ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 34
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
Setsuna 04:44 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Ironically I had just watched "Lords of Dogtown" right before they announced Ledger as the Joker and I LOVED the casting announcement.

Considering Ledgers resume at the time, my guess is that Nolan watched LoD and saw the potential of Joker.
I only remembered him in The Patriot and Candy. I didn't think he'd do the role justice. But you were one of the few.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:27 AM 05-18-2019
Curious who everyone wanted as the next Batman?

I liked Affleck cause he was as comic book Batman as possible. Never got his own film and was terribly written. He pulled off the look imo and could've been better with a better director. I feel bad for him on how that ended up. Henry Cavill is also unfairly getting shafted by WB too. I still want a MOS 2 with a real director.

I heard Armie Hammer was rumored which I kindve favored. Now I'm more intrigued with Pattinson... forget the stupid af Vampire movies...he can really act. Hopefully he proves everyone wrong.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:10 AM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Now I'm more intrigued with Pattinson... forget the stupid af Vampire movies...he can really act. Hopefully he proves everyone wrong.
Yeah, the dude can really act. Who would have guessed that after the stupid vampire movies?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:02 AM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah, the dude can really act. Who would have guessed that after the stupid vampire movies?
Yep...I've only seen the original Twighlight. Couldn't stand it and not everyone knows but Pattinson himself really dislikes those movies as well. He's been biding his time...I think this noir detective Batman can really have him breakthrough. 7 years ago is a longtime too. I'm excited to hear more info on this film as SD Comicon comes this summer.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:52 AM 05-18-2019
Also 'Good Time' is currently streaming on Amazon Prime.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:51 AM 05-18-2019
Apparently Penguin and Catwoman will be two of the rogues he's fighting
[Reply]
BWillie 08:33 AM 05-18-2019
Can't imagine in what universe it is acceptable to have a ghey vampire become Batman.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:43 AM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Can't imagine in what universe it is acceptable to have a ghey vampire become Batman.
Who cares if a vampire is gay? They don't exist. Maybe they are all gay IRL. Oh yeah there isn't a real life..... they are a fictional made up being. Your displacing.

Back to reality, you might want to check the crap that actors you think are fantastic actors now were in when they first started out as actors. Spoiler alert........ they have all been in crap roles and movies.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:05 AM 05-18-2019
I’ve never watched a single movie this guy is in, so in that sense I’ll be going in without any preconceived notions and just might like him in the role
[Reply]
tk13 11:35 AM 05-18-2019
I have to say I thought it was a really good choice, so maybe I'll be wrong. He's not a 20 year old shooting kiddie vampire movies anymore, and Matt Reeves seems to know what he's doing. I'm surprised so many people seem to be against it.
[Reply]
tk13 11:47 AM 05-18-2019

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:09 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Exactly lol
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:46 PM 05-18-2019
My problem with the casting isn't so much his Twilight laden resume as much as his look screams relapsed-recovering meth addict.

His acting is wooden and stale. Watch him in Damsel or High Life... he is literally just a (if you are into the meth look) pretty face reciting lines. There is no depth to his acting. Compare him in Good Time to Afflec in The Town (same type of pacing) if you want to see the difference in ability to express, believably, a range of emotions larger than just high and bored.

It seems as if the piece of greatest importance to the casting director was... who can pull off "handsome while brooding".
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:07 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
My problem with the casting isn't so much his Twilight laden resume as much as his look screams relapsed-recovering meth addict.

His acting is wooden and stale. Watch him in Damsel or High Life... he is literally just a (if you are into the meth look) pretty face reciting lines. There is no depth to his acting. Compare him in Good Time to Afflec in The Town (same type of pacing) if you want to see the difference in ability to express, believably, a range of emotions larger than just high and bored.

It seems as if the piece of greatest importance to the casting director was... who can pull off "handsome while brooding".
Assuming all this were true, which is obviously debatable, you realize he's perfect for the part then, right?

Bruce Wayne is the most stale, wooden 'alter ego' in the superhero biz. He's literally just a handsome billionaire, sometimes pretending to be playboy (to keep up the ruse), while brooding incessantly. As Batman he shows even less emotion.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:40 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Assuming all this were true, which is obviously debatable, you realize he's perfect for the part then, right?

Bruce Wayne is the most stale, wooden 'alter ego' in the superhero biz. He's literally just a handsome billionaire, sometimes pretending to be playboy (to keep up the ruse), while brooding incessantly. As Batman he shows even less emotion.
Bruce Wayne is charming, clever, witty, quick, a beefcake, and buff. I've never seen Pattinson portray any of those traits convincingly in any role I've seen him play.

Of course, that is just my opinion and therefore subjective. I hope I'm wrong and I love him as much as I did Ledger as the Joker.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 34
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up