ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2455 of 2688
« First < 1455195523552405244524512452245324542455 2456245724582459246525052555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:40 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I kinda felt like Burleson beat him to the punch...

That was such a good crew, though. Those 4 had amazing chemistry. This batch just doesn't do it for me.
I would love to see Rachel Bonetta and Katie Nolan host a show together, or pair them with Brandt and Schrager.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:50 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It’s Jason McCourty. He’s snooze city.

I swear there’s not a single Patriot guy on TV who’s entertaining or interesting. They’ve got that stink on them and it just follows them everywhere they go.
Jamie Erdahl is as useless as it gets, she brings even less tot he table than McCourty does.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:59 AM 03-22-2023
Kyle is a homer. Thats okay, He's not a neutral journalist. He is a talking head delivering his opinions. Same for our own homer, Nick Wright.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:35 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Jamie Erdahl is as useless as it gets, she brings even less tot he table than McCourty does.
She's really the anchor.

The step down from Kay and Burleson to her and McCourty is just massive. I would've thought this off-season would've been the time to go a different direction but they don't seem inclined to do so.

If they lose Brandt (Schrages is probably a lifer there), that show could really fall apart fast. And yeah, some mainstream network could easily poach him. The guy could do just straight up daytime television if he wanted to. Though I do wonder if Burleson isn't sitting there with Gayle King in the mornings thinking "man, I left a cush gig for this?"
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:49 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
She's really the anchor.

The step down from Kay and Burleson to her and McCourty is just massive. I would've thought this off-season would've been the time to go a different direction but they don't seem inclined to do so.

If they lose Brandt (Schrages is probably a lifer there), that show could really fall apart fast. And yeah, some mainstream network could easily poach him. The guy could do just straight up daytime television if he wanted to. Though I do wonder if Burleson isn't sitting there with Gayle King in the mornings thinking "man, I left a cush gig for this?"
Nick Wright's show absolutely nailed chemistry when they got rid of Jenna Wolf. Wildes is goofy, funny, and has an actual personality. He's involved with all of the show-specific jokes and running bits. When he gets crap slung at him by Nick, he doesn't back down and ignore, but he's also not angry or defensive. And that's what enables them to bring on boring ass guests like Mangini and not let all the air go out of the room.

Your anchor needs to do more than just read the questions and tell everybody when it's time to go to commercial. That chick with the nice boobs who hosts Thkyiup and Shannon doesn't do anything. She's not even there. I know Jamie Erdahl is involved in the topics and conversations (so was Kay Adams) but you've got to be able to wear the "it's my segment!" hat and bring the energy when you're on.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:59 AM 03-22-2023
I legitimately didn't know FanDuel had a streaming service, and I also didn't know that's where Kay Adams is now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:08 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Nick Wright's show absolutely nailed chemistry when they got rid of Jenna Wolf. Wildes is goofy, funny, and has an actual personality. He's involved with all of the show-specific jokes and running bits. When he gets crap slung at him by Nick, he doesn't back down and ignore, but he's also not angry or defensive. And that's what enables them to bring on boring ass guests like Mangini and not let all the air go out of the room.

Your anchor needs to do more than just read the questions and tell everybody when it's time to go to commercial. That chick with the nice boobs who hosts Thkyiup and Shannon doesn't do anything. She's not even there. I know Jamie Erdahl is involved in the topics and conversations (so was Kay Adams) but you've got to be able to wear the "it's my segment!" hat and bring the energy when you're on.
Dead on - Wildes is an AMAZING complement to Wright and I'm not sure Wright works worth a damn without him. At least not on a national level.

He needs that straight man so badly and he needs someone who's a natural foil for him (Pats fan). Hell, those two are so good they make me not hate Chris Broussard.

You have two personalities in Erdahl and McCourty that seem more like mediators than actual contributors. Well, Erdahl does - McCourty just exists.

I doubt they could win a bidding war for Mina Kimes, but that's the kind of person they need to have in that chair.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:18 AM 03-22-2023
Interesting question here. If worst case scenario happens and we don’t win another ring with Patrick, the whole “they wasted Mahomes” narrative can’t be a thing right?

Only Brady, Montana, Bradshaw and Aikman have more than 2 and Tom is the only one to do it on a team that had to deal with the salary cap.

Seems like he’s right on the line of the greats. Like the worst he can do now is be Peyton Manning.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:31 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Interesting question here. If worst case scenario happens and we don’t win another ring with Patrick, the whole “they wasted Mahomes” narrative can’t be a thing right?

Only Brady, Montana, Bradshaw and Aikman have more than 2 and Tom is the only one to do it on a team that had to deal with the salary cap.

Seems like he’s right on the line of the greats. Like the worst he can do now is be Peyton Manning.
Don't underestimate the power of braindead sports narratives
[Reply]
treeguy27 11:35 AM 03-22-2023
Jamie Erdahl is brutal. At first I thought she wasn't too bad and I was judging her too harshly by comparing her to Kay Adams. But after a whole season of her I've come to the realization that she just sucks. She brings absolutely no insight to the show and her voice is grating when she gets worked up.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:39 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Hell, he's already surpassed Manning by not taking forever to win his first ring, and he'll never be labeled a "playoff choke artist".
[Reply]
Balto 11:46 AM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by treeguy27:
Jamie Erdahl is brutal. At first I thought she wasn't too bad and I was judging her too harshly by comparing her to Kay Adams. But after a whole season of her I've come to the realization that she just sucks. She brings absolutely no insight to the show and her voice is grating when she gets worked up.
:-)

THANK YOU! I can't stand Erdahl but it really went down hill when she actually predicted that the Chiefs would not even make the playoffs last season! Then afterwards she tries to backpedal. Most female anchors I really don't mind but she has one of those faces/attitudes that "If she was a guy" you'd punch it!
[Reply]
Hayneplane 01:13 PM 03-22-2023
Erdahl is significantly fitter than Kay Adams imo.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:26 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Hell, he's already surpassed Manning by not taking forever to win his first ring, and he'll never be labeled a "playoff choke artist".
Peyton Manning was undeniably carried by Denver's defense for his second ring. Arguably true with the Colts defense for his first ring too. Low passer rating of 70-75 on a scale of 158 in the Playoffs across both championship runs for Peyton.

Mahomes was 111/158 in the Playoffs for the first championship run and 115/158 in the Playoffs for the second championship run. Nobody can accuse Mahomes of being carried by his defense.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:03 PM 03-22-2023
Originally Posted by Hayneplane:
Erdahl is significantly fitter than Kay Adams imo.
you're full of shit

[Reply]
Page 2455 of 2688
« First < 1455195523552405244524512452245324542455 2456245724582459246525052555 > Last »
Up