« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Creed Humphrey Thread*****
Dante84 07:26 PM 04-30-2021
More to come!

All the fun draft stuff below.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Cheater5 12:50 PM 11-02-2021
Yeah, but I was told since he graded out really good in college, his performance as a rookie isn't a surprise and is to be expected. :-)
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:54 PM 11-02-2021
I wish we could go back and not draft Creed. Just not good positional value.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:54 PM 11-02-2021
The interior of our Oline is only going to get better. Having a power running game will fit really well if we would just do it.

Throwing off the playaction should help Mahomes
[Reply]
Hoover 12:56 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
The interior of our Oline is only going to get better. Having a power running game will fit really well if we would just do it.

Throwing off the playaction should help Mahomes
We need s Jerome Bettis type back.
[Reply]
Cheater5 01:08 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:

He's out there, just waiting for the call.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:09 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Andy doesn't seem to like power backs.

We had a decent one in Carlos Hyde in 2019, but we traded him to Houston.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:38 PM 11-02-2021
Agree re Reid

But our Oline is built for it. Might be time for him to try new things.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:57 PM 11-02-2021
Why? It's not important that we have a RB that can plow people.

Just one that can get plus yards. Why would plowing people be better?

The type of back doesn't have to match the physicality of the offensive line. Emmitt Smith wasn't a 'power back'. Priest Holmes was not a 'power back'.

We just need to commit to the run more. 55/45 pass/run. Just do it. Sometimes it won't look awesome, but it WILL open things up in the passing game, especially late in the game.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:30 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Why? It's not important that we have a RB that can plow people.

Just one that can get plus yards. Why would plowing people be better?

The type of back doesn't have to match the physicality of the offensive line. Emmitt Smith wasn't a 'power back'. Priest Holmes was not a 'power back'.

We just need to commit to the run more. 55/45 pass/run. Just do it. Sometimes it won't look awesome, but it WILL open things up in the passing game, especially late in the game.
Really?

A power running game wears down a defense. A power back will get that extra 2/3 yards even after contact. A good power back can makes the play-action pass really dangerous.

It doesn't mean we can't use Gore/Williams too. When a Defensive line really pinches down though, a bigger power back can still blow it up.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:33 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:

He's out there, just waiting for the call.
He's sign for league minimum and a medical marijuana card.
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:37 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by thabear04:
There is a shit ton of nasty on that interior OL. I love those guys.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:38 PM 11-02-2021
Really?

A power running game wears down a defense. A power back will get that extra 2/3 yards even after contact. A good power back can makes the play-action pass really dangerous.

It doesn't mean we can't use Gore/Williams too. When a Defensive line really pinches down though, a bigger power back can still blow it up.
How big a back do you want? I mean it's not like 250 pound backs that run 4.5 grow on trees.

The size of the back has little to do with having a power running game; the line does.

We have two 220 lb. backs right now. That's plenty stout. we don't need a lumbering fat-ass.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:56 PM 11-02-2021
Really?

Christian Okoye has an autographed 8x10 for you.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:01 PM 11-02-2021
You know what wears a defense down? Trey Smith pancacking motherfuckers. Humphrey bullying your ass. Thuney just walling you out of the play. Orlando Brown coming downhill at you, all 340 pounds of him, all game long.

Not a lumbering 250 pound running back.

'power back' shmower back.

We can debate the need for a BETTER running back, but not that we need a BIGGER running back.

And at the moment, I like what we saw from Gore, Williams is dependable though unspectacular, and who knows if CEH will ever be the LSU CEH again.

But no, I don't think we need a larger than 220 pound RB.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:16 PM 11-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You know what wears a defense down? Trey Smith pancacking motherfuckers. Humphrey bullying your ass. Thuney just walling you out of the play. Orlando Brown coming downhill at you, all 340 pounds of him, all game long.

Not a lumbering 250 pound running back.

'power back' shmower back.

We can debate the need for a BETTER running back, but not that we need a BIGGER running back.

And at the moment, I like what we saw from Gore, Williams is dependable though unspectacular, and who knows if CEH will ever be the LSU CEH again.

But no, I don't think we need a larger than 220 pound RB.
Perfectly reasonable sentiments, of course

But imagine a world where we have this line, Reid is a run heavy guy... and we had someone like Henry back there

Thats a chub inducer in my book
[Reply]
Page 27 of 51
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up