ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 31
< 12 345612 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:53 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
I agree. Every mock I do, has Cosmi falling to us at 31. There’s no certainty he will be there, but if he and Rousseau are there when we pick. I take Rousseau, then trade up with the Jags and grab Cosmi. Obviously, that’s all contingent on our FA approach, but I think the Chiefs need to be aggressive and get their target players, instead of runner-ups in the draft. I’ll take quality over quantity all day with our current roster.
After his pro day, Cosmi won't likely be there. He's pretty much solidified his spot as a top tackle.

And there's no need to trade up for a tackle if we get one in free agency. You don't just throw picks away like that.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 10:56 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
After his pro day, Cosmi won't likely be there. He's pretty much solidified his spot as a top tackle.

And there's no need to trade up for a tackle if we get one in free agency. You don't just throw picks away like that.
Most likely that will be the case now, which makes the pursuit of Williams even more intelligent. There’s some good OT prospects in the upcoming draft, but I’d rather see us protect the franchise with a proven, elite LT, with some of these OT’s stock rising for the upcoming draft.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 04:01 AM 03-16-2021
Walker Little sounds like the guy I want. Sounds like he has a really high ceiling. Is there any chance he will still be there for our 3rd round pick?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:21 AM 03-16-2021
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
Walker Little sounds like the guy I want. Sounds like he has a really high ceiling. Is there any chance he will still be there for our 3rd round pick?
Possibly, but probably not.

He'd be a great fit for a future LT.

IF we sign Williams though, it'd be premature to immediately draft his successor. Williams will be here for 3-4 years, and by the time he leaves you'd be at the end of Little's rookie contract.

But maybe.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:01 AM 03-16-2021
Every week there is a former NFL offensive line coach, Paul Alexander, that Pat Kerwan and Jim Miller have on their show on Sirius NFL Channel on the radio. They were going through the OT's yesterday, and Alexander is very high on Radunz form North Dakota State. Incredibly smart, and already know all of the moves of nearly every NFL DE. Alexander said that puts him way ahead of the curve. Said his technique is very good as well. I thought it sounded like a guy we would be interested in.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:17 PM 03-19-2021
We should really just sticky this thread and get familiar with the top 6-7. We are almost certainly taking an LT in the first; we don’t have the luxury of BPA this year, and it’s an okay year to have this particular need.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:51 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
We should really just sticky this thread and get familiar with the top 6-7. We are almost certainly taking an LT in the first; we don’t have the luxury of BPA this year, and it’s an okay year to have this particular need.
What are you going to do if they don't take an OT first?
[Reply]
Dante84 07:53 PM 03-20-2021
Be confused?
[Reply]
kccrow 10:30 PM 03-20-2021
If that coincides with no major FA signing and no trade for a LT, I hope you're a deeply religious man sending Pat prayers.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:19 PM 03-20-2021
So, Mel had Walker Little to us at 31 a month ago. His pro day was nails.

I'm beginning to think if you gotta take a chance, do it on Little at 31 over doing it on some of the guys being talked about later on.

Will Little be there at 63? The more I think about his performance at his pro day, the less I do. Obviously concerns about 2 years of no football but the football tape is good and the pro day measurements are elite.

Is Mel off his rocker? Am I?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:04 AM 03-21-2021
I think we should temper the excitement just a little bit. I like this tackle class, but of course everyone is going to have a good pro day.

Not everyone is going to rocket out of the Chiefs range.
[Reply]
O.city 07:27 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
So, Mel had Walker Little to us at 31 a month ago. His pro day was nails.

I'm beginning to think if you gotta take a chance, do it on Little at 31 over doing it on some of the guys being talked about later on.

Will Little be there at 63? The more I think about his performance at his pro day, the less I do. Obviously concerns about 2 years of no football but the football tape is good and the pro day measurements are elite.

Is Mel off his rocker? Am I?
It’s a weird spot I’m that 31 is probably too high and 63 is too low.

Maybe a qb falls and someone wants to trade up for him
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:40 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
It’s a weird spot I’m that 31 is probably too high and 63 is too low.

Maybe a qb falls and someone wants to trade up for him
It's very possible that Mac Jones falls and some team likes him but not enough to take him high or mid-first.

I could absolutely see Belichick liking him, for example.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:42 AM 03-21-2021
also-

this is the time of year when everyone's projections go haywire and everyone is ROCKETING UP in draft projections.

There's still just 32 guys in that can be first rounders.

Most teams are short on weapons. To compete with the Kansas City's of the league, you'll have to score points.
[Reply]
O.city 07:51 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It's very possible that Mac Jones falls and some team likes him but not enough to take him high or mid-first.

I could absolutely see Belichick liking him, for example.
Ideally you could trade down, pick up and extra 3rd and take a tackle.

I’m skeptical we can get a day one starting LT without trading UP for one but it’s not impossible
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03-21-2021, 07:58 AM
This message has been deleted by Chris Meck.
Page 2 of 31
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up