ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 34
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2020(1) Tokyo Olympics Thread****
Pablo 06:45 PM 07-23-2021
Opening ceremony happening now. Consider this your repository for all things olympics.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:02 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The same people in this thread praising Biles would be no doubt killing Kevin Durant if he suddenly quit Team USA Basketball, citing "mental health" reasons.

Would you give him the same "he's already a winner he has nothing else to prove" benefit of the doubt?
Was Durant subjected to years of rape*, with potential for mental health issues / anxiety / CPTSD stemming from it? I'd probably give him a pass.

*(insert jokes about his days with the Thunder & UT)

I do get it, from purely a sports angle. Talk some shit if someone isn't clutch. That said, she's already proven she can do it, and it also makes sense that she deals with anxiety issues. I'm not super worried about it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:03 PM 07-27-2021
Interesting that athletes in other sports don't get that same generous reaction.

When Aaron Rodgers played poorly in the past two NFC Championship Games, the immediate reaction wasn't exactly "he's already a winner, he has nothing to prove to anyone".

When Kawhi Leonard struggled for the Clippers in the past two NBA playoffs, not many people were saying "he's already a winner he has nothing to prove to anyone".
Well. The main difference is those are team sports not individual like Biles. So many more factors in play.

But yea, when your the star, all the pressure and expectations fall on you.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 12:05 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
At least Osaka lost her match in these Olympics. In the French Open, she quit mid-tournament. Not mid-match. Quitting when you're about to lose to the Russians anyway makes Simone out to be a sore loser.

Not exactly a rage quitter but still looks bad.
It could possibly look worse if she participates in individual competitions next week.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:10 PM 07-27-2021
She is weak, soft and quit. She isn't a bad person by any means...she just isn't mentally tough. Let's not sugar coat the shit. A great gymnast she is, "bad ass" she is not.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:19 PM 07-27-2021
Interesting that athletes in other sports don't get that same generous reaction.

When Aaron Rodgers played poorly in the past two NFC Championship Games, the immediate reaction wasn't exactly "he's already a winner, he has nothing to prove to anyone".

When Kawhi Leonard struggled for the Clippers in the past two NBA playoffs, not many people were saying "he's already a winner he has nothing to prove to anyone".
Also, I have no idea the stats…..but don’t women gymnasts typically peak around 15-18?

Biles is 24….…

Totally different than other sports.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:20 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
She is weak, soft and quit. She isn't a bad person by any means...she just isn't mentally tough. Let's not sugar coat the shit. A great gymnast she is, "bad ass" she is not.
She fucked up today, no doubt. It's a stain on her career.

But she's definitely a badass, already has 5 Golds, and is like the Jordan of her sport.

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:24 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
She ****ed up today, no doubt. It's a stain on her career.

But she's definitely a badass, already has 5 Golds, and is like the Jordan of her sport.

She is a great gymnast. Seems odd some want to make excuses here...either due to gender or race I'm guessing. I'm trying to think of something similar to this happening to a star on a big stage but can't. Maybe the "No mas" fight..
[Reply]
Dante84 12:45 PM 07-27-2021
She is a great gymnast. Seems odd some want to make excuses here...either due to gender or race I'm guessing. I'm trying to think of something similar to this happening to a star on a big stage but can't. Maybe the "No mas" fight..

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:48 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Looks like I nailed it....thanks.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:54 PM 07-27-2021
Looks like I nailed it....thanks.
You're playing the "you're playing the race card" card.

I literally never went there, bud.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:58 PM 07-27-2021
You can't think of it because it doesn't happen to any true star athlete. I'm not sure what/who you're referring to regarding excuses.

She bitched out. Regardless of what she did in her past, she bitched out.

And if you watched her body language and demeanor at all this Olympics, it's hardly a surprise that she's a selfish athlete.

I mentioned in D.C that my wife and I had this conversation on Sat or Sun regarding her shit demeanor on sideline.
[Reply]
kepp 01:12 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You can't think of it because it doesn't happen to any true star athlete. I'm not sure what/who you're referring to regarding excuses.

She bitched out. Regardless of what she did in her past, she bitched out.

And if you watched her body language and demeanor at all this Olympics, it's hardly a surprise that she's a selfish athlete.

I mentioned in D.C that my wife and I had this conversation on Sat or Sun regarding her shit demeanor on sideline.
Her demeanor has been very telling
[Reply]
Stewie 01:16 PM 07-27-2021
You could see Biles struggling in the Olympic qualification. She may have lost her confidence and part of the reason she didn't want to compete. It's hard to be perfect when the media and everyone else expects perfection.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:23 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Stewie:
It's hard to be perfect when the media and everyone else expects perfection.
Can USA Basketball use this excuse as well?
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:30 PM 07-27-2021
Can USA Basketball use this excuse as well?
No, but they can point at the rape France gave them.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 34
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up