ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 18
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: The Witcher
Redbled 12:21 AM 07-05-2019
I’ll have to try it again. I tried but for me it didn’t compare to the Assassins Creed series so I went back to finish Odyssey.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:47 PM 07-19-2019

[Reply]
Frazod 10:27 PM 07-19-2019
That looks quite promising.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:09 PM 07-19-2019
Casting, from a looks perspective, is on point!
[Reply]
Iconic 11:46 AM 07-21-2019
Not very enthused with Anya Chalotra being cast as Yen.

Yen needs a certain amount of maturity... and thickness if I'm being honest.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:35 PM 07-21-2019
Cavill is fucking huge.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:03 PM 10-31-2019
Well, that trailer looks pretty damn good. I'm in.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:24 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Well, that trailer looks pretty damn good. I'm in.
Yep, I'll give this a whirl
[Reply]
Frazod 03:37 PM 10-31-2019
Fuck. That gave me chills. Can't wait.
[Reply]
Iconic 05:03 PM 10-31-2019
Holy **** Cavill looks like he nailed it. Voice and everything. Still not feeling the actress playing Yen though. I feel like she's just never going to live up to my expectations for an on-screen Yen.

But the trailer looks bananas. They definitely did this right.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:51 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Holy **** Cavill looks like he nailed it. Voice and everything. Still not feeling the actress playing Yen though. I feel like she's just never going to live up to my expectations for an on-screen Yen.

Yeah, she's way not hot enough, although she looks better in this last one.

Of course, I haven't ever read the books, so my image of Yen is 100% the smoking hot fantasy goddess from the game.

Even though I always pick Triss. :-)
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:38 AM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, she's way not hot enough, although she looks better in this last one.

Of course, I haven't ever read the books, so my image of Yen is 100% the smoking hot fantasy goddess from the game.

Even though I always pick Triss. :-)
Give her some contacts and Kate Beckinsdale would have been perfect.

You choosing the red snapper over the girl who likes it on top of equines, eh?
[Reply]
Frazod 04:10 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Give her some contacts and Kate Beckinsdale would have been perfect.

You choosing the red snapper over the girl who likes it on top of equines, eh?
Yes, Kate Beckinsale would have been perfect. But I seriously doubt if the budget had room for another big name salary.

As for the whole Yen v. Triss thing, I just look at it this way - they're both hot as hell, but one has a baseline of sweet and thoughtful, and one has a baseline of haughty bitch. I'll go with the nice one. And the one who didn't teleport Geralt into thin air over the lake. :-)
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:01 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yes, Kate Beckinsale would have been perfect. But I seriously doubt if the budget had room for another big name salary.

As for the whole Yen v. Triss thing, I just look at it this way - they're both hot as hell, but one has a baseline of sweet and thoughtful, and one has a baseline of haughty bitch. I'll go with the nice one. And the one who didn't teleport Geralt into thin air over the lake. :-)
First play through of W3:WH I chose
Spoiler!

Second play through as much as I wanted to choose Tris for the same reasons you did I just had a thing for Yen no matter what kind of bitchy attitude or abusive relationship she brought to the table :-)
[Reply]
Pants 08:43 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:

I felt like Cavill had too much emotion and not enough pragmatism.

Granted, I never read the books, but in the games, Geralt felt to me like an utter pragmatic with like a pinch of pessimism and a dash of fatalism mixed into his dry and sarcastic approach to life.

Maybe the games take place after the show's events and he's just a jaded, older self at that point? IDK.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 18
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up