Hall of Classics>****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread****
pr_capone 12:49 PM 10-01-2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Organization:

pr_capone: Paypal / FB / Media Contact
Marty: FB / Twitter / Media Contact
GoChiefs: (Cassel's Reckoning) - FB / Research / Youtube

This team is just plain awful. The only consistently good play on offense comes from Bowe and Charles. Daboll is, I'm sure a great person, but an awful offensive coordinator. While I understand that trying to lead this team is "like trying to drive a car with 4 flat tires"... it is incomprehensible to me how he can misuse the little talent that he does have. Romeo was the right man for the job regarding Belcher. He is still not the guy to coach this team into playoff contention and a Super Bowl.

*****. I hope the rumors of the Titans being interested are true. I hope you did get your walking papers on your recent trip to Dallas. I cannot wait for you to be gone from Kansas City. You took an ailing team and smothered it Cassel, ineffective FA, and bad picks in the draft. Statistically... you are the worst thing to ever happen to Kansas City Chiefs football. I will be thrilled when your termination is announced.

There is still an unresolved issue with the donation from sports nutz and both parties are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Because I cannot afford to pay for a 2 hour flight by myself... we are only planning on flying a single banner. Effectively, we only have $960ish in the bank until the matter is resolved.

If the funds come available in time for the banner to fly, we will fly a second banner as well.

Donations - Financials
Spoiler!

Archived Opening Posts

First Post - The Banner Is In The Air
Spoiler!

The Banner Is In The Air - 10/17
Spoiler!

10/17 - 11/9
Spoiler!

11/9 - Blackout
Spoiler!

Blackout - Raiders
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DeezNutz 09:33 PM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
I would say our oline is better, with Breaston and Bowe our wr core is better. LJ isn't the rb anymore. We have two pass rushers as opposed to just Hali, who improved as a player in the 3-4 implemented in 09. There aren't any areas our team is worse than it was in 09 except for the secondary.
Disagree.

Pioli has done absolutely nothing to improve the team, aside from Houston.

The offensive line is still fine. Defensive line still cannot stop the run, and all of our best players are Herm holdovers, now 4 years older. Pioli simply couldn't be any worse at his job.

But at least he's an asshole about it, so there's that.
[Reply]
Manila-Chief 09:39 PM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by ILChief:
He didn't take Oakland to a Super Bowl, he beat them in the super bowl
Thanks for the correction ... Oakland got beat in the AFC championship game.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:21 PM 12-17-2012
Why would Cowher care about total control. That's the demand of a person who's trying to build a reputation. Cowher's rep is solid. If he comes here he won't be a tyrant...it's not his personality anyway.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 PM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
Disagree.

Pioli has done absolutely nothing to improve the team, aside from Houston.

The offensive line is still fine.
Pioli has done a good job with the OL IMO.

Next year it's really gonna come together.

Albert, Allen, Hudson, Asamoah and Winston are gonna kick ass.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:24 PM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by RunKC:
50 years of NFL history says that Bill Cowher will not win a SB in KC.

No HC has ever won a SB on 2 different teams.
What if Cowher was GM, though?

I'd be more on board with that than HC.
[Reply]
O.city 10:27 PM 12-17-2012
I think if he were to come here, he's coming as HC, with him and Clark picking the GM best fit to work with him.

Which is a sweet relief, because that doesn't seem to have been happening.
[Reply]
O.city 10:44 PM 12-17-2012
Clay, how would you feel about

Cowher as HC
Rex as DC
Wiz as OC
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:06 PM 12-17-2012
No, I don't want Cowher as HC.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 11:40 PM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:
No, I don't want Cowher as HC.
Cowher > Fisher. Still not sure I want.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:46 PM 12-17-2012
I'm far more apt to see him become our GM, because that way his conservaderp methods can't infect the team on gameday.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:51 PM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by O.city:
How many of those coaches have had a franchise QB at the second stop?

I know Parcells never did, cause he's a fucking bafoon who thought Jake Long was a first overall pick when they didn't have a QB.
Bledsoe
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:52 PM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Parcels, vermeil, Seifert, Holmgren, Shanahan, those are the ones I can think of immediately.
Lombardi
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:59 PM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think a lot of them become convinced that they were far more responsible for winning than they actually were. They become more decisive which leads to amplifying mistakes and the like.

It's why dick vermeil thought he could win without a defense and parcels thought he could win with Tony Romo.
Parcells won with Simms. He won with Hostetler. He went to a Super Bowl with Bledsoe. He went to an AFC Championship Game with Testaverde. He believed in Pennington so much that he hired him as starter in two different cities in the same division.

He only believed in Romo for 1.5 seasons. Had he stayed, maybe Romo would have won something but most likely not.

The thing to keep in mind is that it's not only a game on the field, it's a game everywhere else.

It's all a big fucking game and these guys couldn't care less about the city or the fans.

If Romo wins a Super Bowl, there will be an interview with Parcells stating "That's MY guy".
[Reply]
The Rick 12:00 AM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini:
So Clark is trying to get Cowher? Interesting. I'd imagine you'll have to pay him 7-8 mil a year.
Not possible. I was told on ChiefsPlanet that Clark is a cheapskate.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:02 AM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by The Rick:
Not possible. I was told on ChiefsPlanet that Clark is a cheapskate.
Prove that Clark isn't cheap.

Thanks in advance.
[Reply]
Page 540 of 603
« First < 40440490530536537538539540 541542543544550590 > Last »
Up