ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Loss is on Veach
wbbonneriii 06:39 PM 12-04-2022
He had every opportunity to upgrade both lines during the offseason and trade deadline and didn’t add anything that makes a real difference. Could have had Suh and others but nope…
[Reply]
TEX 10:53 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-) :-)

Yea, the Chiefs aren't undefeated so they clearly aren't "that good".

What a stupid ****ing post.
Nah, I gave you my reasons. If you were to go team by team and look at what I said, you'd find that it's pretty spot on. So let's do that..
Cardinals. Good? Nope
Bolts. Good? Maybe
Bucs. Good? Nope
Raiders. Good? Nope
Bills - Good team. Good QB. Lost
49'ers - Good team. No QB
Jags. Good? Nope
Titans? Good team. Rookie QB
Bengals -Good Team, good QB. Lost

Like I said, they can beat the bad teams, and the teams with QB issues, but when they play the teams on their level. They are O-2. So....:-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:56 AM 12-06-2022
But it's just so much easier to put blame on a guy that wasn't playing or even coaching like Veach, than to just acknowledge that Pat and Travis weren't good enough.
I think you could make the argument that it's both, but at some point, you got what you got in terms of who's playing.

The drafting hindsight is always easy, sure they should have taken this or that. The DL needed more in the offseason, again, shit happens. You aren't building a perfect team.

My thing is, I dont' even need Mahomes and company to play "perfect". But stop making these stupid mistakes when you don't have to. It's ok to throw it away down there and kick a fg. It's ok to go down in the middle of the field and not gain an extra 3 yards there.
[Reply]
TEX 10:56 AM 12-06-2022
:-) :-)

Yea, the Chiefs aren't undefeated so they clearly aren't "that good".

What a stupid ****ing post.
Nah, I gave you my reasons. And I did not say anything about being undefeated. But if u were to go team by team and look at who they beat, what I said, was pretty spot on. So let's do that..
Cardinals. Good? Nope
Bolts. Good? Maybe
Bucs. Good? Nope
Raiders. Good? Nope
Jags. Good? Nope

Like I said, they can beat the bad teams, and the teams with QB issues, but when they play the teams on their level. They are O-2. And the DL not being able to win with four guys rushing, is a big part of the reason, when they play the other Elite QB's So....:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 10:56 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Nah, I gave you my reasons. If you were to go team by team and look at what I said, you'd find that it's pretty spot on. So let's do that..
Cardinals. Good? Nope
Bolts. Good? Maybe
Bucs. Good? Nope
Raiders. Good? Nope
Jags. Good? Nope

Like I said, they can beat the bad teams, and the teams with QB issues, but when they play the teams on their level. They are O-2. So....:-)
And they lost those games by a combined 6 points not playing anywhere near their best ball.

But don't let that get in the way of your attempt to create a narrative!

Again, do you expect the Chiefs to be undefeated at this point? You act like they've had a cupcake schedule, when it's the opposite of that.

They lost 2 close games to the 2 best teams they've played. It doesn't mean that they aren't that good.
[Reply]
O.city 10:57 AM 12-06-2022
Nah, I gave you my reasons. And I did not say anything about being undefeated. But if u were to go team by team and look at who they beat, what I said, was pretty spot on. So let's do that..
Cardinals. Good? Nope
Bolts. Good? Maybe
Bucs. Good? Nope
Raiders. Good? Nope
Jags. Good? Nope

You didn't think they'd be good when they traded Hill. You've been on that the whole season and quiet when they're winning.

It is what it is.
[Reply]
TEX 10:58 AM 12-06-2022
But it's just so much easier to put blame on a guy that wasn't playing or even coaching like Veach, than to just acknowledge that Pat and Travis weren't good enough.
Why can't it be both? It can be.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:58 AM 12-06-2022
But what you aren't understanding is that even the best defenses have games like that against elite QBs.

The 49ers got "torched all day" agaisnt us in their house.

The Cowboys got torched by the fucking Packers of all teams this year.

Burrow, Chase, and Higgins are REALLY fucking good.
SF's defense has held basically everybody else under 20 points and several to 10 or less. And I think they have the lowest yardage allowed in the league. If you're getting stellar defense every week, it's easy to forgive one day of getting torched by Mahomes/Reid.

