Page 23 of 33
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Australian Open Tennis
Silock 10:28 PM 01-17-2008
I guess updated for 2012?

Americans are all out.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:34 PM 01-21-2014
three ace game - good Christ. This kid can hammer.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:58 PM 01-21-2014
Beautiful drop volley. I have to say, if Dimitrov could take a step back and focus on returning down the line to Nadal's backhand; he'd stay in more points on RN's serve.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:44 PM 01-21-2014
Nadal wins the clutch TB. Going to try to grind him down.
[Reply]
kcxiv 06:14 AM 01-22-2014
Federer vs Nadal in the Semis. Gonna be fun. Rafa obviously is the favorite. Hope to see a good match.

So many top seeds male and female got taken out early this year. Crazy shit.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:22 AM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
Federer vs Nadal in the Semis. Gonna be fun. Rafa obviously is the favorite. Hope to see a good match.

So many top seeds male and female got taken out early this year. Crazy shit.
what was the match breakdown by set? Did Dimi get another set or only the first?

at 23 years old, the Bulgarian seems like he could be 'Andy Murray good' in a year or two. Just seems he lacks fitness and endurance to trade punches w/ these big banger's such as RN and RF.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:44 AM 01-22-2014
Federer hasn't beaten Nadal in a slam match in nearly 7 years (Wimbledon 2007). Can't imagine he'll start now, but maybe he has one last fight in him. The conditions are certainly playing quicker than at any time in recent years, which should help.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:45 AM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
what was the match breakdown by set? Did Dimi get another set or only the first?

at 23 years old, the Bulgarian seems like he could be 'Andy Murray good' in a year or two. Just seems he lacks fitness and endurance to trade punches w/ these big banger's such as RN and RF.
Dimitrov never won another set, but he outplayed Nadal in both sets 2 and 3 and lost TBs. Nadal was just better on the clutch points than him and wore him down mentally/physically over the match, but that's to be expected. Grigor is a great talent.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:08 AM 01-22-2014
Where is Marty Fish ranked these days? So is Fish now the best American or is it Robbie Ginepri? Yuck!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:43 PM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Where is Marty Fish ranked these days? So is Fish now the best American or is it Robbie Ginepri? Yuck!
Fish barely played last year due to health issues. Not sure he has much of a career left as he's 32 now. Best American players are Isner/Querrey.
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:41 AM 01-26-2014
Rafa is hurt, he's getting his ass handed to him. This sux. I hate see'ing guys trying to play in pain in tennis. Makes it not so great
[Reply]
kcxiv 04:28 AM 01-26-2014
hmmm.. i have no words for what is happening in this final wow. This is crazy.
[Reply]
Silock 04:33 AM 01-26-2014
Spoke too soon. Stan's making a comeback.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:51 AM 01-26-2014
Stan always had the game to accomplish this, now he has the belief in himself to do it too. That Djokovic match last year here that he lost really changed his career trajectory.

I think there will be more where this came from.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:04 AM 01-26-2014
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Fish barely played last year due to health issues. Not sure he has much of a career left as he's 32 now. Best American players are Isner/Querrey.
Yeah - I've definitely missed out on some tennis over the last three years or so - things change quickly.
[Reply]
kcxiv 08:08 AM 01-26-2014
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Stan always had the game to accomplish this, now he has the belief in himself to do it too. That Djokovic match last year here that he lost really changed his career trajectory.

I think there will be more where this came from.
Good run and win for Stan, but lets not kid ourself, Rafa was hurt and hurt bad. He was crying at one point because of the pain in his back. Yes, he was up a set when Rafa hurt himself, but it would have been alot closer then it was and Rafa still made a half ass match out of it.

They did say Stan will go to number 3 in the world. Good for him,hope he keeps it up. He seems like a very nice guy. Sucks he didnt enjoy his first grandslam like he wanted to because of how he won. Thats gotta suck ass.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 33
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up