider zone and being down in the count.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:32 PM 05-24-2022
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Personally, I can't wait for the automated zone.
https://twitter.com/UmpScorecards/st...qhlPtlg8Y47DZw

The funny thing is that these analyses likely don't consider second order effects, such as hitters swinging at a wider zone and being down in the count.
Seconded. You can still put an ump behind the plate for optics. Just have robot call balls and strikes.
[Reply]
Page 111 of 469
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Up