ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 14 of 114
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:59 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
The stadiums are city buildings not the billionaire's buildings.
That said billionaire uses to make a larger profit...

That would be like if I used tax payers to subsidize a mansion, but only I used it for my needs and had a few gatherings here and there on my grounds.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:00 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
So is this gonna pass or what?
The “No” side is trying to rig the election by turning voters away who are wearing Chiefs/Royals apparel, even though that is perfectly allowed:

FYI, if you are voting today in JaxCo, you can wear a jersey, shirt or hat of the @Chiefs or @Royals, but you can NOT wear "Save the K" apparel or "vote yes/vote no" gear. Would be impermissible electioneering.

You'd have to take it off, turn it inside out or change to vote.

— Tod Palmer (@todpalmer) April 2, 2024

It won’t matter in the end… Team Yes will win.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04-02-2024, 01:03 PM
This message has been deleted by Sassy Squatch.
Mecca 01:03 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The “No” side is trying to rig the election by turning voters away who are wearing Chiefs/Royals apparel, even though that is perfectly allowed:

You have severe issues with reading comprehension.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:06 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I like how the rates of anything and everything are comically overpriced, yet here we are being told we have to give billionaires more money.
You are *so close* to getting it. Just think a little harder
[Reply]
wazu 01:08 PM 04-02-2024

If somebody is fired up enough to wear a shirt specifically about this election they will probably be willing to put a jacket over it while they vote.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:11 PM 04-02-2024
JFC the desperation of Team No…

Jackson County is dealing with a ransomware attack, and the county executive has declared a state of emergency.

STORY >>> https://t.co/OMRroPoXu2 pic.twitter.com/jZpHrbcE9P

— KCTV5 News (@KCTV5) April 2, 2024

[Reply]
|Zach| 01:12 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
So is this gonna pass or what?
Maybe? Seems really close but No has had a run of momentum lately. If I had to bet I would say it barely passes.
[Reply]
|Zach| 01:12 PM 04-02-2024
I need to become a used car salesman. There are a surprising number of people who accept the first offer.
[Reply]
wazu 01:16 PM 04-02-2024
JFC the desperation of Team No…

If the stadium vote fails, we can keep the sales tax to pay off the ransom instead. Great job, Frank.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 01:18 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
The stadiums are city buildings not the billionaire's buildings.
Yes, a city building that happens to include a private, luxurious, billionaire's suite that is comparable to a 3-story, 6-bedroom condo.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:19 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Yes, a city building that happens to include a private, luxurious, billionaire's suite that is comparable to a 3-story, 6-bedroom condo.
Enjoy getting taxed for "homeless outreach programs" instead!
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:19 PM 04-02-2024
I voted yes.

It is not a perfect solution...but a no vote opens the door to the Chiefs and Royals leaving...and not just leaving for Kansas or North Kansas City.

Those who vote no are okay with KC being another Des Moines, Omaha or Little Rock. While there is nothing wrong with those places, they are not Major League cities.

KC is the smallest market with both an NFL and MLB franchise. This is a fair deal for Jackson County--and give how corrupt the legislature is, does anyone really think they would not figure out a way to get that sales tax money another way and use it for something stupid?

This is the golden era of Chiefs football...and we can gurantee the Chiefs being here for another 40 yes without increasing taxes? Seems like a no brainer to me.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:21 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
I need to become a used car salesman. There are a surprising number of people who accept the first offer.
The Royals are putting in more money than any other team that has built a stadium in the last decade...but we need a better offer?
[Reply]
wazu 01:22 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
The Chiefs have won 3 championships in 5 years. Build a few more condos for them wherever the fuck they want.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:23 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You have severe issues with reading comprehension.
Read this…

This is a clear violation of both Kansas City and Jackson County voter laws. While poll workers are prohibited from wearing Chiefs and Royals licensed gear, voters are within their rights to wear team logos when they go to the polls.” (2/2)

— Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) April 2, 2024

[Reply]
Page 14 of 114
« First < 41011121314 151617182464 > Last »
Up