ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 324
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
DJBILL 08:38 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by DJBILL:
OK ... This just in ...

As many of you on here know .. my next door neighbor is a long time high ranking Chiefs employee with over 15 years at One Arrowhead Drive.

Today he knocked on my door wanting to borrow my weed eater saying his wouldn't start.

While in my garage ... I brought up my favorite subject ... the KC Chiefs.

I specifically brought up the DeHop news and asked him if we had any chance to land him? This was his reply.

"Funny you should mention that because he's in KC NOW ... along with his agent !! He came in this afternoon for a physical ... and discussions were to start after that to see if we could reach an agreement"

He also said that Justin Reid was on the welcoming committee today (they were teammates in Houston) and that Patrick MaHomes, Coach Reid, Coach Nagy, Brett Veach, and Clark Hunt himself were involved with whatever was happening today ... and that plans might include dinner ... and negotiations continuing until a possible deal is reached. He stated that he didn't think KC would let him leave without signing.

I then asked ... "Where in the Hell is the money coming from"?

He said that the salary cap is all in how you manipulate it. But he did say there was a major player contract re-negotiation in the works that would free up space. He further said that information may start coming out Monday or Tuesday ... but that the Chiefs were ALL IN on signing DeHop.

This is information ONLY. Please don't shoot the messenger. I am seeking neither noteriety or clicks!

I'm just reporting what a trusted friend ... and long time emplyee of the Kansas City Chiefs told me today.

I have no skin in the game but kinda hope he's proven right.

**** UPDATE ****

I just got home from dinner with the next door neighbor and his wife. I asked him what was cooking in the DeHop situation.

Here’s what he said …

DeHop DID come into KC on Saturday as planned. He just finalized a deal with his new agent Kelton Crenshaw over the weekend. DeHop stayed with Justin Reid over the weekend. They were told to stay under the radar. A friend visiting a friend at that point … nothing illegal about that. But he’s in Kansas City.

Playing cautious … The Chiefs decided to wait until today to formally begin negotiations AFTER the league OFFICIALLY announced that DeHop had been released and was free to sign with any team immediately.

DeHop passed his Chiefs physical late today.

Kelton Crenshaw flew into KC this afternoon.

What happens from here is anybody’s guess. According to my source the Chiefs are still ALL In on signing the man. They are also finalizing not one … but TWO contract renegotiations to free up cap space. My guy is pretty sure the renegotiated contracts will be announced first … and if we reach an agreement with DeHop … it will come last.

And the NFL will cry huge tears ... and the Chiefs will win SB 58.

He also said that if an agreement isn’t reached … by flying under the radar the Chiefs don’t lose face in the eyes of the NFL and their fans. He also said that two local news media sources have actual footage of DeHop in Kansas City … but have been asked to hold the story until details develop.

My source better be right because I would hate making a fool out of myself on here … and I will NEVER quote him again in this forum.

But I’ve known this guy for years … his status is irrefutable … and I’m going with the flow by posting this.

Please don’t shoot the messenger.

I'm just reporting what a trusted friend told me tonight.

****er better be RIGHT!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:39 PM 05-30-2023
#1 on the charts and #1 in Hopkins heart LFG
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:41 PM 05-30-2023
**** UPDATE ****

I just got home from dinner with the next door neighbor and his wife. I asked him what was cooking in the DeHop situation.

Here’s what he said …

DeHop DID come into KC on Saturday as planned. He just finalized a deal with his new agent Kelton Crenshaw over the weekend. DeHop stayed with Justin Reid over the weekend. They were told to stay under the radar. A friend visiting a friend at that point … nothing illegal about that. But he’s in Kansas City.

Playing cautious … The Chiefs decided to wait until today to formally begin negotiations AFTER the league OFFICIALLY announced that DeHop had been released and was free to sign with any team immediately.

What happens from here is anybody’s guess. According to my source the Chiefs are still ALL In on signing the man. They are also finalizing not one … but TWO contract renegotiations to free up cap space. My guy is pretty sure the renegotiated contracts will be announced first … and if we reach an agreement with DeHop … it will come last.

He also said that if an agreement isn’t reached … by flying under the radar the Chiefs don’t lose face in the eyes of the NFL and their fans. He also said that two local news media sources have actual footage of DeHop in Kansas City … but have been asked to hold the story until details develop.

My source better be right because I would hate making a fool out of myself on here … and I will NEVER quote him again in this forum.

But I’ve known this guy for years … his status is irrefutable … and I’m going with the flow by posting this.

****er better be RIGHT!

Well, one thing for sure: if you're lying, you tell a heck of a good story. Either way, it's been fun to read your posts.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:47 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well, one thing for sure: if you're lying, you tell a heck of a good story. Either way, it's been fun to read your posts.
Agreed, would read again
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:50 PM 05-30-2023
Again, in Bart I trust. If it doesn't work out well long term lets ride.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:55 PM 05-30-2023
**** UPDATE ****

Here’s what he said …

****er better be RIGHT!

Once Pawn Vocaroo's this - I will believe it.
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:55 PM 05-30-2023
Has an offense ever scored 1500 points in a season?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:55 PM 05-30-2023
Hope Chiefs win football game
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:57 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Has an offense ever scored 1500 points in a season?
Lol, 11 times.

Jk of course. I think when i used to play Madden seriously I scored more than 1,000 points in one season, including playoffs.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:58 PM 05-30-2023
We've got SmithAndrew camped out over at the Best Buy so we'll know soon enough if Bill is legit
[Reply]
BossChief 09:01 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Nope, not doing it.

He needs to just go ahead and sign somewhere so i can stop thinking about it and stop refreshing this fuckin' thread.

Im not sure i have it in me for another one of these ordeals.
I hear ya.

These things very rarely work out.

**** UPDATE ****

Here’s what he said …

****er better be RIGHT!
Thank you for sharing.

I wonder why they need to keep it hush hush. Iirc he was given the go ahead from Arizona to negotiate a deal with other teams before he’s cut.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:01 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We've got SmithAndrew camped out over at the Best Buy so we'll know soon enough if Bill is legit

Why Best Buy? I mean, I know he doesn't drink, but BB seems kind of arbitrary?
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:02 PM 05-30-2023
Also is there even room for Watson anymore? :-)
[Reply]
srvy 09:03 PM 05-30-2023
Was at the Costco at 152 h/w and Platte Purchase Dr. at about 7:45 pm. I was at the fresh meat department picking out some smoking meats. started down the aisle and look up and low and behold Eric Stonestreet is walk right toward me with his Fiance. They had no cart and looked to be one of those meals premade to microwave in Eric's hand. As he was getting closer I spoke hey Eric we signing Dhop? He nodded winked and gave a thumbs up as he passed.

Yeah part of this story isn't true! I didn't ask him about Dhop. I only said hello Mr Stonestreet and he smiled and said hello and that was the end of it. I think he was a little afraid I was going to ask for a selfie or something. His voice is a dead giveaway.

I wondered what in the world he was doing in the Northland Cosco. When I looked up The Big Slick I saw it was next week. I also looked up if he is married. I saw that he was engaged and saw the photo of the same woman he was with in Costco. Eric was sporting some Dad jeans a button up untucked shirt ballcap and an impressive beer belly.

[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:04 PM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Not fucking leaving until the ink on the contract has dried
[Reply]
Page 73 of 324
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Up