That is all
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:16 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He's a clear cut upgrade for a number of teams
yeah,he's somewhere around QB15ish.
[Reply]
backinblack 09:19 PM 01-16-2023
really hope Mark and Josh are watching Tom Brady play tonight, and maybe changing their minds

you really think he will do better next year on the Raiders than he is doing in this game?
[Reply]
Eureka 10:25 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by backinblack:
really hope Mark and Josh are watching Tom Brady play tonight, and maybe changing their minds

you really think he will do better next year on the Raiders than he is doing in this game?
Well he’ll have great weapons and an offensive coordinator he’s familiar with so there could be something there. Might be a good fit if they draft a rookie to sit.

Guess I’d rather go with Stidham.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:34 AM 01-17-2023
Originally Posted by backinblack:

Raiders need to spend the money they saved from moving on from Carr on the defense first. Fixing the right side of the OL second. Then hope a QB falls to us in round 2 and getting a stop gap vet on the cheap for 2023.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:51 AM 01-17-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Carr has a no trade clause. Is he going to play ball with the team showing him the door like that?
If I were him, I'd tell them to get fucked. If he gets cut instead of traded he's probably going to make even more money (especially guaranteed), can absolutely pick his destination (not that he can't in a trade, but a team may be less willing to part with draft picks than merely sign him), and the team he goes to isn't giving up a 1st or 2nd round pick (which it's likely going to take to get him) which only helps his new team.

Carr has the Raiders by the balls. He should squeeze extra hard.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:55 AM 01-17-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
If I were him, I'd tell them to get ****ed. If he gets cut instead of traded he's probably going to make even more money (especially guaranteed), can absolutely pick his destination (not that he can't in a trade, but a team may be less willing to part with draft picks than merely sign him), and the team he goes to isn't giving up a 1st or 2nd round pick (which it's likely going to take to get him) which only helps his new team.

Carr has the Raiders by the balls. He should squeeze extra hard.
Absolutely, but he seems like too nice of a guy to do it.

He should proceed with the exact mindset you just laid out, but he's kind of a pussy. Hopefully his agent is smart enough to make him realize he owes the Raiders exactly jack and shit.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:59 AM 01-17-2023
Raiders should trade Carr to Denver straight up for Wilson. Wilsons a proven leader and would make the Raiders instant contenders. All Denver needs is a QB that wears Mascara to get them over the hump with that great defense.

Then they can legit battle for 4th place.
[Reply]
TLO 11:02 AM 01-17-2023
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Raiders should trade Carr to Denver straight up for Wilson. Wilsons a proven leader and would make the Raiders instant contenders. All Denver needs is a QB that wears Mascara to get them over the hump with that great defense.

Then they can legit battle for 4th place.
The Chargers might give them a run for 4th place with their cap situation
[Reply]
kccrow 11:21 AM 01-17-2023
There are only about 10-12 QBs a year that throw for over 4000 yards and Carr did it for 3 straight seasons before McDumbass arrived. Somehow, McD decided Carr was total shit just "a few weeks" into the season and then the offense was worse than it was the year before despite better players.

Raider nation should probably come to grips with getting a shit coach and probably not be so gleeful their QB is going elsewhere.

If he goes to the NFC South, he's winning that division and getting a chance to play for the championship he desires. Carolina makes the absolute most sense to me from his perspective. He'd have a WR capable of being top-5 caliber to throw to, a good running game, and a fairly solid defense behind him if the offense is good.

As for Carolina, they have two 2nd round picks. Absolutely swing one for Carr. I wouldn't trade my 1st, but I'd give my higher 2nd. Take Mayer at the 9th pick so he has a TE to pair up in the passing game with DJ Moore.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:50 AM 01-17-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Absolutely, but he seems like too nice of a guy to do it.

He should proceed with the exact mindset you just laid out, but he's kind of a pussy. Hopefully his agent is smart enough to make him realize he owes the Raiders exactly jack and shit.
If only all of us could get screwed by the Raiders as badly as they screwed Derek. Just a few years ago he was the highest paid QB in the NFL. His net worth is hovering around $80 to $100 million. Poor guy......Raiders should be ashamed
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:55 AM 01-17-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Not an unreasonable post.

