ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 226 of 256
« First < 126176216222223224225226 227228229230236 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:55 PM 08-07-2023

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:47 PM 08-08-2023
I beat Rogue Legacy 2 today. Great game in the metroidvania universe. The story isn't as good at the Ori games or Hollow Knight but the gameplay is great.
[Reply]
Fish 09:15 PM 08-08-2023
Decided to try Baldur's Gate 3. Man, it's been a while since I've played a turn based game. Took some getting used to. Got 3 people in my group. Finally figuring out the overcomplicated GUI. Progressing through the map. Found a frog that I could interact with. Got a good roll to communicate with this frog. And it commenced to annihilate my entire party.

:-)
[Reply]
hometeam 10:47 AM 08-09-2023
Me ands my friends are having an insane amount of fun on bg3. You can do absolutely anything you can think of.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:36 PM 08-09-2023
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Me ands my friends are having an insane amount of fun on bg3. You can do absolutely anything you can think of.
The more I hear the more stoked I am getting for this game. Can't wait to get it.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 07:34 AM 08-10-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Decided to try Baldur's Gate 3. Man, it's been a while since I've played a turn based game. Took some getting used to. Got 3 people in my group. Finally figuring out the overcomplicated GUI. Progressing through the map. Found a frog that I could interact with. Got a good roll to communicate with this frog. And it commenced to annihilate my entire party.

Should have read this before I came across that darn addled frog.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 07:39 AM 08-10-2023
Fun times in BG3:

- broke through a floor into a dungeon below, jumped down to surprise a group of enemies. Immediately shot a flame arrow into a oil barrel close by, blew all of them up but one. I then shoved him backwards into the fire that was left, and he burned to death.

- took out a group of enemies from the rafters using my Rouge without them ever seeing me. Sneak attack, hide. Sneak attack hide.

- killed a drow boss. She hit like a truck and wiped my party a few times. I got a lucky break when she stopped kn a wooden bridge over a chasm. I nuked the bridge, dropping her to her death. Though that meant I didn't get any loot.

- the bugbear troll barn scene. They were not happy I opened that door.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 07:41 AM 08-10-2023
how much animal anthropomorphy can I expect in Baldurs Gate?

(not counting stuff like druid spells which is a D&D game feature)
[Reply]
Rausch 05:06 PM 08-10-2023

Ok, now I wanna' try it. It's a turn based RPG?
[Reply]
Rausch 05:15 PM 08-10-2023
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Recieved my Boulder's Gate 3 key today. Bought the collector edition that comes with the cloth map, book, and drizzt/mindflayer statue.

Just a little over a week away from release.
I'm glad this is doing well. The turn based style is nearly dead. I prefer it over the hack-n-slash shit's everywhere ADD style a lot of games have moved to.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:40 PM 08-10-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Not in the traditional RPG sense.

Its exactly like divinity original sin, or something like the turn based mode in Baldurs gate 1 and 2, Pillars of eternity, etc
[Reply]
Fish 09:49 PM 08-10-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Yeah, it's turn based. There's even a short cutscene where you actually roll a 20 sided die for specific interactions. Like communicating with a murder frog.

It's a very smartly developed game. There's a really complex team approval system where your actions in the game can make your companions like/hate you. Little stuff you wouldn't have given a second thought about, like wearing specific jewelry or mask that has some kind of religious or cultural meaning to a specific companion, and they will get all pissy and threaten to leave the group. Many enemy encounters you can talk your way out of. Or just go straight Leroy Jenkins, that works too. You can approach quests just about any way you want, but there might be many different consequences.

It can be frustrating at first, because there's just so many different options. Battle can be really complicated with your many dozens of spells/attacks/actions/etc. And the navigation is kinda weird. You pan the camera around with the normal keyboard keys, and point and click with the mouse as to where you want your characters to go. That took some getting used to for me. And once you enter turn based battle, you fight to the death. Either you win, or your entire party dies. You can't take on a battle, and then change your mind.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:21 PM 08-11-2023
Yeah, it's turn based. There's even a short cutscene where you actually roll a 20 sided die for specific interactions. Like communicating with a murder frog.

It's a very smartly developed game. There's a really complex team approval system where your actions in the game can make your companions like/hate you. Little stuff you wouldn't have given a second thought about, like wearing specific jewelry or mask that has some kind of religious or cultural meaning to a specific companion, and they will get all pissy and threaten to leave the group. Many enemy encounters you can talk your way out of. Or just go straight Leroy Jenkins, that works too. You can approach quests just about any way you want, but there might be many different consequences.

It can be frustrating at first, because there's just so many different options. Battle can be really complicated with your many dozens of spells/attacks/actions/etc. And the navigation is kinda weird. You pan the camera around with the normal keyboard keys, and point and click with the mouse as to where you want your characters to go. That took some getting used to for me. And once you enter turn based battle, you fight to the death. Either you win, or your entire party dies. You can't take on a battle, and then change your mind.

You can actually flee, if you get far enough away during your turns and hit the little flee thing on the bottom right of the UI. I have never done it, but it could be done~
[Reply]
Fish 10:45 PM 08-11-2023
Originally Posted by hometeam:
You can actually flee, if you get far enough away during your turns and hit the little flee thing on the bottom right of the UI. I have never done it, but it could be done~
I swear I tried that several times, and never made it work. Even with my main character hitting the "Disengage" button. Maybe I need to look into it again, because that was frustrating as hell. Thanks.
[Reply]
hometeam 11:18 PM 08-11-2023
I swear I tried that several times, and never made it work. Even with my main character hitting the "Disengage" button. Maybe I need to look into it again, because that was frustrating as hell. Thanks.
You have to be pretty far away
[Reply]
Page 226 of 256
« First < 126176216222223224225226 227228229230236 > Last »
Up