ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 469
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:24 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Sorry. I respect your baseball knowledge and was not trying to give you a hard time.

When someone says NEVER...I have to check if there are exceptions.

My earlier post was inappropriate and ill timed.
Ha! It's all good. I was just straining really hard to understand why Whit playing ss was being addressed as anything close to a possibility and therefore a line of discussion. Made no sense! Now...back to discussing the many bullpen arms that have been signed by other teams and not the Royals. Seriously...nearly every arm we've been linked to has been signed, I think. With the new rules on howany times you can move up and down from Omaha, it feels like we either will need a vet arm or two in the pen or maybe a buy low starter that allows us to move Minor to the pen as a swing man.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:31 AM 03-15-2022

Matheny on @610SportsKC "With Mondi being ready to go at shortstop. ... (Nicky Lopez) is our 2nd baseman. I think he's going to be the best 2nd baseman in all of baseball, and then we're going to give Bobby Witt Jr. an opportunity & get a good look at him at 3rd base." #Royals

— Josh Vernier (@JoshVernier610) March 15, 2022

[Reply]
Tylerthigpen!1! 09:38 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That sweet, sweet dream died a sad death the day they re-signed Michael A. Taylor.

My thoughts, though, are that Witt-Mondesi-Lopez would be an INCREDIBLY rangy IF and with the changes in shifts, would go back to giving the Royals a defensive advantage that shifting helped demolish.
Ya that D would be pretty nuts. Whats your take on the talk coming out of the organization about rebuilding his quick twitch fibers? I know wuick twitch is a real thing but it sounds like psuedo/pop science.

Also what are the chances Lopez reverts to the mean and becomes a liability at the plate?
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 10:20 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
This is so short sighted on Matheny's part. Let the guy that will stay healthy all year get settled into the position he will be playing eventually anyway. Mondi should be playing 2b if anything so that Whit slides right back where he belongs when the inevitable injury occurs.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:42 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
This is so short sighted on Matheny's part. Let the guy that will stay healthy all year get settled into the position he will be playing eventually anyway. Mondi should be playing 2b if anything so that Whit slides right back where he belongs when the inevitable injury occurs.
Well, we have a BIG hole at 3B and no one to fill it, so Witt can provide that gold glove defense and bat over there for now.

Also, it's only a matter of time before Mondi gets injured and either Witt will move to SS then or they will slide Lopez back over and bring Merrifield back to 2B full time. Either can work for this year.

Witt needs to be playing every day, whether it's at SS or 3B. He can fill both positions well. That will suffice for 2022.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:44 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1!:
Ya that D would be pretty nuts. Whats your take on the talk coming out of the organization about rebuilding his quick twitch fibers? I know wuick twitch is a real thing but it sounds like psuedo/pop science.

Also what are the chances Lopez reverts to the mean and becomes a liability at the plate?
The team found a way to keep Lorenzo Cain healthy, so there is a precedent for it, I guess.

I think Lopez may see some variance based on luck, but he has traditionally performed at a consistent level after an adjustment period. I think his defense will play well at 2B and he'll be a consistently annoying high-contact, low K option at 2B.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 11:13 AM 03-15-2022
I expect Lopez to play a lot of short with Whitt at 2nd to try and keep Mondi healthy.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 11:20 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
I expect Lopez to play a lot of short with Whitt at 2nd to try to deal with Mondi landing on the IL.
There...fixed it for you.

Seriously...Whit and Lopez were a fantastic combo up the middle last year. I hate that they're messing with that. Lopez will play 2B when Witt goes to SS. But IMO, Mondi does not warrant a move of Lopez to 2B. I'd prefer Mondi play super-utility and DH quite a bit. BWJ at 3B makes the most sense right now, although I'd be all-in on Mondi starting at 3B if Witt has a poor ST.
[Reply]
Reroka 11:24 AM 03-15-2022
Do we still have a baseball team?
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:27 AM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
I expect Lopez to play a lot of short with Whitt at 2nd to try and keep Mondi healthy.
An accelerated and shortened spring training should really help Mondi stay healthy. :-)

I expect his injury announcement to be made around April 10th.
[Reply]
TLO 12:05 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
An accelerated and shortened spring training should really help Mondi stay healthy. :-)

I expect his injury announcement to be made around April 10th.
You think he makes it out of spring training?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:07 PM 03-15-2022
How we feeling about Matheny year 3 as the coach?
[Reply]
BWillie 01:58 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Ha! It's all good. I was just straining really hard to understand why Whit playing ss was being addressed as anything close to a possibility and therefore a line of discussion. Made no sense! Now...back to discussing the many bullpen arms that have been signed by other teams and not the Royals. Seriously...nearly every arm we've been linked to has been signed, I think. With the new rules on howany times you can move up and down from Omaha, it feels like we either will need a vet arm or two in the pen or maybe a buy low starter that allows us to move Minor to the pen as a swing man.
Look - I don't want Whit to play SS. I never said he plays that position with any regularity. Relax. But I'd rather them put Mondesi in CF and play Whit at SS than to play Mondesi at SS. Mondesi is a GREAT shortstop but I'm tired of his ass getting hurt and he doesn't lose alot of value if he plays CF. Whit's value drops like a rock anytime he plays in the OF.

What I'd do is make Whit permanent at 2B, put Lopez at SS and Mondesi at CF. Witt at 3B. But for some reason the Royals don't want to do that.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 02:05 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
How we feeling about Matheny year 3 as the coach?
He exceeded my expectations the first year and then regressed this year. I think he does much better with a short season where he doesn’t mess with the bullpen arms as much.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:54 PM 03-15-2022
The plan last year was Mondi at SS, Lopez at 2nd and Whit in RF. Right up until they broke camp. That is the best lineup by far no matter what Fangraphs tells Prison Bitch.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 469
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up