But I will tell you, don’t buy in too much. You’re on it. Ziegler matters more than McD. Especially right now. I’m guessing McDouche can scheme. If Ziegler can’t get Dudes that can play in, the message gets stale quick. The saying goes it's not about the X's and O's its about the Jimmies and Joes. Its kind of right, scheme matters not if personnel is shit. but it does matter.

And it’s a problem. Nick Caserio is on record saying he had to go talk to Kraft about trades Belicheat would do without consulting ANYONE in personnel. Obviously Franchise Killer Pioli didn’t know fuckall about personnel.

And the detail stuff might be fine for Belicheat who has shit locked down, but it typically isn’t for teams that blow ass. Essentially mental capacity is limited and using it on dumb shit (like gum wrappers and interrogating staff about leaks - like Pioli) leads to missing the boat on big shit (like oh hey, maybe we should figure out if Casshole can play). Ultimately you work on the big shit first and once you’re competent then you can dial in on the little shit.

Maybe McDouche has figured that out. But reading between the lines, it sounds like Cheatriot shit. Pioli sent some goon looking motherfuckers to games to make sure everybody was compliant on the sidelines. Nevermind the tire fire on the field. Clark also had to settle some legitimate employee lawsuits because Pioi was a Nazi. Maybe he’s figured it out maybe he hasn’t.

All I can say is good luck. I’m a never a Brotherfucking Cheatriot Fuckbag kind of guy, but maybe it will be different this time.
It won't be.

McDouche benched Carr 1) because they didn't want to pay him if he got hurt and 2) he wanted to get his Patriot boy Stidham on the field.

It's the same Patriot Way shit they always do and it never works. Hell, it doesn't even work in New England anymore now that they don't have Brady.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:14 PM 01-17-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It won't be.

McDouche benched Carr 1) because they didn't want to pay him if he got hurt and 2) he wanted to get his Patriot boy Stidham on the field.

It's the same Patriot Way shit they always do and it never works. Hell, it doesn't even work in New England anymore now that they don't have Brady.
I really don't understand the incestuous need for anyone associated with the Belichick tree to glom onto players the Patriots have cast off. They've historically been really good at letting guys go at the right time, before the value proposition went downward, and trading for people like Stidham is exactly the kind of thing the Patriots don't do.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:15 PM 01-17-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Raiders need to spend the money they saved from moving on from Carr on the defense first. Fixing the right side of the OL second. Then hope a QB falls to us in round 2 and getting a stop gap vet on the cheap for 2023.
Mcdaniels is on the verge of getting fired.

He's going to have to be aggressive and get a qb.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:21 PM 01-17-2023
Originally Posted by jdubya:
If only all of us could get screwed by the Raiders as badly as they screwed Derek. Just a few years ago he was the highest paid QB in the NFL. His net worth is hovering around $80 to $100 million. Poor guy......Raiders should be ashamed
Not saying he got screwed at all, just that if the Raiders want to move on, he should get the most out of the situation for himself.

His contract is structured in a way that he can take full advantage of, and he should absolutely do so.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:23 PM 01-17-2023
Why would Brady want the Raiders? I can understand his coach is there and they do have good skill players, strong running game but the defense is trash and it's in the AFC. Despite what we may think of the other teams in our divison they are not easy outs. Chiefs twice, Chargers twice and Denver defense twice. Then to get to the SB Bengals, Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, Miami and the Browns will be better and settled in with Watson. The best team are in the AFC and he's almost 46 and take hits.

Raiders would be foolish to take a 1 year flyer on a 46 year old QB that is declining. The only team that could get away with it is SF and maybe they don't want him. Raiders may be the only team willing and has a good enough roster for him to say yes.

Gronk would join him for one last try.
[Reply]
Page 113 of 121
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117 > Last »
Up