ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 254 of 341
« First < 154204244250251252253254 255256257258264304 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
bdj23 03:32 PM 11-07-2020
I know we aren't supposed to talk politics on this side of the board, but what's the general consensus on Biden and his "buy back/ban" idea?

If this is gonna trigger a shit storm, feel free to delete. Just trying to get an idea without Rodeo shitting all over the thread.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 03:35 PM 11-07-2020
Bought another 1k rounds of 556 and 500 rounds of 357 sig this am
Have a bid in on 1k rounds of 10m as well.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:05 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Bought another 1k rounds of 556 and 500 rounds of 357 sig this am
Have a bid in on 1k rounds of 10m as well.
I'd like some more .556 myself. Did you get it online? Everywhere around here is dried up like the Sahara. I don't even want to go to the range and waste my surplus right now.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:05 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I know we aren't supposed to talk politics on this side of the board, but what's the general consensus on Biden and his "buy back/ban" idea?

If this is gonna trigger a shit storm, feel free to delete. Just trying to get an idea without Rodeo shitting all over the thread.

No, that's not off enough to piss most people off, although there is one douche (who has never posted in this thread) that likes reporting stuff like this.

It's a legitimate question. I think what it's going to boil down to is what happens in the senate. As of now, people are buying up ammo and AR/AK's like it's their last chance to get their hands on one, which I highly doubt. Any time I can dump them at twice the price I paid three months ago without the buyers blinking, people are spooked and hedging their bets.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:07 PM 11-07-2020
I guess my last hope is that China becomes a preferred provider here in a few months.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:07 PM 11-07-2020
And need an opinion - tactical grip on the barrel. Yea or nay? I like them, but I've had a surprising number of people tell me they're just a waste of money.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:11 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'd like some more .556 myself. Did you get it online? Everywhere around here is dried up like the Sahara. I don't even want to go to the range and waste my surplus right now.

I sold 200 of my brass rounds to a guy that bought one of my AR's at .60 a round and it pained me to do so. I wanted the guy to be able to shoot his new gun, so I did him a solid. I am friends with his parents. With that said, I still wouldn't part with any of my .556. :-)
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 04:17 PM 11-07-2020
Gunbroker.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:18 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I guess my last hope is that China becomes a preferred provider here in a few months.
Like for importing firearms and ammo? I thought we banned Chinese imports ages ago.

I have a bunch of China Sport norinco SKS ammo my dad picked up at a gun show in the 90s.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:27 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
I’m actually pretty lucky, she puts up with me somehow. She actually had never been around guns until we met in our 30s and is a Democrat to be honest. I have turned her into a gun loving, hunting Democrat though. Along with some of her friends, so I’m pretty lucky that she lets me buy as many as I do.
:-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:51 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
No, that's not off enough to piss most people off, although there is one douche (who has never posted in this thread) that likes reporting stuff like this

It's a legitimate question. I think what it's going to boil down to is what happens in the senate. As of now, people are buying up ammo and AR/AK's like it's their last chance to get their hands on one, which I highly doubt. Any time I can dump them at twice the price I paid three months ago without the buyers blinking, people are spooked and hedging their bets.
The politics of gun ownership makes an occasional appearance in this thread, and has never once gotten any where close to out of control. The responsible gun owners in this thread are equally responsible in the discussing the politics of the subject. Go figure.

As to the the current political situation - with an already decided Trump win (which is where we were headed early election night) we start the path back to normalcy. If Biden ends up with the..... (ok... I was about to get a little too political and am catching myself as I type it) if Biden ends up the actual winner you can say goodbye to normalcy for a long time, if ever. As bad as it was during much of the Obama years it will be worse now if for no other reason than it was already in a really bad way.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:58 PM 11-07-2020
I just don't feel like winding up a felon for something that sits in a safe and collects dust
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:12 PM 11-07-2020

Originally Posted by Bwana:
No, that's not off enough to piss most people off, although there is one douche (who has never posted in this thread) that likes reporting stuff like this.

I agree here. I think we’re OK as long as Republicans keep the senate. I will be writing my senators and representatives when the races are settled.

And need an opinion - tactical grip on the barrel. Yea or nay? I like them, but I've had a surprising number of people tell me they're just a waste of money.
Vertical grip?
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:42 PM 11-07-2020
I just don't feel like winding up a felon for something that sits in a safe and collects dust
Great. They’re hoping that all of us feel exactly the same way so that we will give up and roll over like cowards.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:46 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I agree here. I think we’re OK as long as Republicans keep the senate. I will be writing my senators and representatives when the races are settled.

Vertical grip?
He’s Talking about a fore-end pistol grip or T-grip. Some people like them, however I’ve read stories about accidents that have occurred with cheaper ones. Apparently after hard use, they can actually snap off. And there have been a couple cases of people shooting their own hand as it travels past the muzzle while holding a broken piece of polymer. So buy a really good one.
[Reply]
Page 254 of 341
« First < 154204244250251252253254 255256257258264304 > Last »
Up