ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Were you ever a fan of Limp Bizkit?
Yes 71 52.59%
No 55 40.74%
What the hell is a Limp Bizkit? Is that like some kind of Oriental sex position? 7 5.19%
Gaz thinks this kind of music is dumber than people that don't vaccinate their kids. 2 1.48%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Were you ever a fan of Limp Bizkit?
TLO 04:29 PM 01-30-2019
I was playing around on YouTube today, watching some guy play a version of GTA V where you can play as a police officer, and on the little sidebar was a Limp Bizkit video for "Rollin".

Fred Durst reminds me of Scumbag Steve in the worst kind of way.

I hadn't heard the song for ages, so I gave it a quick listen. It was kind of hilarious how epic 90's music videos and yet kind of catchy at the same time.

Anyway just thought I'd put out a feeler and see if we have any current/former Bizkit fans on the board.

(P.S.) - I'll make the poll private so you don't have to worry about being judged by the CP brain trust if you ever were a fan.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:11 PM 01-30-2019
There were a few Bizkit songs I liked, but for me this one always stood out

[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:13 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
Strength through unity was an awesome EP but then his voice went to shit. It was like someone gave a kid with Down's and Tourettes Syndromes meth, handed him a microphone, and said "sing about friends, the hardcore scene, and about how tough you are." I wanted to like them but his voice ruined what was otherwise fantastic music
Just to clarify, I'm not some music snob. I listen to almost anything and everything. I went on a tirade earlier about nu metal but I was more or less joking.. I mean two lines later I said I listened to punk and hardcore, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I can tolerate almost anything that isnt rap or techno. In all fairness, though, Rick ta Life is a self absorbed and self righteous douche who's voice could be mimicked, and out done for that matter, by a dying walrus
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:15 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
Strength through unity was an awesome EP but then his voice went to shit. It was like someone gave a kid with Down's and Tourettes Syndromes meth, handed him a microphone, and said "sing about friends, the hardcore scene, and about how tough you are." I wanted to like them but his voice ruined what was otherwise fantastic music
Haha. Yeah he’s a bit of a clown now. I read that he got beat pretty good a few years ago that scrambled whatever brain he had. Strength Through Unity and early Comin’ Correct stuff was enjoyable though.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:22 PM 01-30-2019
I'm down with the BIZKIT
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:24 PM 01-30-2019
Put me in as meh.

I wouldn't turn it off, and never participated in the pile-on. But it wasn't something I'd miss. A lot from that era I liked a lot more, but it wasn't so bad or different from the regular radio rotation to generate any negative feelings.

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of their more aggressive songs made it onto a workout mix disc simply for the upbeat energy. That's about as purposeful as I got about listening to them.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:26 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
I'm down with the BIZKIT
THIS ONE'S DEDICATED TO YOU BEN STILLAHHHHHHHHHHH
[Reply]
jd1020 08:28 PM 01-30-2019
Absolutely.

I still pop in one of their albums every now and then. I did grow tired of Durst's song writing after a while, though. He's a pretty bad lyricist, but hes a fucking amazing showman. When Metallica was inducted into the HoF or whatever it was where a bunch of bands were paying tribute to them on MTV, Limp Bizkit's cover was the only one worthy of the fucking stage. Korn also did a good cover but it was still miles behind Limp Bizkit.

This is probably my favorite Limp Bizkit song, it features quite a bit of Scott Weiland and isnt your typical LB song but I could listen to this shit on repeat all day long

I havent really listened to much of their latest stuff but that one 6 or 7 song album they released just after they reunited with Wes I thought was really good and ended up buying it.
[Reply]
Third Eye 08:28 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Responding to the Downset. bat signal.

Never actually saw them, but the Daily Grind brings back memories. Ever catch any shows at the Fuse Box?
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:48 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Never actually saw them, but the Daily Grind brings back memories. Ever catch any shows at the Fuse Box?
I'd heard things about the Fusebox but never made it. I was pretty green even for the Daily Grind. That 1996 Downset. Daily Grind show is actually posted to Youtube.
[Reply]
Third Eye 08:58 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'd heard things about the Fusebox but never made it. I was pretty green even for the Daily Grind. That 1996 Downset. Daily Grind show is actually posted to Youtube.
Yeah, I’m guessing we are around the same age, I probably have a year or two on you. The Fusebox opened in ‘97 I want to say. Maybe ‘96. It was my first experience with a byob music venue. It was a shithole, but the scene was great. I just remember a small stage, small room, and a ratty couch in the back that a buddy of mine always passed out on. That and you could get crack next door from a guy named Junebug (literally, not a joke).
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:32 PM 01-30-2019
Def got into them back in the day. They weren’t as cool as Reveille though.

Or some Snot

[Reply]
DaNewGuy 09:35 PM 01-30-2019
Naw, I was into nu metal in elementary and middle school but I leaned more towards Korn and Slipknot
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:48 PM 01-30-2019
Also used to get down with some HeD PE
[Reply]
BWillie 10:18 PM 01-30-2019
I liked the more mellow stuff like Third Eye Blind (who is one of the most underrated bands of all time) but I liked Limp and Korn well enough.

Smash Mouth - garbage
Sugar Ray - Decent, although they totally changed their style to be popular
Goo Goo Dolls - meh
Lifehouse - good
Train - hated it
Vertical Horizon - good stuff
Creed - used to like them even though they had a churchy vibe
Nickelback - wasn't a huge fan but no clue how they got so hated. Catchy good rock
John Mayer - hate him about as much as Adam Levine's band
[Reply]
bdj23 10:43 PM 01-30-2019
The were good for a couple of years when I was an edgy teenager, but anything after Significant Other was crapola.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up