Logan Hall, Houston

CB:

Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson
Kaiir Elam, Florida
Kyler Gordon, Washington

S:

Daxton Hill, Michigan
Lewis Cine, Georiga

Note: there are guys that I left off because I don’t think they have a shot to make it to our range.
[Reply]
In58men 08:27 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If we don’t get a WR in FA, then I think Drake London would be a guy I’d take in a heartbeat. It’s very possible he makes it to us, too. He’s expected to run an average to below average 40. He’d be a perfect compliment to Tyreek and is an elite blocker in the screen and run games. Runs the routes we utilize with precision and is as physical as they come.
There’s no way he makes it to us, he’s the #1 WR on most people boards next to Olave. Both will be top 20
[Reply]
RunKC 09:44 AM 03-03-2022
I’m a big podcast/radio guy especially when it comes to taking about the combine. I listened to some guys yesterday who said this is one of the best edge classes they’ve seen. They expect at least 6 taken in the first rd and probably 7 or 8 it’s that good of a class.

They did talk about fitting guys like Devin Lloyd as a pass rusher who plays LB and of course some DT’s like the Georgia players.

That could be really good for us as a better DE in another class falls to us (see Chris Jones) bc of a strong class. It could also mean that a good WR class could push one to us as well.

Either way they are both big needs for us so I think Veach has got to be very pleased
[Reply]
staylor26 09:46 AM 03-03-2022
Yea, it’s a great EDGE class, but the closer we get, the more unlikely it feels that one of the solidified round 1 guys falls to us.

I think our best bet is to sign a top free agent and take advantage of the depth of this EDGE class in the 2nd.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:57 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, it’s a great EDGE class, but the closer we get, the more unlikely it feels that one of the solidified round 1 guys falls to us.

I think our best bet is to sign a top free agent and take advantage of the depth of this EDGE class in the 2nd.
Yeah I think there’s just so many quality FA’s we could get at DE. Even guys like Charles Harris or Lorenzo Carter as secondary options.

This is really setting up to be a good opportunity for us
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:06 AM 03-03-2022
Really starting to feel that Boye Mafe will be the consensus best EDGE available when we pick.

The question is, are we willing to spend a 1st on a 23 year old that will be 24 in November?

I’ve been all for it for the last couple weeks, but the age issue was only recently brought to my attention.
Especially one who's production hasn't matched his skills even against lower quality opponents. That's a guy that's going to need a year or two of coaching, IMO, before he can make a meaningful impact.

So you're looking at a guy who's ready to start fulfilling his promise at, what, 26?

Sorry but that's a 2nd rounder waiting to happen, IMO. I just can't talk myself into a late arriving player who's overaged by a fair amount being worth a 1st round pick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:08 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
There’s no way he makes it to us, he’s the #1 WR on most people boards next to Olave. Both will be top 20
London?

Most of what I'm seeing has Garrett Wilson as the consensus #1 wideout.

London presents some real scheme fit issues, which are what make him an iffy selection for me in KC.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:17 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Maybe in a couple of years. He's going to miss the offseason at the very least.

We need immediate impact from our high picks, like we got last year.
We can sign a WR to play this season for immediate impact. Juju seems like an easy play, provided he's healthy-which he should be. Also, Minnesota needs cap room with the awful Cousins deal taking up room and might let Theinlan go. Plenty of options.

Jameson is a great bargain for us if he makes to our pick. He likely goes in the top 10-15 if he didn't get hurt.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:18 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
We can sign a WR to play this season for immediate impact. Juju seems like an easy play, provided he's healthy-which he should be. Also, Minnesota needs cap room with the awful Cousins deal taking up room and might let Theinlan go. Plenty of options.

Jameson is a great bargain for us if he makes to our pick. He likely goes in the top 10-15 if he didn't get hurt.
This defense needs serious help. Spending a first round pick on a WR who wouldn’t start for the first month or two is only going to make fixing the defense harder.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:19 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Especially one who's production hasn't matched his skills even against lower quality opponents. That's a guy that's going to need a year or two of coaching, IMO, before he can make a meaningful impact.

So you're looking at a guy who's ready to start fulfilling his promise at, what, 26?

Sorry but that's a 2nd rounder waiting to happen, IMO. I just can't talk myself into a late arriving player who's overaged by a fair amount being worth a 1st round pick.
Yet another reason why I feel that DB or WR and a trade up for EDGE in the 2nd might be our best bet.

Of course that is dependent on getting an edge rusher in free agency.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:23 AM 03-03-2022
Pretty much the only WR I’m okay with Veach taking if he falls is Burks.

And that’s under the assumption that guys like Wilson and Olave aren’t there.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:25 AM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Pretty much the only WR I’m okay with Veach taking if he falls is Burks.

And that’s under the assumption that guys like Wilson and Olave aren’t there.
No to Dotson?

I’ve kind of warmed up to the idea of just taking him at 30 barring an unexpected DE falling.

Great hands and ability to separate make him a really safe bet IMO.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:26 AM 03-03-2022
No to Dotson?

I’ve kind of warmed up to the idea of just taking him at 30 barring an unexpected DE falling.

Great hands and ability to separate make him a really safe bet IMO.
I don’t think Dotson is a guy that would fall. I think he’ll be there for us at 30.

My point was specifically guys that should go earlier but end up at our pick.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:32 PM 03-03-2022
Dotson has a definite chance to run one of the fastest 40 times at the combine.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:57 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This defense needs serious help. Spending a first round pick on a WR who wouldn’t start for the first month or two is only going to make fixing the defense harder.
We still have our LBs and Jones. We definitely need another DE(2) but I'd say our second biggest need is WR. Value-wise Jameson us probably a better WR than we could get vs DE, all things being even.

Now if the guy from Purdue is available (don't feel like spelling his name) then that's a good move but everyone need more pass rushers. The quality comparability won't be even imo.

That's if Jameson makes it to us. I can see Cheatriots grabbing him for Macaroni or even Dallas-they probably want off that Cooper deal soon and won't wanna pay Gallup.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:36 PM 03-03-2022
I'm still crushing hard on Dotson.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 36
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up