ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 44
« First < 243031323334 35363738 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:34 PM 10-04-2022
Amazon analyst said he 'fell asleep' watching the company's LOTR 'Rings of Power' TV show, making him even more worried the $1 billion project may be a bust
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:21 PM 10-04-2022
Oh look here's JPB with his weekly, "LOTR sucks" post.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:11 AM 10-05-2022
Glad to hear things are improving, I almost fell asleep during episode 1 but I'll give it a couple more episodes.
[Reply]
kevrunner 07:59 AM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh crap - I just figured out where I remember her from!

She was Nora in How I Met Your Mother

Easily one of the hotter selections on that show...
Google her and Scientology and it will be a little shocking if you didn’t already know about her and Tom Cruise.
[Reply]
Miles 08:23 AM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
Google her and Scientology and it will be a little shocking if you didn’t already know about her and Tom Cruise.
I’d recalled the story but hadn’t made the connection that this was the same actress. I also remember her from the short lived but decent show Counterpart on Starz.
[Reply]
Miles 08:25 AM 10-05-2022
Luckily Galadriel‘s horse had some NOS installed.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 09:08 AM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by Miles:
Luckily Galadriel‘s horse had some NOS installed.
I did find it a bit odd that they sail to middle earth knowing only that they needed to go to the general region of the Southlands & somehow ride straight to the town where the battle is taking place.
[Reply]
Miles 01:17 PM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
I did find it a bit odd that they sail to middle earth knowing only that they needed to go to the general region of the Southlands & somehow ride straight to the town where the battle is taking place.
I haven’t watched them in years but I remember the movies having the same issue where good guys show up at the exact moment it’s not too late.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 02:15 PM 10-05-2022
I haven’t watched them in years but I remember the movies having the same issue where good guys show up at the exact moment it’s not too late.
Yeah there is Gandolf arriving with the Riders of Rohan just as the orcs are breaking into Helm's deep & the Riders of Rohan arriving just as they're entering Minas Tirith & then Aragorn arriving with the army of the dead just as the battle is turning again. But in those cases while the timing was convenient, at least those people all knew where they needed to go. Gandalf knew they were going to Helms deep, Rohan knew because the beacons were lit they needed to go to Minas Tirith & Aragorn had just left from the army of Rohan to recruit the army of the dead so he also knew where the battle was taking place.

In this case they had no way that I can think of to know exactly where in the Southland orcs were attacking a small village & yet somehow went straight there. They could have simply showed them speaking to locals where they were told of an orc army headed to said village, or even made it clear they were tracking the orcs. Just one of those things I though about after watching.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:21 PM 10-05-2022

In this case they had no way that I can think of to know exactly where in the Southland orcs were attacking a small village & yet somehow went straight there. They could have simply showed them speaking to locals where they were told of an orc army headed to said village, or even made it clear they were tracking the orcs. Just one of those things I though about after watching.
Magic, man.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:45 PM 10-05-2022
Those scenes were awesome, though. Homeboy's speech to the riders at Minas Tirith is still one of the best moments in cinema history, IMO.

"Ride now! Ride for ruin and the world's ending! DEATH! DEEEEEAAATTHHH!"

Or something like that.. With the thousand riders behind him chanting "DEATH" too. Man, that's a great scene.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:53 PM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Those scenes were awesome, though. Homeboy's speech to the riders at Minas Tirith is still one of the best moments in cinema history, IMO.

"Ride now! Ride for ruin and the world's ending! DEATH! DEEEEEAAATTHHH!"

Or something like that.. With the thousand riders behind him chanting "DEATH" too. Man, that's a great scene.

The anti-LOTR crowd is just wrong. That was an all-time 'chill scene' in the theaters.

What's more amazing than anything was just how long it took to get a proper LOTR movie. The source material is just screaming for the big screen.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 03:11 PM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

The anti-LOTR crowd is just wrong. That was an all-time 'chill scene' in the theaters.

What's more amazing than anything was just how long it took to get a proper LOTR movie. The source material is just screaming for the big screen.
I think he's referring to this scene:

[Reply]
ModSocks 03:11 PM 10-05-2022
Just imagine how great the reviews of this series would've been had they just not had a Puerto Rican elf :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:44 PM 10-05-2022
I think he's referring to this scene:
Ah - yeah, probably so.

The Black Gate speech is also a pretty great one. There's lots of good speechifying in those movies.

[Reply]
Page 34 of 44
« First < 243031323334 35363738 > Last »
Up