ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's all wildly speculate about playcalling.
Direckshun 08:58 AM 12-06-2021
So it has seemed that the playcalling is off this year, no question. It has led a lot of people to speculate that Andy Reid is not making all of the calls.

I personally was not in those ranks; I didn't think there was any chance the Chiefs, who just signed a franchise QB to a half a billion dollar contract, would change up playcalling during a Super Bowl window.

But I do think the Mahomes/Bienemy spat on the sideline gave the game away (because why yell at Bienemy if you hate the playcalls?). And just so you don't think I started a thread based on only my intuition, my suspicions were echoed by extremely sharp Chiefs analysts Tod Palmer and Nick Jacobs on their "4th & 1" podcast. They don't think Reid is calling all the plays.

There is some circumstantial evidence to that. The Chiefs have been run-happier-than-usual on 2nd & longs for much of the season.

We've also seen Mahomes demand plays coming in repeatedly this year, which I've suspected was a kind of angst or anxiety but I think what's happening there is Bienemy's playcalling rhythms may be slower than Reid's, with whom Pat's synced up with for years.

I think I read Mahomes' lips during the sideline spat, saying "call the fucking play" and "call it." Which could very well be a dispute over the playcalling itself, or really just the rhythm.

Either way, that may account for some wonkiness in Mahomes' play this year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:57 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I hope not. Even the SB win the offense wasn't very good. The loss speaks for itself.
Maybe he should just resign and get it over with.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:46 AM 12-08-2021
I hope not. Even the SB win the offense wasn't very good. The loss speaks for itself.
I'm sorry, but did you just try to pass off erasing a 10 point deficit with 6 minutes to go in the game against the leagues #1 defense as "not very good"?

I wonder what it takes to impress.

The superbowl loss, reinforces my point for this season.

Take away our errors. Us just flat out failing to do basic fundamental things, like catching the footballs thrown to us, that hit us in the hands or face mask.

Or simply be aware that you're the wide open hot read on a blitz and turn your head to look for the ball.

We win the superbowl by 10.

All the Britt Reid drum bangers and complaining about Andy in the sb failed to understand that the gameplan we went in there with was good enough to win.

Hill dropped a td.

Kelce dropped a 3rd down gimme that led to a shank punt.

Hardman had his head up his ass on what would have been a walk in td.

Robinson dropped a td.

Pringle missed a td opportunity.

Darrel Williams ruined the most legendary superman throw of all time dropping the td pass that hit him in the face mask.

In that game, just as we have all season, we beat ourselves. Failure to execute.

Hands of stone, head up ass, I mean take your pick, if it was able to be screwed up, we screwed it up.

Had little to do with Andy or his playcalling. He put the boys in position to score several times, and we didn't even get a single td.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:48 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
I wonder what it takes to impress.
Martyball is pretty impressive according to him.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:48 AM 12-08-2021
Reid needs to be on their ass this week about drops. That is the only thing holding this offense back. It was true against Dallas, too.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:59 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
It feels like Tyreek is upset he cant catch any deep balls and he's lost focus
Where do you get that? He’s having a hella productive season. Better explanation is that he is a speed receiver asked to make a ton more catches in traffic like a possesssion receiver. Because he’s been so good for so long anywhere on the field I think we sometimes forget that he’s still a smallish receiver. I don’t think he’s upset. It may be very possible that he’s more weary of the big hit.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:47 PM 12-08-2021
Locked on Chiefs podcast. Whatever host it is is talking to Matt Derrick and implies that Andy may want to take the reigns back because its the raiders. Sounds like he means playcalling and first 15 script.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:48 PM 12-08-2021
But there's nothing wrong with playcalling...
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:08 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Locked on Chiefs podcast. Whatever host it is is talking to Matt Derrick and implies that Andy may want to take the reigns back because its the raiders. Sounds like he means playcalling and first 15 script.
Who does Matt Derrick think is calling the plays?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:09 PM 12-08-2021
The offense in the Super Bowl was very good.

They ended up losing so they aren't remembered fondly, but that 2019 49ers defense was statistically just a step below a lot of those top 10 all-time defenses. That defensive line alone was probably the best one of the decade, which is impressive.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Where do you get that? He’s having a hella productive season. Better explanation is that he is a speed receiver asked to make a ton more catches in traffic like a possesssion receiver. Because he’s been so good for so long anywhere on the field I think we sometimes forget that he’s still a smallish receiver. I don’t think he’s upset. It may be very possible that he’s more weary of the big hit.
He definitely avoids contact whenever he can, as he should.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:15 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The offense in the Super Bowl was very good.

They ended up losing so they aren't remembered fondly, but that 2019 49ers defense was statistically just a step below a lot of those top 10 all-time defenses. That defensive line alone was probably the best one of the decade, which is impressive.
Don't bother.
[Reply]
wachashi 02:17 PM 12-08-2021
Reid was asked a question during Monday's press conference about why the offense looks so dominant on opening drives but is for the most part unable to replicate that level of execution afterward.

His answer was drops, penalties, and turnovers. He didn't say a word about play calling or game planning.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:22 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
His answer was drops, penalties, and turnovers. He didn't say a word about play calling or game planning.
Not much coaches can do about bad execution.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:27 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Not much coaches can do about bad execution.
Dafuq. Getting their team to execute at maximum efficiency is literally their job.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:29 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Dafuq. Getting their team to execute at maximum efficiency is literally their job.
I disagree. You want better execution, get more talented players.

Trouble is, our most talented players not executing.

Simple.

Mahomes, Tyreek and Kelce need to unfuck themselves.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up