ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 30
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2020(1) Tokyo Olympics Thread****
Eleazar 11:59 AM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The same people in this thread praising Biles would be no doubt killing Kevin Durant if he suddenly quit Team USA Basketball, citing "mental health" reasons.

Would you give him the same "he's already a winner he has nothing else to prove" benefit of the doubt?
Exactly.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:02 PM 07-27-2021
The same people in this thread praising Biles would be no doubt killing Kevin Durant if he suddenly quit Team USA Basketball, citing "mental health" reasons.

Would you give him the same "he's already a winner he has nothing else to prove" benefit of the doubt?
Was Durant subjected to years of rape*, with potential for mental health issues / anxiety / CPTSD stemming from it? I'd probably give him a pass.

*(insert jokes about his days with the Thunder & UT)

I do get it, from purely a sports angle. Talk some shit if someone isn't clutch. That said, she's already proven she can do it, and it also makes sense that she deals with anxiety issues. I'm not super worried about it.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:56 AM 07-27-2021
(Interupting the tear fest to say mens diving is gay)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:10 PM 07-27-2021
She is weak, soft and quit. She isn't a bad person by any means...she just isn't mentally tough. Let's not sugar coat the shit. A great gymnast she is, "bad ass" she is not.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:20 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
She is weak, soft and quit. She isn't a bad person by any means...she just isn't mentally tough. Let's not sugar coat the shit. A great gymnast she is, "bad ass" she is not.
She fucked up today, no doubt. It's a stain on her career.

But she's definitely a badass, already has 5 Golds, and is like the Jordan of her sport.

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:24 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
She ****ed up today, no doubt. It's a stain on her career.

But she's definitely a badass, already has 5 Golds, and is like the Jordan of her sport.

She is a great gymnast. Seems odd some want to make excuses here...either due to gender or race I'm guessing. I'm trying to think of something similar to this happening to a star on a big stage but can't. Maybe the "No mas" fight..
[Reply]
Dante84 12:45 PM 07-27-2021
She is a great gymnast. Seems odd some want to make excuses here...either due to gender or race I'm guessing. I'm trying to think of something similar to this happening to a star on a big stage but can't. Maybe the "No mas" fight..

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:48 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Looks like I nailed it....thanks.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:58 PM 07-27-2021
You can't think of it because it doesn't happen to any true star athlete. I'm not sure what/who you're referring to regarding excuses.

She bitched out. Regardless of what she did in her past, she bitched out.

And if you watched her body language and demeanor at all this Olympics, it's hardly a surprise that she's a selfish athlete.

I mentioned in D.C that my wife and I had this conversation on Sat or Sun regarding her shit demeanor on sideline.
[Reply]
kepp 01:12 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You can't think of it because it doesn't happen to any true star athlete. I'm not sure what/who you're referring to regarding excuses.

And if you watched her body language and demeanor at all this Olympics, it's hardly a surprise that she's a selfish athlete.

I mentioned in D.C that my wife and I had this conversation on Sat or Sun regarding her shit demeanor on sideline.
Her demeanor has been very telling
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:35 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

I know shit all about Biles or gymnastics, but isn't it also possible she just doesn't have that drive any longer to be the best? Most who reach such the summit of their sport keep pushing, but some don't. The fire to be the best in the world may just not be there any longer.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:25 PM 07-27-2021
she has been there done that. You think all those other Olympic gold medals and being considered the best of all time without being tough? One little slip up and not only the gold is gone but a medal. Years of training wasted because of one slip up. To finish on top multiple times with pressure like that…. No way she’s not tough.
[Reply]
Stewie 01:16 PM 07-27-2021
You could see Biles struggling in the Olympic qualification. She may have lost her confidence and part of the reason she didn't want to compete. It's hard to be perfect when the media and everyone else expects perfection.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:23 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Stewie:
It's hard to be perfect when the media and everyone else expects perfection.
Can USA Basketball use this excuse as well?
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:30 PM 07-27-2021
Can USA Basketball use this excuse as well?
No, but they can point at the rape France gave them.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 30
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up