ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 969 of 2688
« First < 469869919959965966967968969 9709719729739791019106914691969 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
staylor26 06:44 PM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Glorious

Man, I’m so scared to crown the guy too soon “Because Chiefs”, but that gut feeling just gets stronger and stronger on a daily basis.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:44 PM 09-12-2018
I mean sit here and think about that man.

That's his first friggin' real NFL game.

And he just looked at Kelce like "do you feel in charge?" And he did that because he knows he can back it up on the field.

We're going to the fucking Super Bowl, man.

[Reply]
Coogs 07:07 PM 09-12-2018
I mean sit here and think about that man.

That's his first friggin' real NFL game.

And he just looked at Kelce like "do you feel in charge?" And he did that because he knows he can back it up on the field.

We're going to the ****ing Super Bowl, man.
Second real NFL game. Without the first one, Smith is still on this team... and maybe the starter against the Chargers last Sunday.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:10 PM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
One thing thats not being talked about with him, is how amazingly natural he looked with the ball fakes, he is like some kind of damn wizard with that stuff already

It wasnt just the camera guys getting fooled, it was the Chargers, me, you and everyone else... give Reid credit for designing all that futuristic razzle dazzle, but give Money the credit for actually pulling it all off, all game long

Incredible ball skills, the kid is a magician
I've talked about it a ton.

Shit I was raving about it during the game
[Reply]
staylor26 07:16 PM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Second real NFL game. Without the first one, Smith is still on this team... and maybe the starter against the Chargers last Sunday.
Not true at all.

Smith was gone whether Pat played in week 17 or not. There were rumors we even considered trading Alex after seeing Mahomes in TC.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 07:20 PM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not true at all.

Smith was gone whether Pat played in week 17 or not. There were rumors we even considered trading Alex after seeing Mahomes in TC.
Schefter confirmed that fact
[Reply]
Coogs 07:23 PM 09-12-2018
Not true at all.

I stand corrected.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:27 PM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
One thing thats not being talked about with him, is how amazingly natural he looked with the ball fakes, he is like some kind of damn wizard with that stuff already

It wasnt just the camera guys getting fooled, it was the Chargers, me, you and everyone else... give Reid credit for designing all that futuristic razzle dazzle, but give Money the credit for actually pulling it all off, all game long

Incredible ball skills, the kid is a magician
He is The Natural.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 08:03 PM 09-12-2018
Mahomes just has to do what Alex did last season, 26 TDs in 15 games, to tie the franchise record of 30 passing TDs in a season.

He's gunna break it his first year isn't he?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:11 PM 09-12-2018
This is beautiful prose:

Originally Posted by :
Patrick Mahomes II, Kansas City Chiefs

If you’re already nauseated by the idea of a runaway Sam Darnold hype-train, prepare yourself for the Patrick Mahomes experience. Mahomes isn’t here to please a fan-base; he’s out to save the sport.

That may sound like hyperbole. I promise you it’s not.

Mahomes is certainly the most fun quarterback in the league, non-Aaron Rodgers division. The first-time starter averaged – averaged! – 12.44 yards per attempt against the Chargers. According to Pro Football Focus’ Mike Renner, Mahomes’s average depth of target was 14.6 yards per pass on Sunday. The highest mark in the last decade over a season was 13.4

Chiefs coach Andy Reid has embraced new-age, spread-option football more than any other coach in the professional game. Reid is, ostensibly, running the kind of offense you see from college sides on Saturday, featuring all kinds of pre-snap movement and post-snap option designs. It’s all about pace-and-space: pushing the ball to perimeter and letting guys with lethal speed takeover.

Mahomes really makes the thing sing. All those creative wrinkles are added to Mahomes’ innate bombs-away style. Only Rodgers can match Mahomes’ natural arm talent, and his ability to launch the ball downfield from unconventional release points.

What’s more, Mahomes is willing to sling the thing down the field play after play after the play. And he has the creativity and vision to be a playmaker inside and outside the pocket.

The NFL is besotted by ball-control passing designs that shuffle the ball downfield and act as an extension of the run game. Not Mahomes; he cuts against the NFL’s grain. Pairing his arm with the speed of Tyreek Hill, DeAnthony Thomas and Kareem Hunt is devastating to a defense:

betz
(@alltwentytwo)
my son pic.twitter.com/iFGILudMDp

September 9, 2018
Plays like that are flat-out unfair. Mahomes tossed four touchdowns with no interceptions in LA on Sunday. Get used to it, we’re going to be seeing those stat-lines for a long, long time.

[Reply]
Pants 08:11 PM 09-12-2018
Not true at all.

You know Smith realized his fate was sealed as soon as he saw Pat launch a ballistic missile for the first time.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:38 PM 09-12-2018
7:15 more jizzing over Mahomie

I actually nearly cried over this one.

Colin has given us dap in the past, and commentators when KC has been good have always said the same thing: "Arrowhead will be rocking... best smelling parking lot in the NFL..."

He and Vick for once touched on what it actually means to be a Chiefs fan (just briefly, but still significantly) when discussing how KC has been a football town for as long as it has. When Vick said, "And it's not some trade..." I almost lost it.

The NATIONAL media finally spoke truth to power when it comes to the plight of the Chiefs fan.

Mahomes has changed everything for us and the way people talk about this team. And the mind-blowing part is I think most of us can't even comprehend how much better it's STILL going to get. There would be days when Peyton Manning's name was uttered EVERY DAY on a show like Pardon the Interruption. The who-gives-a-fuck town of Indianapolis was the most talked about NFL team because they had a star at QB.

We're about to learn and enjoy that kind of media coverage, guys. This Week 1 stuff is just a goddamn snowball on top of the iceberg.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:44 PM 09-12-2018
Meanwhile:

[Reply]
ModSocks 09:19 PM 09-12-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Meanwhile:

Oh thank ****ing god it's not Nike. Certain Chiefs fans would have to be on suicide watch.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:43 PM 09-12-2018
Seth has a great Mahomes article in the Athletic.
[Reply]
Page 969 of 2688
« First < 469869919959965966967968969 9709719729739791019106914691969 > Last »
Up