ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 708 of 3903
« First < 208608658698704705706707708 70971071171271875880812081708 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 07:55 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Italy is the only country with over 3,800 deaths assuming you believe China. They have proven to be quite the anomaly. We are closer to South Korea than we are Italy. I don't know where people get the idea that will somehow pass everyone one else in the world and have 3,800 deaths by next week when no where else in the world save Italy has had that.
I think it's a little early to call any country and "anomaly"
[Reply]
stevieray 07:56 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This thread appears to be the "its only OK to spew end of the world opinions and stories thread" rather than a non political one.
....this thread does have a ghoulish feel to it at times.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:57 PM 03-24-2020
And I should add the current rate of .122 is based on a functional health care system.

The numbers from Italy, where they have maxed out their system, that death rate within the target segment is nearly twice the .122 we’re experiencing currently.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:57 PM 03-24-2020
Italy is the only country with over 3,800 deaths assuming you believe China. They have proven to be quite the anomaly. We are closer to South Korea than we are Italy. I don't know where people get the idea that will somehow pass everyone one else in the world and have 3,800 deaths by next week when no where else in the world save Italy has had that.
Yet people post opinion articles here with claims of deaths of a million in the US alone and when called out for the obvious bullshit stats the article is using they call that person a liar and wrong. :-)
[Reply]
kcxiv 07:59 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
So people are getting forms that say they can be moving around??? I didn't think this was a total lockdown
naw, my dad is a diabetic and just recently had surgery. His VA doctor said he cannot leave the house and get it, chances are he wont live through it.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:59 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
It absolutely is math. The only variables we control are the R0 and the number of ventilators we have.

This was true last week and it will be true next week.

Hopefully the drugs work. Hopefully we get more ventilators. But absent that the numbers are going up.

Just look at today. 10,000+ new cases. How many of those people do you think are going to die? Then go back 8 days and apply that percentage to the total new cases from 8 days ago. See the problem in your thinking?
How many of those 10,000 cases are mild? How many of those cases are people at risk? The only reason the number of cases is higher that it was 8 days ago is because we tested. We are still running at well below half the global death rate.

See the problem in your math? You're being too fucking literal. There are countless variables you are not and are unable to take in. If I had to take a guess I would say of the 10,000 cases 125 will die bases on current death rate.

Your math assumes nothing but continuation along a linear curve with 0 variables.
[Reply]
loochy 08:00 PM 03-24-2020
It isn't. I have no idea why people are getting these letters. My Wife got one and I have no concern over it all and told her she will never, ever have to use it.
There just aren't enough law enforcement agents to enforce such an act throughout the whole country. Sure, maybe they can cut off particular cities or regions, but containing the entire country would be impossible
[Reply]
petegz28 08:00 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
And I should add the current rate of .122 is based on a functional health care system.

The numbers from Italy, where they have maxed out their system, that death rate within the target segment is nearly twice the .122 we’re experiencing currently.
The number from Italy also includes a ton of people who were probably going to die in the next few months as it was, unfortunately.

You are not considering any sort of variables at all.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:01 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I think it's a little early to call any country and "anomaly"
Italy is a fucking anomaly by the very definition.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:01 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It’s just starting everywhere else
Really? You sure about that?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:02 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yet people post opinion articles here with claims of deaths of a million in the US alone and when called out for the obvious bullshit stats the article is using they call that person a liar and wrong. :-)
Dude stop this stuff. You both need to knock it off or you both should be removed from this thread.
It is getting real old that when I come in here you are attacking him when he is not here or you both are going back and forth at each other.
No one wants to read/hear this stupid bickering that you both are doing. JMO but both you are acting like a couple of little children or women that are on that cycle and the other is the ex spouse that found someone sexier than they ever were.
NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP AND MOVE ON OR GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!!
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:02 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
There just aren't enough law enforcement agents to enforce such an act throughout the whole country. Sure, maybe they can cut off particular cities or regions, but containing the entire country would be impossible
It would be futile, are they to stop every car they see driving to see whats up?

Of course not duh.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:02 PM 03-24-2020
I respect everyone on here who wants to say they believe something else — I’m just telling you that the math might be off a point here or there but is otherwise provable from a lot of statistics that are sitting right in front of all of us.

Everywhere there is a real lockdown there is a 10-14 day period of exponential growth baked in. Between 12%-13% of those people will die based on the math. If we do a better job of slowing the spread the overall group that is subject to that fraction goes down. There is a number (when the health care system becomes maxed out) that the percentage of the overall group of new infected rises. By keeping the first number low we will keep the second number low.

None of this is exact of course. But to say we won’t have more deaths then some other country ignores the data to date.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:04 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
My work is deemed essential but I'm working from home. I need to go to the office at some point to get some shit I need. Was just wondering what the **** that's about
Stay safe my guy my job is the same but I have to go in. Their brilliant idea was to let half stay off for a few weeks and we'll rotate. So instead of 4k in theres only 2k.

The police chief basically said they arent stopping anyone even if you're speeding but KC never did shit about that anyway lol you're good man I went and got lunch and dinner in OP not a single cop even followed me.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:04 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Dude stop this stuff. You both need to knock it off or you both should be removed from this thread.
It is getting real old that when I come in here you are attacking him when he is not here or you both are going back and forth at each other.
No one wants to read/hear this stupid bickering that you both are doing. JMO but both you are acting like a couple of little children or women that are on that cycle and the other is the ex spouse that found someone sexier than they ever were.
NOW SHUT THE **** UP AND MOVE ON OR GET THE **** OUT!!!!!
Put people on ignore or remove yourself. I don't even know what the fuck you're bitching about but :-) or ignore people.
[Reply]
Page 708 of 3903
« First < 208608658698704705706707708 70971071171271875880812081708 > Last »
Up