ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 978 of 2688
« First < 478878928968974975976977978 9799809819829881028107814781978 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:15 PM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
No way I would trade Mahomes for another unproven player. Russell Wilson is the guy. Young enough to still have many quality years left, no injury history like Aaron Rodgers...but Russell is also extremely accomplished and already a HOFer.

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:27 PM 09-15-2018
Man, we really are lucky that Patrick is as mature as he is...

Matt Miller tweeted about Baker Mayfield today and how a scout told him that he’d be worried that Baker’s success was mostly tied to coaching (due to Kyler Murray’s success), and Baker couldn’t even ignore it. Had to tweet back. Couldn’t get it through his thick head and just prove it himself.

You don’t want that guy as your franchise QB. Thin skin.

This link will take you to the original tweets and Baker’s response right below —> https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/st...876485120?s=21
[Reply]
DRM08 08:33 PM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Matt Miller tweeted about Baker Mayfield today and how a scout told him that he’d be worried that Baker’s success was mostly tied to coaching, and Baker couldn’t even ignore it. Had to tweet back. Couldn’t get it through his thick head and just prove it himself.

I'm not going to ever bet against Mayfield again. He was a turnover machine as a freshman for Tech. Turned into a hell of a player at Oklahoma, much more efficient with the ball. Much more accurate with ball placement. He has proven a lot of people wrong and it wouldn't surprise me if that continues.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:37 PM 09-15-2018
I'm not going to ever bet against Mayfield again. He was a turnover machine as a freshman for Tech. Turned into a hell of a player at Oklahoma, much more efficient with the ball. Much more accurate with ball placement. He has proven a lot of people wrong and it wouldn't surprise me if that continues.
He very well may be good. Who knows. But I don’t wanna see that nonsense from the guy who is supposed to be the face of my franchise for 15 years.

Don’t like the tweets or quotes doubting you? Let it motivate you in the right ways. Get in your playbook a little extra. Whatever you’ve gotta do. But it’s the day before they meet the Saints in New Orleans and this guy is worried about a tweet from Matt Miller..

Just a bad look, IMO. Right now, Baker is merely Tyrod’s backup. Dude needs to just stop reading people’s takes on him and focus on taking that job.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:40 PM 09-15-2018
Also, no offense DRM, but you helped to push Miller and this anonymous scout’s point. If he was bad at Tech and then got a lot better at OU, maybe it was mostly coaching? :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:40 PM 09-15-2018
I get the idea that Patrick doesn't give a shit about any of that.

He just wants to play football, be great at it, and win.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:41 PM 09-15-2018

Matt Miller tweeted about Baker Mayfield today and how a scout told him that he’d be worried that Baker’s success was mostly tied to coaching (due to Kyler Murray’s success), and Baker couldn’t even ignore it. Had to tweet back. Couldn’t get it through his thick head and just prove it himself.

This link will take you to the original tweets and Baker’s response right below —> https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/st...876485120?s=21
He is a rich daddy’s boy whose father owns a financial firm in Austin. I have never liked that dumb ****.

It’s amazing that people are all over that guys nuts for playing well against 3rd stringers in preseason. So did Trubisky last year and look at what happened?
[Reply]
DRM08 08:45 PM 09-15-2018
Also, no offense DRM, but you helped to push Miller and this anonymous scout’s point. If he was bad at Tech and then got a lot better at OU, maybe it was mostly coaching? :-)
Oh yes it's looking to me like Tech should have hired Lincoln Riley when they had the chance instead of Kingsbury. Lincoln has had a big time impact on both Mayfield and now Murray (who looked like crap at A&M).
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:47 PM 09-15-2018
That’s the kind of stuff that Ryan Leaf would have been doing if Twitter had existed 20 years ago IMO. Honestly.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:05 PM 09-15-2018
No way I would trade Mahomes for another unproven player. Russell Wilson is the guy. Young enough to still have many quality years left, no injury history like Aaron Rodgers...but Russell is also extremely accomplished and already a HOFer.

[Reply]
BossChief 09:06 PM 09-15-2018
If Marino, Kermit, Favre and Elway had a baby, that baby would be Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:07 PM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You don't think Wilson is going to the HOF? Passer rating close to 100, TD to INT ratio pretty close to Brady's. Super Bowl champ. He's got another decade to keep piling up the stats.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:08 PM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If his leg isn’t ****ed, Carson Wentz.

That’s it
I love Wentz, really love Wentz, and no fucking way do I trade Mahomes for Wentz and a 1st rounder.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:08 PM 09-15-2018
You don't think Wilson is going to the HOF? Passer rating close to 100, TD to INT ratio pretty close to Brady's. Super Bowl champ. He's got another decade to keep piling up the stats.
Way too soon to say that. If Wilson stopped playing today he wouldnt be in the HoF so no he isn't already a HoFer.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:09 PM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I know this sounds crazy and we’re buying into a lot of hype at the local highs, but what QB right now would you trade Mahomes for? What WR would you trade Hill for? TE for Kelce?

Not sure there’s anyone.
I can't think of anyone.
[Reply]
Page 978 of 2688
« First < 478878928968974975976977978 9799809819829881028107814781978 > Last »
Up