Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:05 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Did anyone else find it odd that

Spoiler!
Nah... she was like "it was gonna be one, then two, but let's make 3 of those fuckers instead".

Galadriel is to Elves what Isildur is to Man. Just a constant fuck-up.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:06 PM 10-16-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
dlphg9 01:47 PM 10-16-2022

Spoiler!
What other option did she have?
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:52 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What other option did she have?
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:33 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Well, shit. They're in Moria? I really need to pay more attention..
They showed the Balrog down there at the end of one of the episodes when the feather fell. Can't remember which.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:40 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
They showed the Balrog down there at the end of one of the episodes when the feather fell. Can't remember which.

Yeah, I saw the Balrog as they were closing up the mine, was just not entirely paying attention to why they were so opposed to mining the mythril.

And now that I think about it, is this the Balrog that battles Gandalf all those years later?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:50 PM 10-16-2022
Yeah, I saw the Balrog as they were closing up the mine, was just not entirely paying attention to why they were so opposed to mining the mythril.

And now that I think about it, is this the Balrog that battles Gandalf all those years later?
Yes probably.
[Reply]
Stro39 05:10 PM 10-16-2022

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 07:07 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Wow. That finale.

The reveals for Sauron and Gandalf were so fucking well done. And that goddamn credits singing. FUCK!

Had a spiritual experience.

The guy who plays Gandalf is absolutely nailing the vibe. I saw that nose line coming a mile away and still loved it. Teared up like a bitch.

WHERE THE SHAAAAAAAAADOOOOWS LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MOAR!

It's not Gandalf. Gandalf didn't come until the third age. It's either Alatar or Pallando, and that is given away by the fact that they are travelling to Rhun.

Adding one of the blue wizards to the story is a great idea, as very very little was written about them, so the show's writers will have free license to make up interesting stories as they wish.
[Reply]
loochy 07:09 AM 10-17-2022

Probably, but Durin's Bane didn't reawaken until the third age, so I wouldn't expect a lot going on with it here.
[Reply]
Fish 07:19 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
It's not Gandalf. Gandalf didn't come until the third age. It's either Alatar or Pallando, and that is given away by the fact that they are travelling to Rhun.

Adding one of the blue wizards to the story is a great idea, as very very little was written about them, so the show's writers will have free license to make up interesting stories as they wish.
Hopefully. But they way they hinted at it, I'm afraid they are trying to shoehorn Gandalf into this era. The Stranger used exactly the same phrase that Gandalf uses in LoTR.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:51 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:

yeah bullshit :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:31 AM 10-17-2022
It’s definitely Gandalf. The guy is literally using the same lines from LOTR.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 09:37 AM 10-17-2022

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 11:13 AM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
yeah bullshit :-)
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It’s definitely Gandalf. The guy is literally using the same lines from LOTR.

Purists are going to flip out so hard if it's him.

And it's a bit disappointing to reintroduce a character we already know vs introducing something new.

I want characters that don't already have a story written for them, like the black elf, or like Adar.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 44
« First < 303637383940 41424344 >
Up