ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2015 of 3903
« First < 1015151519151965200520112012201320142015 201620172018201920252065211525153015 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 06:30 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
You are out of your mind. Unemployment benefits are not enough to save those in LA. Whole families being thrown on the street....... How long till someone says enough and pulls a gun.

You are insane...
Points are valid. Despair can lead to crime...but it hasn't so far. So far crime has dramatically been reduced. Many are claiming suicide rates could be higher during this, well car accidents, accidental deaths and crime are all way down too.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:31 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Florida hasn’t been hit hard either, despite not implementing the draconian lockdown measures.

Florida has a lower total cases and deaths # than California and their cases and death rate, factoring in the population difference is about the same.
California has a per capita death rate that is 15.2% lower while actually reporting all of their deaths, unlike Florida.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 06:34 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Three7s:
I recall SARS dying out because it mutated into a form where it killed much quicker, but also made it harder to spread, as you just described. That's probably what we'll have to hope for because I have zero confidence in a vaccine at this point.
Why scientifically zero confidence in a vaccine outside of the fact we’ve never had a coronavirus vaccine? If that’s the reason for zero confidence, have you reviewed the science on where they are at on this one and still have zero confidence in a vaccine? Sincere questions.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:35 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Points are valid.
They are NOT valid.

There's been a 90 day hold on any and all evictions in California and that will extend as long as the state continues to extend the lockdowns. There's also been a 90 day forbearance available for mortgage payments. All anyone needs to do is fill out the paperwork.

That said, the Governor needs a plan, something that he doesn't seem to have forged at this point because he keeps vacillating between keeping everything closed, and opening up certain segments of the economy.

If that continues, people will lose faith in his leadership and begin ignoring his orders, which could lead to problems.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:37 PM 05-12-2020
Well unless people can pick up the Rona from a fish, you should be good, if people are smart enough to social distance.
They also hit local gas stations, grocery stores, beer stores etc. I have no worries about the fishing or boating unless they crowd the boat launches . We get a lot from Toronto or harder hit areas.

I actually plan on getting some fishing in myself I think I got out twice last year even though I have a cottage on a lake, not many fishermen on my lake which is nice it is full of smallmouth , most people here go for walleye mostly.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:40 PM 05-12-2020
BTW, weren't we supposed to be at 3,000+ deaths a day right now? Or was that later this month?
[Reply]
Bwana 06:40 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think that people will comply, as long as the beaches, trails and parks are open. Social Distancing will be much more difficult when millions of people are allowed to resume their normal outdoor activities but I think most people will continue to follow the orders as much as possible.

I've mentioned this earlier in the thread but more than 60% of people I've seen driving, whether it's been on my street or in Hollywood or on the freeways, have been wearing a mask in their cars.

As for guns? :-)

I have only seen that once here. Thank God I was at a stop light, because I was laughing so hard I probably would have driven off the road, if that weren't the case. I mean, WTF do they think is going to happen inside a car? Get attacked by the Rona through the air vents?
[Reply]
jdubya 06:47 PM 05-12-2020
A month ago in my neighborhood it looked like a ghost town. Today traffic is heavy, parks are full, skateboard park had 50-75 kids in it.....I think much of California has stopped listening to Gruesome Newsome
[Reply]
JakeLV 06:48 PM 05-12-2020
I have only seen that once here. Thank God I was at a stop light, because I was laughing so hard I probably would have driven off the road, if that weren't the case. I mean, WTF do they think is going to happen inside a car? Get attacked by the Rona through the air vents?
The idea is to not to much your mask after you’ve touched potentially contaminated surfaces. IE, getting in your car, you touch your car door, keys, steering wheel, shifter, etc. and if your not wiping those down after every time you come home, then you might put on a mask that’s also contaminated
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:48 PM 05-12-2020
Driving by yourself or people you live with and wearing a mask while in your vehicle seems beyond overkill/stupid.
[Reply]
Bwana 06:57 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by JakeLV:
The idea is to not to much your mask after you’ve touched potentially contaminated surfaces. IE, getting in your car, you touch your car door, keys, steering wheel, shifter, etc. and if your not wiping those down after every time you come home, then you might put on a mask that’s also contaminated
I have a big bottle of hand sanitizer in the center council of my truck to take care of that. I open the door, hit my hands and keys with sanitizer, shut my door from the inside and I'm on my way. If I had a mask on, I would implement that into the ritual as not to contaminate anything. I mean to each their own, but around here, wearing a mask in a car is to put it mildly, overkill.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:01 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
They also hit local gas stations, grocery stores, beer stores etc. I have no worries about the fishing or boating unless they crowd the boat launches . We get a lot from Toronto or harder hit areas.

I actually plan on getting some fishing in myself I think I got out twice last year even though I have a cottage on a lake, not many fishermen on my lake which is nice it is full of smallmouth , most people here go for walleye mostly.
This is a good time to bring up the Chiefs Planet Noob Ambassador Program.

Basically during a new members first year on CP he's obligated to provide lodging for long time members who happen to be traveling through their neck of the woods.

Yea, it's been voted on and all, so it's official.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:01 PM 05-12-2020
It may look funny but it is considered best practice to not remove your masks once you left your house if you planon making stops and leaving the vehicle etc.. risk contamination from handling the mask .
[Reply]
JakeLV 07:03 PM 05-12-2020
I have a big bottle of hand sanitizer in the center council of my truck to take care of that. I open the door, hit my hands and keys with sanitizer, shut my door from the inside and I'm on my way. If I had a mask on, I would implement that into the ritual as not to contaminate anything. I mean to each their own, but around here, wearing a mask in a car is to put it mildly, overkill.
... you guys still have hand sanitizer? :-)

I hear ya. I’m definitely on the extreme end of the spectrum. But, I’m happy to look like a jackass for my own piece of mind.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:06 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It may look funny but it is considered best practice to not remove your masks once you left your house if you planon making stops and leaving the vehicle etc.. risk contamination from handling the mask .
Your phone, car/house keys, sunglasses. etc. are likely just as contaminated.
[Reply]
Page 2015 of 3903
« First < 1015151519151965200520112012201320142015 201620172018201920252065211525153015 > Last »
Up