ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 31
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:31 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I really disagree on pass blocking being his strength and I can say confidently I'm very much not alone there. Agility issues, specifically opening and aligning his hips, and letting guys into his chest were huge problems. I think he has the ability to learn and get better there, but there's a difference between that and it being a strength.
that's not what any scouting reports I've read say.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:36 PM 04-01-2021
McShay has Sewell falling to the Chargers at 12 in his latest mock.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:37 PM 04-01-2021
It's just going to come down to who Veach and the coaching staff like.

I think there are several guys that fit the measurables and athletic ability they prefer. It's entirely possible that they WON'T like guys that are 'consensus' picks.

I think a project like a Little or a Forsythe may well be the pick, paired with a veteran on a short deal.

I doubt they take a guy and expect him to start right away.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:39 PM 04-01-2021
and honestly, maybe they take Jenkins or Brown in the second or third, put him at RT in camp to fight it out with Remmers and move Niang to LT. Maybe they think that projects well for them.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:41 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That puts Forsythe squarely in the conversation at #31.
Nope. Kccrow told me he’s a day 3 pick!

:-)

I don’t think he’s a 1st rounder at the end of the day, but he’s probably going somewhere on day 2.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:43 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I keep trying to tell everybody that Cosmi falling to 31 is a legitimate possibility...
[Reply]
kccrow 12:57 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
that's not what any scouting reports I've read say.
Here's some knocks for you. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a hell of a developmental guy but I'd be remiss if I didn't think he also has some serious flaws to work out before he is counted upon at the pro level. That said, I don't think he has major, uncorrectable shortcomings. Maybe an NFL coach thinks he can knock enough of the bad out of him in one training camp?

Originally Posted by :
he tends to overcompensate for his lack of lateral quickness by getting his upper body involved, which often leaves him off-balance and susceptible to inside counters.
Originally Posted by :
However, in some games, he showed weakness — both inside and out — against speed rushers.
Originally Posted by :
His Pass Blocking footwork is an absolute mess. Everything you can think to do wrong, he does at one point or another. Whether it's giving up a sack because his feet collide during his kick slide Or maybe Losing his balance because he turns his hips early.
Originally Posted by :
Cons: Little’s biggest warning sign is his lack of bend along the edge and the issues that he causes against more athletic pass rushers. This issue shows especially against pass rushers who use an inside move, which Little does very little to stop, essentially giving pass rushers a free lane to the quarterback, allowing six sacks in the four games of film I watched. Along with these issues Little doesn’t engage in blocks with enough power and strength to deter blockers or take defensive backs out of plays. Little’s flaws show in both the pass and run game, meaning teams should be wary of using a high selection on him.
Originally Posted by :
Little was a very complex study based on the hype surrounding him, in comparison to his play on the field...

Consistency is going to be the common theme here, but first, let's start with his feet. Little's footwork improved as the season went on, but I don't believe he will ever have the feet to be a natural fit on the blind side. That's not to say Little can't play there, but the more athletic pass rushers in the Pac-12 gave him some issues, and I just don't see him being able to consistently shut down the quicker edge rushers at the next level without help. As I've mentioned, Little took major steps forward in the second half of the year, but he can still get more consistent in a number of areas. For starters, he is not always on balance. Sometimes his footwork was too clunky, while other times his pad level was too high, but the result was him playing with poor balance, and that's a recipe for disaster. His balance also occasionally affected his ability to time his punch. Little is usually good about timing his punch accordingly in order to get the most out of his long arms, but when you don't have a good base, it makes this a much more difficult task.
Originally Posted by :
Little, in my opinion, saw some struggles in pass protection during his solid 2018 season, allowing double-digit pressures including six combined sacks and hits. He was also penalized five times, so I was really looking forward to him taking his skills to another level in 2019
Originally Posted by :
While Walker Little has good lateral agility and always seems to be in the right position he lacks the consistent balance and core strength to lock down defenders on a regular basis. Late in their game against Notre Dame really highlighted this as Little was abused by power moves that often left him knocked off balance and the defender being able to get quarterback hits which lead to two interceptions and another near pick. Whether it is having his feet too close to each other during his lateral slides or just lacking the anchor he’s too easily displaced by defenders.

[Reply]
kccrow 12:59 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nope. Kccrow told me he’s a day 3 pick!

:-)

I don’t think he’s a 1st rounder at the end of the day, but he’s probably going somewhere on day 2.
He should be about a round 4 guy. His feet are shit and his run blocking is near non-existent. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be on the radar or shouldn't be picked. Guys become starters in that range, even at LT. In fact, odds show if you aren't picking a LT by 23, do it in round 3 or 4.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:01 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Here's some knocks for you. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a hell of a developmental guy but I'd be remiss if I didn't think he also has some serious flaws to work out before he is counted upon at the pro level. That said, I don't think he has major, uncorrectable shortcomings. Maybe an NFL coach thinks he can knock enough of the bad out of him in one training camp?
fair enough.

I think those criticisms all say 'raw' to me, which I would expect. I'd also expect a Stanford kid to learn fast.
[Reply]
Coogs 01:17 PM 04-01-2021
Radunz graduated in December with a degree in engineering and management. I've seen several comparisons to the Packers Bryan Bulaga.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:52 AM 04-02-2021
Matt Miller’s latest mock.

31. Kansas City Chiefs
The Pick: OT Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State

A right tackle for the most part in college, Teven Jenkins told me last month that he’s comfortable playing on the left side. That’s music to the ears of the Kansas City Chiefs, who couldn’t reel in a free agent left tackle.

Jenkins is a powerful run blocker and mean finisher when he gets his hands on a defender. He also has the size and length to be effective cutting off the backside on all those beautiful Patrick Mahomes rollout passes.

Brett Veach could always surprise us with a wide receiver pick here, but Jenkins feels like a match of need and value they can’t ignore.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:57 AM 04-02-2021
I don't think Jenkins will make it to 31 but who knows. I think there may be some surprises on draft day. This may be one of the toughest draft classes to evaluate because of the opt-outs and limited play etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:36 AM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I don't think Jenkins will make it to 31 but who knows. I think there may be some surprises on draft day. This may be one of the toughest draft classes to evaluate because of the opt-outs and limited play etc.
I have a hard time seeing Jenkins at 31. He seems to be be emerging as the clear #4 tackle.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:44 AM 04-02-2021
The guy I think surprisingly (for some) falls to 31 is Cosmi.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:45 AM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The guy I think surprisingly (for some) falls to 31 is Cosmi.
Yeah, I can see it now. It's going to be interesting.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 31
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up