I don't think it's asking too much to expect just a little resistance. Of course, we have to have a little patience with this D due to youth, but right now, it feels like the only way they get a stop vs a good QB is the offense making a mistake.
[Reply]
TEX 10:59 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
You didn't think they'd be good when they traded Hill. You've been on that the whole season and quiet when they're winning.

It is what it is.
I picked them to finish 11-6 and make the playoffs. That's on record. I think they're doing better than what I predicted in part, because a lot of the other teams aren't as good as I thought they would be. Right now I had them at 7-5 losing at Bucs and Chargers. So I'm 2 games off my prediction. Bet it ends up that way also.
[Reply]
O.city 10:59 AM 12-06-2022
I picked them to finish 11-6 and make the playoffs. That's on record.
So when they finish with 14 wins and 3 losses, half of what you predicted....what? I'm assuming you'll be on to the next thing
[Reply]
staylor26 11:00 AM 12-06-2022

It is what it is.
Nail on the head.

Mind you, this is the person that has been sucking the Dolphins dick all season.

But somehow the 49ers who are good but with no QB blew them the fuck out with their fucking 3rd string QB.

But the Chiefs get little credit for absolutely destroying them in their house with Jimmy G at QB.

Go figure!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:03 AM 12-06-2022
The issue was the time. They got ran on, then the Chiefs ran it well and it just shortened the game. Makes the variance more of an issue for sure.

But again, all that said, they got the Chiefs offense the ball with a 24-20 lead in the fourth quarter. Against other elite offenses, that's what you want.
They were lucky to be in that position. The defense provided almost no resistance all game. Are you giving them credit for a dropped wide open TD? Or the 10 yd penalty that took away a good gain and led to Cincinnati's only punt of the day? Aside from the miraculous stop on 4th down, the defense did virtually nothing to slow them down.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:06 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
They were lucky to be in that position. The defense provided almost no resistance all game. Are you giving them credit for a dropped wide open TD? Or the 10 yd penalty that took away a good gain and led to Cincinnati's only punt of the day? Aside from the miraculous stop on 4th down, the defense did virtually nothing to slow them down.
And yet the 4th down stop put the Chiefs in position to slam the door shut and Kelce fumbled it away.

With Pat, Kelce and Andy, that should be enough.

I'd take 24-20 in the 4th with the ball and a chance to go up 2 scores every single time.

You can't make mistakes like that when you're playing great teams/QBs.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:08 AM 12-06-2022
I also think it's unfair not to acknowledge that the defense was robbed of a takeaway early in the game on a ticky tack BS call.

The roughing the passer call possibly took away a stop for the defense too.

When the refs are calling the game like that early on, it usually has a psychological affect on the defense.

Just look at the SB agaisnt the Bucs.

That doesn't mean they played well, or even close to it, but it deserves mention IMO.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:09 AM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I'm not complaining about anything. Not every disagreement has to be blown up into hand-wringing or fury. I've mentioned plenty of times and in plenty of ways the things Veach has done I really like and the smaller number of things I don't or at least find a head-scratcher. Nor do I think I'd do a better job than Veach or know more than him, which is the other argument that gets rolled out.

I've said before I've absolutely no issue with the Karlaftis pick, I liked him, and I still think he will be a good player. He just hasn't been this year. And that's noticeable because outside of Jones neither has anyone else on our DL. I'd not have drafted Cook and gone with someone like Travis Jones, I'd then probably have gone for DE again later on and someone like Enagbare. I'd also have spent the money on Ingram. Would it have made a difference? Probably not, which is why I'd be a terrible GM.

The ONLY point I'm making, which is obvious to everyone, is our DL is pants.
My apologies for lumping you in with the few who are doing that. I actually appreciate what you would have done and it’s not a bad strategy. I do agree that our Dline still needs work. I just balk at the idea that Veach did nothing to address it.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:20 AM 12-06-2022
And yet the 4th down stop put the Chiefs in position to slam the door shut and Kelce fumbled it away.

With Pat, Kelce and Andy, that should be enough.

I'd take 24-20 in the 4th with the ball and a chance to go up 2 scores every single time.

You can't make mistakes like that when you're playing great teams/QBs.
And yet the Chiefs have not fielded their best offense yet. They just started Pacheco a month or so ago and we haven’t had Hardman and Toney back together yet.

I think the Chiefs offense with all those pieces are as good as we’ve seen in the Mahomes era.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up